1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Yeah, I always assumed Hedi would be taking some time off prior to joining another house, regardless of any offers. I don't think this changes anything. If you believe the Chanel rumors, either he'll be taking over for Karl, who doesn't seem to be stepping down for some time, or he'll be heading up a menswear expansion, which would likely take a period of time to implement from a corporate standpoint. Either way, a one or two year hiatus wouldn't preclude his joining that label.

I've always thought the biggest obstacle for Hedi's continued work in fashion was Hedi himself, and where his interests happen to lie at the time.

2. Denim_Connoisseur

Denim_Connoisseur Well-Known Member

You have made me nostalgic by mentioning "hubba bubba". Those were the days :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Y3KID

Y3KID Active Member

Surprised these havent been posted yet... photos from inside the SS17 showroom were posted to a FB group

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For clothes, no photos but mainly 'carry over' or slightly tweaked designs.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. therattler

therattler Senior member

there's also another new short video on the ysl.com opening page. just two bland dudes wearing black jeans and a pair of leather sneakers.

5. Eyealt

Eyealt Member

All of this is crazy overpriced.

1 person likes this.
  6. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i like when people post "just want what i paid" yeah no shit

1 person likes this.
  7. mcking

mcking Senior member

Can't see from the photos cause it's small but is that black suede wyatt harness?? Been waiting since fw13

8. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

Guys, I have no clue what the resale value is of all of these. I just felt like if I can't recuperate what I paid for, I'll keep them (or at most take on a small loss). I don't dislike these items, it's just that I have too much stuff which I don't use. Also, I think because I live in Dubai, I'm paying a mark-up on European brands. SLP is typically 15-25% more expensive here. But the same goes for the US and the UK, although the mark-up might be a bit lower.

Well, at least I gave it a shot. Just ignore the post above.

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

The new YSL videos remind me what Sacha Baron Cohen's Bruno character would do in B&W.

1 person likes this.
  10. scanner

scanner Senior member

^ Hah

There's an incredible amount of disconnect looking at the official website with the new campaign above the FW15 items for sale. It shouldn't confound me as much but it just does not work or fit. It's like i'm looking at a banner for a YSLxHM collab or diffusion brand followed by the runway items.

11. shibafku

shibafku Active Member

what do you guys think about this flannel from ss16?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

so for shoes.. basically all the popular styles in popular colorways....... black calf leather/black suede/cigar suede/nut suede/grey suede

and oh they have gold wyatt chelsea now.... seems like they really want to keep that revenue from dropping after hedi left

good luck to wackarello when he releases his fw17 collection

13. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I'm regretting not getting more shirts from ss16 - the fall stuff is looking like pieces I have or just wouldn't wear.

For everything besides tops though I'm at the point where I feel satisfied with what I have will last me a while.

1 person likes this.
  14. rory1029

rory1029 New Member

15. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Double buckle jodhpur boots front row look interesting. Something a little like the classic women's jodhpurs which I always liked:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  16. echau

echau Senior member

Happy Friday!

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. realniceeasy

realniceeasy Member

God I love this denim! They look so good. Need a pair in my life

1 person likes this.
  18. GeneralNegative

GeneralNegative Active Member

I don't know about these new videos on the YSL website. It feels out of place. It's like when you unexpectedly get a new manager at work and you find out the old manager you liked is gone, it's still the same place but now it feels strange and disconnected.

1 person likes this.
  19. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Looking at the showroom pictures again, the front row jodhpurs definitely look to be a menswear version of the classic womenswear jodhpurs which first appeared for SS 13. I'm very excited for those as I've always loved them. It's hard to tell much from the photos, but I think it looks like the Hedi last unfortunately (would have preferred something sleeker like the Blake 30 last or the Seville last, etc.). I'll still almost definitely take a pair though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  20. niyengar

niyengar Senior member

I have a feeling I'm going to be spending an outrageous amount on footwear this season