1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Here's mine, one day I will take a decent picture of the collection - from Left to right:
    black raw d10, women destroyed fw14 denim, fw13 crash denim, black raw zipper pockets women d02, fw13 waxed d02, ss14 raw zebra print d02, raw indigo d02, white raw d02 (still need to wear em), 5 zippers d02, FW13 runway moto leather pants.
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. dieseltheory

dieseltheory Well-Known Member

hey guys 2 quick things....

does anyone have the new Devon boots that also has either the cropped Chelsea's from SS16 or any cropped Jodhpur's? i'm trying to see how they size up against each other.....do the Devon's fit bigger or similar to the cropped boots? to be honest...being lazy here and not wanting to go to the store to try them on :X

second....since there's a lot of talk around the Raw Indigo blue denim....i have a pair of unworn, brand new with tags still attached size 28 from FW13 if anyone wants for a good price, only willing to let it go to someone in this forum if ur interested, otherwise im just going to keep it for myself when/if i ever get around to wearing anything but black denim

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

when I tried the devon's on in-store I took the same size as my cropped jods.

1 person likes this.
  4. dieseltheory

dieseltheory Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up mate, much appreciated!

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I also took the same size in the Devon as in the cropped jodhpurs. They are maybe very slightly tighter in the toes, but you should take your same size.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rick Rossi

Rick Rossi Active Member

Can you send me a PM with pics and an offer price? I'm interested.

7. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

does anyone know if 3 passant belt come in brown leather and brass loops?

8. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I think I have seen it only in black with oxidized brass loops.

Also I have a question for you guys, hope someone can help me. Does anyone here have the style code of this FW15 stand collar coat and could provide it to me? Thanks in advance :)
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

393655 y835j 1000

2 people like this.
  10. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks man, appreciate it. What's your opinion on it, worth the money? Fit, fabric, etc

11. therattler

therattler Senior member

i love mine. will be a wardrobe staple for years to come. it's also one of the few pieces that always gets compliments.

2 people like this.
  12. kcotsnosirrah

kcotsnosirrah New Member

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I often have a read through this forum and it seems you guys know what you're talking about.

I'm wanting to add a protective layer to the sole of my jodhpurs and my western wyatts. Both my black and nut harness wyatts wore a hole in and I got them resoled, however you lose the SLP logo underneath and I also find the heel is never quite right when they've been resoled.

So I'm wondering if anyone has a trusted/recommend cobbler in London (preferably central or north) and what I should ask for (vibram/toppy)?

Thank you in advance.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Classic Shoe Repairs do work for the Bond Street store. I've had several pairs done there and they did an excellent job. They have two options for rubber half soles; one thinner (which I always go with), as well as a thicker but less sleek option.

1 person likes this.
  14. thorns

thorns Senior member

If you want to resole it while keeping the logo and heel maybe s half-sole resole instead may be the solution. But there are people who advocate full sole resole only because there is a slice point when you do half-sole.

15. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

i go to a guy around the corner from the big tesco in covent garden. i don't think his shop even has a name. he's very good and has plenty of experience with sl boots from me. better than the guys bond st use in my opinion. he'll also turn around a pair in the same day.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  16. Denim_Connoisseur

Denim_Connoisseur Well-Known Member

Could someone in NYC recommend a trusted cobbler who could add a topy/vibram layer with a short turn around time? Additionally, what is a good price to pay to add a topy/vibram layer to protect the sole? I checked Leather Spa years ago and they seemed pretty expensive at the time considering that my most expensive pair of shoes cost around $400 back then. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  17. keykoo

keykoo Senior member

I goto Arty's in Chelsea.

Adding a rubber layer is a very simple job and any decent cobbler can do it. I think I pay 30 or 40 per pair, don't remember.

18. kcotsnosirrah

kcotsnosirrah New Member

Thank you all.

I will try out Classic Shoe Repairs as it turns out it is just down the road from me.

I wish I had known about half-sole resoles earlier, but it's something to consider for the future.

19. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

Anyone see the indigo raw D01's anywhere?

20. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

I use Romano on 8th Ave. Good work and okay price: $40.