1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Denimsuede

Denimsuede Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today I tried this jacket. I tried TTS and it fits slim and cropped. The leather is also very soft and buttery. The zipper kinda looks cheap though. Although I do think keeping it one color looks nice, I don't think it looks luxurious enough.

2. volchok

volchok Senior member

There are no Dsquared or YSL stores where I live.

3. volchok

volchok Senior member

I agree that it feels very limiting and I only like high end brands. I don't wear Diesel or Levi's.
    Out of curiosity do you have fit pics with hemmed jeans?

4. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

they hemmed the jeans that way on the runway for ss16
    was surprised

do you have a pic of them inside out?

or have they literally stitched it on top?

thats the problem with hemming jeans usually - the new hem looks like shit

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Out of curiosity, what's the point of that?

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Just got around to trying the patent Deven Derby shoes - exquisite! They probably aren't to everybody's tastes, but the shape is perfection, and the patent is super sleek. Tried them with my black AW 15 mid waist jeans, and the AW 16 black merino crew neck - looked really sleek and dressy. Also plan to wear them with the same jeans and a white Yves collar shirt and black 69 cm notch lapel two button blazer / classic black caban. I also think my red and black sweater from AW 15 will be nice with them, and possibly my navy and ivory Breton cashmere knit. They look super shiny in day light though, but are pretty much only something I'd wear at night. Very happy. If they turn up anywhere in plain calf as well then I'll be buying them for sure as the shape is fantastic - pretty much like the original 2 hole Blake Derby from SS 13, but pointed - beautiful.

Can't wait for the Deven Chelsea to arrive now too. And also considering a second Deven boot of some kind - maybe patent, and maybe python. I'd prefer the Lizard side zips from the runway as they look a little dressier than python somehow, but nowhere seems to have bought them.

1 person likes this.
  7. volchok

volchok Senior member

I wanted to see how his hemmed jeans looked like, how they fit, how much stacking there was and so forth.
    I'm not asking for nudes here, calm down guy.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  8. jacobbn98

jacobbn98 Member

Anyone have fitpics with the 3passant belt?

9. jacobbn98

jacobbn98 Member

[​IMG]

10. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

Cloonz just posted a deadly fit pic with that kind of belt.

11. slann01

slann01 Senior member

3 passant belt, D02 and suede leopard print santiag boots
    [​IMG]

cbtaylor, LA4Lyfe and splitsides like this.
  12. jacobbn98

jacobbn98 Member

Already got this one in my folder dude! So lit :)

1 person likes this.
  13. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

It's not stitched on top, it's 'wrapped around' and then stitched. This tailor is the best in Dubai and really knows how to keep his clients happy. He even uses the original thread to sew the hem on. See pic below.

[​IMG]

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Volchok, when you wear skinny jeans for a few weeks they get considerably shorter due to the creasing behind the knee (as anyone that has ever hemmed jeans with no break when new, only to have them nearly an inch above the shoe a couple of weeks later knows), they also usually lose close to an inch from washing on a normal 30-40 degree wash and hang dry if they are raw. You may not need nearly the amount of adjustment that you think. I personally wait until I've broken in all clothes before having alterations made as even blazers and coats will lift a little in the sleeves with wear, and shirts shrink slightly from washing.

15. echau

echau Senior member

I don't hem my jeans. Some may think the stacking is excessive, but it's never bothered me.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. volchok

volchok Senior member

ignore this post.

17. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

just cut your jeans if you're that concerned, there's a reason they're cut to fit at the runway. hemming will almost always make them look worse.

hey keiran was that you at bond st trying blazers today?

18. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

if he's wrapping it around then yeah he's stitching on top (on the outside) (you can see a lip on the first pic also so i thought he was - just wanted to see exactly how he was doing but that other pic doesnt help)

i just thought some cut and stitched back together (example below - big pic so can look closely)

http://www.secondkulture.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Saint-Laurent-Spring-Summer-2016-Mens-27.jpg

how exacty is he re using the original thread?
    i know its possible he could use a bit (but thats ALOT of hassle) but he's got to cut it somewhere then thread his machine up - would be lucky to get one side done

clients happy is alright if they dont know what they're on about - most dont "thats management speak, david"

19. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Neonrider, no it wasn't me. Unfortunately, I don't have time to get down to London for a few weeks, and I've just yesterday had an email letting me know that the faux fur collar black overcoat has arrived that I really want to try. I'm going to see if I can free a day up somewhere. Everything is arriving so quickly this season. Last winter was pretty much the opposite.

20. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Saint Laurent caught on the Bottega and Common Projects wave. lol

[​IMG]