1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Saw someone try those in NYC; he looked so ashamed after leaving the fitting room, back into which he hurriedly scurried after seeing the disapproving countenance of his partner.

I'd walk away man. Sale items for SLP are usually not a good idea unless they fit some sort of wardrobe staple/need.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

I won't wear these haha. Too old for them and they remind me of a cow. Maybe if someone dyes them all black they can be a steal

2 people like this.
  3. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

Those are terrible. As are thee grey marbled pair (which I liked, and planned to buy, until I tried them on at the store less than an hour ago).

1 person likes this.
  4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Agreed. These might be good for on stage one time thing but aren't really ft for normal wear. Need the 2013/ 2014 styles back.

5. haydrak

haydrak Well-Known Member

There's a multi brand store near me that sells the L01 classic motorcycle jacket in my size at a discount of 25% compared to the continental European price and at a discount of 45% compared to the US price.
    That shop clearly has no notion of 'permanent collection' and is discounting SLP and other stuff that are otherwise never on sale.

Since I've recently lost mine in a bar (that was a terrible day, especially knowing that have worn it literally only twice), I wonder whether I should go for it or just leave it as it is?

On the one hand I badly want it back, but on the other hand I noticed that I almost never wore it as it was mainly collecting dust in my closet. Also, the price is still the equivalent of an ugly $2700ish, regardless of the exceptional discount.

Need some decent pros and cons to make up my mind. It is literally bugging me as I know that jacket can be sold any day this week!

Thanks in advance![/quot
    If you are not gonna wear it, then don't get it.Thats the only question I ask myself before I buy anything new, "am I going to wear it?" But that's my opinion.
    I personally would love the opportunity to get it for that price coz I ll wear the s**t outta that jacket.

6. mwn11

mwn11 Well-Known Member

Just been having another think about these campaign images. I know its early for Vaccarello but as said, its hard not to judge/make assumptions from what we are given considering this has to be a very deliberate choice to start putting images out now just as the palladium stuff drops.

Remove the branding from this image and you learn practically nothing about the brand/design choices

[​IMG]

Compare that to a previous campaign image (Yes i know a collection had already been made for this but there is no reason Vaccarello had to put out images now without clothes)

[​IMG]

You get so much more of a brand image/identity with the past images. It just seems very rushed and ill thought out. I hope the follow images that are released have a little more content to them indicating what is to come.

2 people like this.
  7. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

First of all, While I respect Collier Schorr's work, she is a pretty brutal photographer who is in the business of photographing People, mainly powerful women. Nothing wrong with that. However it is like hiring the Rick Owens campaign guys to revamp SLP.

SLP had an edge that spoke beyond art. Like Dior Homme before, SLP Created a new subculture using previous outcast cultures. For example, Dior Homme influenced not only Rock but Techno and is in a subtle way responsible for exploiting the indie dance / dance rock culture that grew out of Hedi's work - Fischerspooner, Libertines, Justice, Erol Alkan, etc. Those guys were inspired by Hedi's influence. What he did with SLP was the same exact thing, Exploit what was already there for years and make outsiders envious that they aren't a part of it. Because of Hedi's SLP work, most of the bands and models that worked with him are household names and we should be so lucky as to be able to witness such talent (most of it). It's like discovering a record that has been around since the 70s for the first time ever.

What Kering has done here is tried to replicate Hedi's work with the same boring 'edgy' ad campaigns that every other fashion house is doing thinking they are creating a culture. Who else but Hedi could get Kanye West so heated? How dare he have more influence over the world over the celebrity whores that are plastered on every news outlet day in and day out?

Also, Collier Schorr's work can also be seen in the latest Lanvin ad campaign among many others as well. Does that make you any more excited about brand loyalty?

Fuck SLP and Fuck Kering.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    5 people like this.
  8. mugatu

mugatu Well-Known Member

There is nothing good to be expected from Vaccallero at SLP. They obviously chose him instead of a designer with stronger identity in a desperate attempt he will hack his way through while Kering figure out what to do with the brand. At best they will maintain the permanent collection giving somewhat of a continuation to Hedi's work, but most likely Vaccallero will drive SLP into minimal bland nothing-ness as these first images suggest, much like KvA did at DH after Hedi's departure.. one more season to go and it's a done deal folks..

9. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

it'll be fun to watch it all go down in flames.

3 people like this.
  10. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Well-Known Member

One of my fave images from that campaign - that vacant stare, that sumi ink jacket, that scarf tossed around his neck, still looks badass with a hubba bubba in his mouth fgs [​IMG][​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

Man I haven't had a hubba bubba since I was a kid they were pretty good

12. SirGrotius

The Palladium collection that is dropping online looks great to me. It makes me appreciate how much I've grown to like SLP these past few years, and how much I'll miss it going forward. My expectations for Anthony are zero. I guess I'm one of those Hedi guys, but I frankly just like the aesthetic, cuts, and attention to provenance.

13. therattler

therattler Well-Known Member

14. Y3KID

Y3KID Active Member

What is everyone planning to move to after SLP based on SS17 runways so far?

15. SpencerA

SpencerA Active Member

Personally I'm glad for respite from all these amazing collections, maybe now I can save some cash!
    I'm sure this isn't the last we have seen from Hedi in the fashion world, but for now I guess I'm going back to vintage scrounging and sewing/altering my own stuff; I'm starting to get into pattern drafting in my spare time so maybe that will bear fruit.

I think it was Scanner saying that the quality is bit wanting for the palladium items? That made my heart sink, as I've got the guitar leather jacket on pre-order and as I love the design was hoping it would be well made, any more details on that jacket specifically? How was the fit?

16. SirGrotius

I have a blazer and white jeans from the Palladium collection and have not noticed any diminution of quality. The blazer is still fully lined, which is a minor miracle these days.

I hear you though, definitely good to save up some cash!

I haven't seen any collections from S/S 2017 in Milan that really caught my eye, but I'm not much into the shows in Italy. ;) Looking at it now, I have some mild interest in Gucci just because of the hype and how wacky, dorky it looks to me in a comical sense.

1 person likes this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

It's like high school lit class in here.

1 person likes this.
  18. $aam

$aam Well-Known Member

Any update on how this season's jeans will fit?

19. seraphm2

seraphm2 Well-Known Member

20. Maximus6

Maximus6 Active Member

Has anybody seen a good sale deal on a pair of SL01/H in All White (Size 40/40,5)?