• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
yes, the 'Hedi's just copying vintage' is probably one of the laziest of all comments about SLP, I think. If you actually got into the stores and absorbed the scope, ideas and innovation needed to create, let's say, the SS15 collection, you wouldn't be saying that kind of BS. There are more ideas and inspirations in that collection than the last 10 Valentino collections. I've been shopping vintage racks for 25 + years and you cannot compare the two things.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

can't wait for the clearout sale they have on all the permanent items after hedi leaves... gonna pick up a leather, destroyed jeans, and some jodphurs for cheep

But will it still be cool post Hedi?

OakGhost

Reaction score
Stopped by SF to pick up one of the bleach effect raw hem flannels(will post a pic when I get the denim) and tried the new patch knee denim and thought some of you might like to see the new wash. Very light, denim is thicker and killer with suede. picking a pair up next week. Also happy to find that the teddy's are now readily available in 42.

@SirGrotius I think the staple denim,jackets and boots will stay in style. A good pair of jeans and biker jacket may go out of trend but will not go fully out of style in my opinion. I'm sure all the others (acne apc etc) will keep producing them post slp Hedi. That said I hope that where ever Hedi goes that he can keep doing his thing!

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hope you bought those because they look absolutely perfect on you.

Isolar

Reaction score
Anyone know how the SL/01 low top sneakers fit? TTS?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can't wait for the clearout sale they have on all the permanent items after hedi leaves... gonna pick up a leather, destroyed jeans, and some jodphurs for cheep

I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt they'll have any problem selling it at retail.

traCk

Reaction score

I hope you bought those because they look absolutely perfect on you.

bawlin is right lol. i didnt like these jeans when i saw them in person, but you make them look excellent

neonrider

Reaction score
what's up guys, i have a pair of nut suede wyatts i'm letting go, 43, barely worn, almost like new, vibramed. pm me if you want them.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OakGhost - do you mind me asking how tall you are, and what size jeans those are? They look perfect, and you rock the Teddy well. Good to hear that it's available in 42, as when I tried the 44 I felt it was boxy in a bad way. I range around 126 pounds and am 5'6" so felt I was being swallowed.

epryor

Reaction score
I held the bleached flannel the other day. It's certainly a fantastic piece.

I am a bit confused though. Are we seeing two different versions released? Yours looks significantly lighter in the top half than the one I saw in store. Also, the version I saw was not frayed.

Regardless, something I need to snag before it's too late.

neonrider

Reaction score
most of the shirts come in both frayed and not frayed versions. it's kind of random who ordered what.

some advice. the textures and fabrics look very similar on all the shirts this season. but they are totally different (even on the bleached flannels) in reality. some are way heavier, some lighter, some wrinkled, some super wrinkled. it's really hard to tell in pics. in particular the fabric on the hawaiian shirt is crazy good, it's pretty amazing the way it drapes and falls.

the bleaching and distressing is done by hand. so there are huge variations on these pieces (really, huge). the same is true of the ss16 denim, i have two pairs that look almost like different jeans, both the ripping and the color is very different.

so i would strongly recommend trying on this season in person if you can. for example, i wasn't planning on getting the hawaiian shirt but after i tried it, it it's easily the best shirt this season because of the fabric.

i think for me the shirts are easily the standout pieces this season. they're kind of the last thing left that hedi really had to elevate after jeans, jackets, tees.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads