• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chipskylurk

Reaction score
If I wear a 43 in Margiela GATs, can I go down to a 42 in leather Santiags?

Randeep

Reaction score
Tarrago Nano Protector. Makes suede material bullet-proof as far as water or other stains are concerned. That, and use a brush+eraser when required. I have a pair of J Crew Kenton suede oxfords and wear them very often--daily beaters--and they still look great. Nicely worn in but otherwise so clean.
have you perosnally used this on tan suede slp boots? no discolouration?

edwardh123

Reaction score
If anyone's looking for SS16 plaid in XS or S - I've got a couple up on eBay

I've also got plenty of other items for sale. Users have been hitting me up for proxy as well, so let me know if interested in anything.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/aguirre171717

aren't you the guy that just marks up fatimamendes.com sale items and lists them on ebay, even though they ship worldwide anyway?

sh0ebox

Reaction score

trying to add more boots to my rotation but can't decide..... i already have black leather and tobacco suede wyatt....

hedi 30 Chelsea, hedi 40 Chelsea, or jodhpurs?

Hedi 30 chelseas first IMO. Add some heel variation since your current boots are both 40mm.

Last edited:

sh0ebox

Reaction score

how are hedi 30 chelseas compared to jodhpurs?

Guess it depends on the style you prefer since the current model jodhpurs are also on a 30mm heel. I personally prefer the styling of chelseas so that'd be my choice. Totally up to you otherwise.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
I'm still hunting for French 85 "Cut-Out" Boots in size 42.5 or 43.

I'm PP ready :D or any help locating pair would be fantastic.

therattler

Reaction score
Those black suede Chelseas are interesting. I'm kind of tempted. As OakGhost mentioned next season has some nice looking suede boots coming, but I'm not yet sure if I like thin soled suede boots as much as the thicker Hedi ones.

Rattler I think you mentioned that you have the black leather Hedi 30 Chelseas too right? They're fast becoming one of my favourite boots along with the original Wyatt Chelseas in black leather.

Yeah man, those are my everyday boots. I used to rock the cropped jodhs everyday. can't praise them enough. their low key, but just sleek enough to make look cool. i'll get a new pair as a back up soon too. anyone who's wondering what to get next it should be these. they work with anything and allow you to have more fun with the rest of the outfit.

I'm with you on the new thin soled boots. interested in seeing them but not sure if they'll be me.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Yeah man, those are my everyday boots. I used to rock the cropped jodhs everyday. can't praise them enough. their low key, but just sleek enough to make look cool. i'll get a new pair as a back up soon too. anyone who's wondering what to get next it should be these. they work with anything and allow you to have more fun with the rest of the outfit.

I'm with you on the new thin soled boots. interested in seeing them but not sure if they'll be me.

Not sure about the new thin soled boots either, I like my boots a little chunky just so it's not feminine with the heels.

I like the thin soled derbys though haha can't wait to try them

btw do you have other colors of the hedi 30 chelseas? And.... I was actually kinda iffy on the chelseas cuz I wasn't sure if they would look good with just a t-shirt and jeans. How do you style them usually?

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'd go with the Hedi 30 black leather Chelseas too, because as The Rattler just pointed out, they are very easy to wear with anything and still look really sleek. For example the first time I became interested in them was after seeing a member of staff wear them with black skinny D02s cropped, a 3 passant, and one of the fine merino black crew necks tucked in which is very much my kind of style. Have since seen the same member of staff wear them with the 17 cm gabardine trousers and they also look great. On the other hand they also look great worn casual, for example with raw hem:

I personally wear them with raw black / raw indigo jeans, striped knits and t-shirts, black knits, black silk t shirt, black pleated shirt, black caban, black hoody, etc. They pretty much work with anything - am still in the process of trying to get a blazer of some kind, and will also wear them with that and a white shirt as many of the staff do.

They are different enough from the Wyatt Chelsea to actually warrant having one of each though, but without a doubt if you were only going to have one then I'd go with the Hedi one for it's versatility. Also with the new versions of the Wyatt Chelsea, I've found the wider ankle shaft is more likely to be a problem because of the extra height of the boot (in addition to the heel, the boot itself is about an inch and a half or so higher). The Hedi 30 don't really have a slim shaft, but yet skinny D02s fall great with them, even when cropped.

One other point is that they also feel sturdier. I noticed they weigh more than the Wyatt Chelsea that I have, despite being lower, and the leather on my SS 16 ones is the same as the old leather used on all the boots around SS13 - AW13 (although this can vary by batch).

On the thin soled boots, I'm definitely getting them in black leather if available as I love my French, but not sure I like the suede with thin soles - can look a bit slipper like to me. The pointy Derby is 100% on my list in either plain black or lizard. The boots look to have a 3-3.5 cm heel which is nice, and the derby a 2 - 2.5 cm heel - perfect.

therattler

Reaction score
I have the black leather and tan suede. i don't like wearing my wyatts with my l01, its too much, which is when the chelseas are perfect. likewise, ill probably wear the chelseas, black jeans, t, and sunset teddy.

you cant go wrong with chelseas, t and jeans look. its a subtle way to do slp.

i agree with everything @kieran84 just said. amen.

Last edited:

onlyslp

Reaction score
Damn now that you guys are talking about it like it's holy grail I wanna get some hedi 30 too

How is the sizing on them though?

and btw as to the wider shaft problem. I'm a 39.5 in black leather wyatt and 39 in suede so I have no problem fitting them under my jeans.

And you right, the black leather on my wyatt is like the older leather used back then and i got new ones this season since i sold my old ones from fw13 for like almost 2x the original price lol

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
everybody can buy a pair of wyatts to take a few photos in. Chelsea's you can look cool 24/7.

I always take a 42, in all my slp.

onlyslp

Reaction score
everybody can buy a pair of wyatts to take a few photos in. Chelsea's you can look cool 24/7.

I always take a 42, in all my slp.

is it weird that i usually dress down with my wyatts and just pair them with a pair of skinny jeans and plain t?

lol now that @kieran84 posted a picture of them they do look pretty sleek and versatile. i never really paid attention to them before haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads