• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score

I'd say the real question is, do you like the D01's you got? Why don't you just keep them? There is nothing wrong with a 16.5 cm hem.

Thwy didn't look bad necessarily, until just under the knee, when they start to pool a lot at the ankles. I was thinking of having them tapered before realizing that they were D01s. Since the D02s are available, I'll just grab those.

You can't really get any stacking with the D01s without constantly stepping on the hem imo

Thanks for the help though!

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Beckham

This might be a stretch, but anyone out there wanting to trade a size 52 teddy (yours) down a size for a blue 50?

Have you looked on Facebook SLP buy sell group? It is quite extensive

when they start to pool a lot at the ankles.

Yep pretty much this, I sold mine and got D02s and when I first put them on I was like **** why didn't I get these on day 1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi guys, do you mind helping me with a legit check on these two pairs?
While they seem good to me so far, I'm by no means an expert and have been wrong in the past.
Thanks

Sorry about the order by the way.

Last edited:

anonimar

Reaction score
Hi guys, do you mind helping me with a legit check on these two pairs?
While they seem good to me so far, I'm by no means an expert and have been wrong in the past.
Thanks

Sorry about the order by the way.
The bikers are legit, I don't know enough about the other pair to tell you. Biker fakes mess up the bottom knee zippers (not diagonal enough), some of them still use the D02 label, some don't have SLP branding on the main waist button, the zipper shapes are different, and if you look behind the knee zippers (inside the pants) they won't have SLP branding on the backside. Your tag is also an identical match to mine.

Reaction score
The bikers are legit, I don't know enough about the other pair to tell you. Biker fakes mess up the bottom knee zippers (not diagonal enough), some of them still use the D02 label, some don't have SLP branding on the main waist button, the zipper shapes are different, and if you look behind the knee zippers (inside the pants) they won't have SLP branding on the backside. Your tag is also an identical match to mine.

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.
If the bikers are legit I'm 95% sure he's legit, as the bikers are probably more prone to being fake than the destroyed jeans.

The distressing also seems to check out mostly with the model on SSENSE (https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/product/saint-laurent/blue-skinny-destroyed-jeans/1399713).
It's just that it has the new tag, which I'm not really familiar with.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adrian beckham I don't think the teddy jacket you posted looks too small on you. Are you sure you want to size up - a full size is significantly bigger.

therattler

Reaction score
I second that Adrian beckham. I got a 48, and had to resell and buy a 46 (im always one or the other size depending on the piece). sleeves are waaay longer and the body is much bigger and rounder if you size up. I felt like I looked like the Michelin man.

Adrian Beckham

Reaction score

Adrian beckham I don't think the teddy jacket you posted looks too small on you. Are you sure you want to size up - a full size is significantly bigger.

I do like the fit around the chest, but the sleeves end around my wrist bone when my arms are down, and do ride up as they bend. I'm leaning more towards just selling and trying a leather or something instead of sizing up now.

therattler

Reaction score
well you got the insta pics in it so ******* why not.

@FervorousDesire were those from a dude requesting a trade on grailed? if this is the one I was thinking of, the dude claimed to have virtually everything, and gave me a pretty weird vibe--be careful.

Last edited:

epryor

Reaction score
Just received the distressed polka dot, ******* love it! @oakghost I love and hate you at the same time

Adrian Beckham

Reaction score
I second that Adrian beckham. I got a 48, and had to resell and buy a 46 (im always one or the other size depending on the piece). sleeves are waaay longer and the body is much bigger and rounder if you size up. I felt like I looked like the Michelin man.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it another go this weekend and see how it feels before I sell it or take it down.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimar

Any idea who is an active admin for that group? My join status has been pending for days.

KJ Wagner, Marco Clo and like 3 others, it should take that long should be like 12 hours, it's the one with 9000 something member righ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads