• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What happened to all the Hedi's leaving SLP talk? It almost seems like bait to increase viewership of the LA show.

In all seriousness, when does his contract expire? One would imagine they are in the throes of renegotiation. If only they had Trump to work that deal.

This month

edwardh123

Reaction score
Don't size down on leather high jods. Only suede.. 1 full size

Have just purchased the new season suede high jodhs in 1 size down, hope you are right!!

617 euros including postage, vat excluded + 10% off code, good deal I think

mtre

Reaction score
How do the Signature London 20 cropped chelsea fit? Online store is sold out in my normal size but they have half a size down available...

edwardh123

Reaction score
How do the Signature London 20 cropped chelsea fit? Online store is sold out in my normal size but they have half a size down available...
would probably work if you have slim feet/ankles or if they are suede

onlyslp

Reaction score

for calf leather you should be able to size down 1/2 from true size

and for suede, well as other people have said sizing down 1 wouldn't be a problem

youwhat

Reaction score
What happened to all the Hedi's leaving SLP talk? It almost seems like bait to increase viewership of the LA show.

In all seriousness, when does his contract expire? One would imagine they are in the throes of renegotiation. If only they had Trump to work that deal.

haha was funny "went in the shop today and the mood was sombre / like a funeral"

or the stockroom guy knew exactly what was happening in the contract negotiations / where he was going

a good laugh

therattler

Reaction score
@SirGrotius in one of the links I posted a few pages back, Pineault said that they "had until the end of March" to come to an agreement on the contract. i imagine we'll here something this week. no way they'll announce it after the show, retrospectively deeming it his last. get your credit card ready.

in other news a friend had seen the showroom for FW16 stuff and said that some of the diffusion (his word) production pieces weren't that nice. he said the low boots didn't seem as special. I am looking forward to seeing everything broken up.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EOM is a lot of time. I imagine they'll get the deal done. IIRC, revenues are up around 20% annually, whereas other fashion houses have tepid if any growth.

therattler

Reaction score
maybe hedi pulled a david lynch and leaked the rumours himself to gain an even better bargaining position. I find it hard to believe that he would possibly want even more--the only thing he doesn't have rights to the beauty stuff. anyone know when the licenses with L'Oreal end?

linstar

Reaction score
Anyone on the shorter side have any experience with the aw13 knee blowouts? Have an opportunity to purchase a pair, but not sure if they will look weird since I'm only 5'6.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that on the YSL official Twitter account all Saint Laurent clothing credits now state Saint Laurent By Hedi Slimane whereas before it simply was credited as Saint Laurent. All these credit changes are post men's Palladium show.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have just purchased the new season suede high jodhs in 1 size down, hope you are right!!

617 euros including postage, vat excluded + 10% off code, good deal I think

Where'd you grab these? Could you PM me?

mcking

Reaction score
Anyone on the shorter side have any experience with the aw13 knee blowouts? Have an opportunity to purchase a pair, but not sure if they will look weird since I'm only 5'6.
i'm 5'10 and my 30w is not EXACTLY on my knees so you might be pushing it. The blowouts are however large enough for no one to notice unlike the newer knee rips for example. A lot of people with those look like shin rips.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads