1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

2 pairs of denim. And all I know is if it's above $800 there will be an import tax. Not sure how they calculate it though

2. haydrak

haydrak Well-Known Member

That's very disappointing. I called DHL and I was told that I will only be charged maximum 7% tax for the leather jacket+Some change(not more than $50)for other services. I guess not[​IMG] Thanks for posting your experience man. Cheers.

3. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

Via Ssense:
    Quote: I always assumed Ssense's pricing was inclusive of duties, and I've definitely received orders over $800 (even before the limit was increased) without any extra fees. I'd maybe contact them just to see if there's anything they can do (probably not, but it's worth a shot), especially since it seems atypical that you'd get charged. It also seems worth knowing for future reference.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  4. neonrider

neonrider Well-Known Member

yeah, i order to london from ssense all the time and it's duties etc inclusive, contact them.

5. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Dumb question nevermind

6. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

I thought Canada to USA was Duty Free. I ordered around $1200 in products in one order from them last month and it was shipped through DHL.. no fees.

7. cphead

cphead Member

Ordered over 800 from SSENSE many times and never been charged fees. Doesn't NAFTA prevent duties from Canada to US?

8. onlyslp

I ordered something else right after that's about the same price as my last order and I don't see any charges as of right now
    I might have gotten lucky with the last charge or maybe it's because I've been buying a lot of stuff overseas lately so I got charged
    we'll see

btw anyone have experience with the devon patent leather derbys? I have never tried wearing patent leather shoes with a casual outfit like jeans + tee. Any opinion?

9. Isolar

Isolar Well-Known Member

It's definitely worth looking into. While I have no knowledge of the VAT situation in North America, I have on more than one occasion received a DHL/UPS bill for customs that were already paid at checkout.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  10. onlyslp

I lied, I got charged for about 8% VAT for the second order
    no idea how they calculate it

11. oayl

oayl Member

Hey guys need a little help, im kinds in between sizes in suede jodhpur boots. Should i get the small size and wear with thin socks, or get the larger size and wear em with thicker sport socks? They apparently dont have half sizes in these in my retailer. Thanks

12. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something but why not just order from a retailer that stocks the half sizes or ask them if they can order them in? Why buy a shoe that doesn't fit?

That being said all leather/suede will stretch to a degree but I've never noticed it enough in my shoes that they stretch enough that they no longer fit.

13. oayl

oayl Member

Because im frm a third world country.. We dnt have much retailers here, ordering online is a hassle too [​IMG][​IMG]

14. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Ahh ok. Go try them on. I sized down .5 in Jodhpurs from wyatts and 1 full size from Nike trainers etc. Everyones foot is different so i would just try them on and see if the feel comfortable.

15. kindalonely

kindalonely Member

Wow I never had that problem with ssense even with orders way over $800. I will stop ordering from them if this turns to be more than isolated cases.

16. piblondin

piblondin Well-Known Member

I realize that sizing questions have been covered elsewhere, but can someone help me out with current season leather harness Wyatts and leather Chelsea boots? I'm a 9.5 in Nikes and Jordans (with the exception of Nike Frees, in which I wear a 10) and a 9D in Allen Edmonds. Wondering if I should go with 42 or 42.5 on these. I wear 42 in SL/10s and 42.5 in SL/37s, and 42.5 in MMM GATs. Any help with the Chelsea and Wyatt sizing is much appreciated. Thanks!

17. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

From the size charts it looks like the black runs one size smaller than the blue, is this true? Did you get them yet?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. onlyslp

I just got the package
    best material and fit so far since AW13......
    The fit pretty close to the AW13 black and blue raws except they're still larger in the waist than AW13, so just go with your jeans sizing for the ones released after SS14 and you'll be fine

2 people like this.
  19. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Well-Known Member

Any difference between the sizing?

20. onlyslp

the black ones are a little tighter in the waist but it shouldn't affect what size you get, just go with your normal FW14-SS16 jeans size

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016