1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Thought it'd be fun to try them on while the girl friend was looking at bags. Yea the pockets are a joke, maybe only good for a zippo.

1 person likes this.
  2. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Senior member

*citation needed. You're speaking very matter-of-factly and providing just as little evidence.

If you notice, I was only talking about personal experience with women I actually know. Cyc and harlem's comments are fairly in line with nearly everything I've read regarding the criticisms of SLP womenswear, and any number of articles discussing the rise of fast fashion (and again, the general consensus of my own personal experience).

3. anonimar

anonimar Member

Yes. It's been like that every season, really small front pockets on the bikers.

1 person likes this.
  4. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

I have the A/W 14 ones and the pockets are definitely super small.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gustave

Gustave Member

I've asked the same question in this tread when I bought mine from 14SS. I was thinking to ask a tailor to replace bigger pockets but in this case I would have to go 1 size up in order to feel comfy. At the end I just leave it in the box since I couldn't find anyone to trade my 30 for 31...... I still don't get it why they made such tiny front pockets in men's collection.

1 person likes this.
  6. rebirth12

rebirth12 Well-Known Member

Noob question. Would there be any problem if I apply the jason markk waterproof spray onto a pair of suede jodhpurs?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  7. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

I've been looking for that one in 38 for ages. I saw it 6 months ago and skipped it. Dumb move. However, there is one for sale on the Japanese version of eBay in size 38 but the seller is asking the ridiculous price of $1150 and he won't negotiate. If you're willing to pay that crazy amount, then here's the link: http://www.jauce.com/auction/s474756895 Good luck!

8. valedictorian

There's a multi brand store near me that sells the L01 classic motorcycle jacket in my size at a discount of 25% compared to the continental European price and at a discount of 45% compared to the US price.
    That shop clearly has no notion of 'permanent collection' and is discounting SLP and other stuff that are otherwise never on sale.

Since I've recently lost mine in a bar (that was a terrible day, especially knowing that have worn it literally only twice), I wonder whether I should go for it or just leave it as it is?

On the one hand I badly want it back, but on the other hand I noticed that I almost never wore it as it was mainly collecting dust in my closet. Also, the price is still the equivalent of an ugly $2700ish, regardless of the exceptional discount.

Need some decent pros and cons to make up my mind. It is literally bugging me as I know that jacket can be sold any day this week!

Thanks in advance!

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i haven't used my front pockets at all on any jeans it's too tight and my iPhone 6+ doesn't fit in fully, even my wallet sticks out a little on the back pocket

10. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

So I'm a size 31 and these fit a tiny bit loose. So you guys are right for SLP denim. Size down 1.

11. epryor

epryor Senior member

First time for the fringes

[​IMG]

12. WhyKay

WhyKay Active Member

What store (do they carry the L17 as well)?

13. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Go true to size

1 person likes this.
  14. $aam

$aam Well-Known Member

Thanks!

15. valedictorian

@WhyKay It's a multi brand menswear store here in Dubai, comparable to Maxfield in Los Angeles. They don't sell online though. Also, I know exactly what SLP pieces they have and the L17 is definitely not part of it. They actually have very little SLP stuff as they sell at least 20 other brands.

This got me thinking: What are the requirements Kering imposes on some smaller stores before they allow distribution of their brands? It's kind of a rethorical question because I presume Dubai gets treated differently from other cities around the world.

16. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

Regular calf leather or suede black tall jodhpurs to wear with a suit at work? Ordered both but would like to hear thoughts

17. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

if you have to be formal at work, then go with leather

otherwise go with suede if you can wear jeans

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  18. scanner

scanner Senior member

I Pre-ordered the 70's Teddy and the Guitar Racer Jacket. 70's Teddy is so incredibly tiny and cropped at my regular size. I know Hedi is wearing one similar to that but it works for him but he is about 2 inches taller than me (I would say 6'1 / 6'2) and super svelte and even then, I'm not sure how he manages to look good in one of them. The Guitar Racer Jacket has a bit more give, but both jackets just feel incredibly cheap to the point of Members Only being a better buy for quality.

I also Pre-ordered a couple of belts and while the buckles are nice, the leather does not feel substantial.. it feels like dyed paper.

I didn't bother with any of the print shirts or re-issues as i've got most of the classics and don't really feel like anything in this collection will add to what I already have, however I am disappointed that the Calf L01 is already sold out. I'm waiting to hear if it's possible to get one but it seems like most of the boutiques that ordered did not even receive them. Now i'm just waiting on the Murdered Out Chain Wyatts and Suede Wyatts and i'll call it a day.

I did get the Raw D02 and they are a bit of a different fit than black, but I didn't ever get a chance to pick up the Raw Indigo D02, if they were ever even released in the past.

19. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Raw indigo D02 is back in stores too Scanner? They were released for both SS 13 and AW 13 FYI. If you don't mind how exactly does the fit vary from the black?

Also, was the Bowie buckle belt one of the belts you've mentioned? I've pre-ordered one of those myself so I hope it's not too bad as I like the look of them. Cheers.

Recently I've only ordered knitwear as almost nothing else I want has arrived yet. I had to return the camel crew neck as it was just a weird fit with a wide and low neck line (not even in a boat neck way which can look cool). It looked like an old man's jumper on me. I've been after a camel sweater for ages too, so I was pretty disappointed.

I have the black and ivory mohair blend gradient striped sweater arriving this week as well, so hopefully that will be better. I've also doubled up on the basic black merino crew neck as it's pretty nice and an easy item to wear. I'm really excited about the shoes though as they are the most to my tastes yet from the runway (I've only pre-ordered the patent Deven Derby, and the black leather Chelsea currently, but I think I'm going to get at least one more of the boots).

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  20. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

Where did you find raw D02s? And how would you say the fit differs?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016