• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm still suffering from the countless pairs of childhood jeans and pants my dear mother tailored herself with a nice and robust hem. :)

Rocco32

Reaction score
It's a very rare t-shirt. I am also finding for the size XS but is sold out on Luisa :(

bolimachine69

Reaction score
Hello:

I have SLP black jeans in 17,5cm; I have never seen 15 cm in person; someone who has this cut could tell me if it worth that cut?

I know both are black jeans, but I think 17,5cm is more classic and maybe 15 cm could be more rock style

Bussit

Reaction score
If you want the pants to fit more tight from the knee down, then it is worth it.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you think 1) 17.5 cm jeans are not already skinny and 2) a 2.5 cm taper is worth $600, I suggest you reevaluate your life.

Rocco32

Reaction score
I only dress the 15.5 jeans: the fit is fantastic, they are skinny but the denim is stretch and after 1 hour of use they are very comfortable. I also tried the 17.5 jeans and there is a great difference in the hem and in the leg. Personally I like much better the 15.5 jeans.

kelice

Reaction score
I also have several 15.5, and I think they are great. I think they are the jeans that look the best on me as I'm tall and thin :)

bolimachine69

Reaction score
  • lmaozedong if I decided to buy a jeans in one cut maybe I would sell the other one; anyway the more polite answer is that I spend my fuckin money in what I want

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got my black dry denim jacket in today. Very happy with the fit overall. But having to get a XXL (I needed that generous 21.5" chest) rolling the sleeves up twice is a must. Bit of a drag.

But Mr Porter UK site came through again (they were sold out in that size on the US site). Even refunded my shipping (30 pounds or $45) when I asked if there was a cheaper option to the US.

It's a beautiful jacket. Lighter weight than I expected. Perfect for the coming warmer days and very sharply cut. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

Cheers.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone have this seasons varsity in a 46?

Marv

Reaction score
Hey guys...

just bought my first pair of SLP 15.5 hem and I love them! Also ordered the Zipper Biker and thinking about buying some more pants.

To my question:

I bought the 15.5 black waxed which is a D 02 M/SK - a skinny Fit as the Lady from the store said.
(Should be this one: http://www.mrporter.com/product/374184?openTab=4)

Now I saw this which obviously looks more like a slim fit but should be the exact pant I bought?:
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...nderMemoCode=men&CategoryId=&SubLineMemoCode=

The fit is the same as, as seen on the pictures from the side in comparison:
http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...nderMemoCode=men&CategoryId=&SubLineMemoCode=

And lets compare this to an actual Skinny:

Im pretty sure mine is an actual Skinny, since it has the same fit as the Skinny solid black one above and the right code, but im a little bit confused.
Does anybody know if there are any fit differences between the 15.5 hems? They are also made with different combinations of cotton, poly and elast.
I don't want to order the wrong fit in the future when I'm not able to get to a store.

Excuse my bad englisch.
Thanks in advance guys!!!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

does anyone have this seasons varsity in a 46?

The navy one? My local boutique has them on order with the black one (again).

15.5cm is undoable if you like to eat or exercise.

Last edited:

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was askin for it lol^

yeah would really like to buy one. maybe just go for a 48? i have a calf slp bomber that fits perfect in a 48, but i'm a 46 in the rider.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads