1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@valedictorian I'm not really sure anyone can help you with this choice, considering it comes down to personal preference. But for what it's worth, my personal choice would be the shearling bomber, though you may not have much use for it in a warmer climate. I've just always liked the look of it.

2. silvrbullett

silvrbullett Member

These came in today but I hate the shape on my feet so they're going back. It's a shame because I like the material but the cropped boots do nothing for my legs. I'm better off sticking with Wyatt 40cm boots. [​IMG][/IMG]

3. echau

echau Senior member

New zippers aren't as chunky as FW13.

4. valedictorian

valedictorian Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, appreciate your points of view.

Just spoke to 2 friends and they told me that considering the desert I live in (Dubai is not a desert anymore!), it would be completely ridiculous to spend this kind of money for something I would wear 2 weeks per year at most. I could not disagree with that at all...

For the velvet jacket, one of them told me it's leaning towards Philipp Plein (you know, that awful German brand that is louder than a death metal concert) with those studs on the back. That sudden realization made me cringe and now I don't want this one neither :(

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Y3KID

Y3KID Active Member

Hi

I assume I am that 'dipshit'. Let me explain how this works for you, as you seem to be very angry about something that is easily explainable and.. doesnt matter!

Private sales start on different dates in different regions. Also, they sometimes do different percentage discounts! Further to this, before private sales even start (real private sales), they do private sale previews so you can see what will be on sale and maybe ask your SA to hold the item for you.

As I stated at the time, I was talking about Singapore and London! Singapore started on the 27th, London started on the 1st.

Hope this helps you calm down! :)

6. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

dunno if it was you
    not angry in the slightest

and yeah am on about UK (same as whoever it was)

i know how it works (i got invited / whatever / told the other week by staff what was and wasnt going in the sale)

some guy tried to buy some boots in the shop at sale price (the sale cant have been on then?)
    he said he could have bought them online (he couldnt because they didnt have his size)

7. KVAEIOU

KVAEIOU Active Member

I used to live in Dubai, there is no way even during that two week period you would ever need that first jacket.

8. valedictorian

I was referring to the 2 weeks I spend in Europe on average per year. :)

But yeah, you're right, even the coldest days in the year around here are comparable to an average summer day in continental Europe!

9. plstcpssn

plstcpssn Member

If you're after this sort of style, there's quite a similar jacket coming from Sandro in FW16. I know it doesn't match the SLP Bomber in terms of fit and fabrics, but maybe it's an alternative that doesn't cost you 3k or more:

[​IMG]

10. Jellz

Jellz Member

Thank you - why are they almost 150€ more expensive than ysl.com? Is saks in US?

11. valedictorian

@plstcpssn Thanks a lot your input. Appreciate it.

I usually try to avoid copycats like Sandro and The Kooples and some others. I was told these brands pay their designers to get front seats on SLP's fashion shows to... well, be a copycat. I don't avoid them because of some snobbish reasons, but simply because I support the creativity of original designers. It nevertheless does not mean I like everything that Hedi puts out.

I did, however, purchase the Zara version of the viscose sunset jacket because I liked the color patterns more than SLP's version (+ easier to combine with my mainly dark wardrobe). So I guess I don't always practice what I preach...

12. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Saks Fifth Avenue is named for its flagship location in New York.

13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Sandro have been doing there thing BEFORE Saint Laurent Paris apparently

14. LA4Lyfe

LA4Lyfe Senior member

Yeah well I just don't want to fuck up

Same as high tops

There is an aged version that's really nice and the fur could be black but not sure..but I think aged with black fur is dope for me at least. Either way can't go wrong

Dang man I know... I really wanna see someone slit the recent ones [​IMG]

Sandro is great. I do see the sl inspiration though. But it's great company overall as alternative

Zara sunset is cool but it's just too avaliable.. But i am a fan of that colorway over the sl.. debated over purchase

15. KVAEIOU

KVAEIOU Active Member

Welp nevermind me, move along [​IMG]

16. Patomin

Patomin New Member

Selling the SS13 Military Jacket in size 46.
    Will sell for a steal if anyone wants here

17. thetourist

thetourist Senior member

just wondering if these resemble the YSL.com photo or if they're more shiny/glossy like i've seen on other sites? I haven't seen them in person yet

18. Stackson

Stackson Senior member

I saw the Zara jacket online and liked it. It seemed like a cheap version of the SLP version, that I already own, that I could wear and not worry about it get in dirty or fucked up. In person the jacket is very poor quality. The print is digitalized and looks cheaply printed on to the jacket. Not my thing although the embroided jackets looked a little better and less of a blatant ripoff.

19. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

I guess you are pissed off at something or just very hasty to try and get a point across. Read it back.

The UK private sale started on the 1st.

I went into the shop to buy boots. (The sale was on as confirmed by SA),

Couldn't buy them in store as was not on their client list they had sent emails out too.

Online code for Private sale was working fine.

Not sure who told you the private sale only started yesterday... Pity as a lot of the online stuff in decent sizes went fast.

20. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Senior member

With this talk the UK sale - when will the sale start for all? I'm in London this weekend so was hoping it would have started by then for sneakers. Thanks!