1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Senior member

I don't think it was aggressive really, just very "legal" - clear, and to the point. I didn't read it as some conspiracy on Kering's part at all. It makes sense that he'd be using legal counsel to help smooth out everything with the contract, imo. I can only see them bringing it up as a way to shut down all the rumors before they have a chance to really gain traction. Hedi doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who wants people hounding him over unanswered questions and rumors all the time.

We'll just have to wait to see where he goes before we get another HS label, I guess [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Regg

Regg Senior member

haha well good job, it's solid stuff

I didn't mean your stuff was vague, but the stores. Many just list "slim, skinny" etc without much else. They have 3 or 4 pairs of black jeans and it's like a mystery trying to compare them all. I guess your info can be used to decipher it, at least a little bit. Would it kill them to at least list "D01", "D02"?

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Ah sorry then my bad, I thought you were talking about my guide :) yes all retailers do the worst job possible when they list Saint Laurent denim and, like you said, putting the d01,d02 etc code in the description would make things way easier.

4. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Half of this pre-fall collection has been on the website for ages (babycat jumper, striped jumper, babycat camo jacket, etc.). Seems they're trying to generate new interest in things that didn't sell well at first. I might give the black / ivory striped t a go though as I need t-shirts.

On next season, the mid waist raw hem, the black leather Chelseas, and the Derbies are all definite purchases for me. I might get a belt (not sure which one I like if any at this stage, and I'd like some kind of outerwear, but will have to wait and see what I like when it arrives. I will also give the black / ivory Breton mock neck a try. Other than that I will be getting more permanent collection depending on whether anything I want gets re-released (3 button blazer, black zip hoody, black fine merino crew, Wyatt Chelsea without a massive ankle shaft, and many more items). Also there's usually some non-runway items that I end up liking.

5. therattler

therattler Senior member

yeah man I'm going gold zip ups and maybe a pair of the snakeskin zip ups, waist coat, scarf and maybe the red jacket that didn't have the musical note on it - will have to see. i'm with you on the belts, will see which one jumps out. i need to grab the breton striped sweater from PC, i can't go turtleneck, and a black western shirt. I'm also interested in another coat, maybe the allure.

a friend who went to the showroom was really impressed with the cut of the blazers.

6. Regg

Regg Senior member

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Laurent&N=4294908032+306418194&bmUID=lh.5es8

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...+Laurent&N=4294908032+306418194&bmUID=lh.5esb

It's almost a practical joke

Saint Laurent
    Skinny Stretch-Cotton Jeans

vs

Saint Laurent
    Skinny Stretch Cotton Jeans

and then the description of each calls them slim...I guess you guys are used to this, but I'm just finding it out and it's ridiculous!

7. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior member

Regg check ssense. They usually have good measurements.

1 person likes this.
  8. echau

echau Senior member

Agreed, I love how the black suede is a deeper black than black leather. And although black suede isn't as versatile as tan/brown, I wear them with anything. Some people think the transition from washed blue denim to black suede is too much, but if black denim to tan suede and black denim to white sneakers is okay, I see no issue. In fact, I'm going out tonight, I'm gonna have to try that combo again.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    3 people like this.
  9. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

thanks guys, I have a lot of black leather and tan suede so i'm just thinking about add some black suede since the only black ones I have are all leather

asked my SA for any black suede boots but there are none available in my size as of right now

I'm actually kinda interested in how the cropped Chelsea are.......from some pics they look really cheap but then I've never gotten to have a chance to see them in person

meanwhile i'm not really interested in the new thin sole boots and i'm not sure if they'll still have the wyatt 30 or wyatt 40 chelseas in black suede coming out for fw16

maybe I should look into the black suede high jods but then I'm not a fan of the jodhpurs because I think wyatt 30 chelseas are sleeker and more versatile

btw I got some news for you guys, there will be black leather wyatt harness with black hardware.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  10. dieseltheory

dieseltheory Well-Known Member

RE: cropped chelseas....as with everyone, we all have our way of defining a style and to me, while it's nice to wear SLP all around...i try to stay away from being SLP head to toe, that's just not me....i actually have the cropped chelsea in the dark chocolate brown as well and will definitely be buying snake/lizard skin, suede variations of the "devan" boots from thw FW16 show

never been a fan of the wyatt boots as its just not my style as i've always worn chelsea style boots going back 15 yrs now, mind i'm 35 now...so obviously my opinion is biased, i just think it's a "cleaner" look end day, but that's just me

in terms of quality....i can assure you that they do not look or feel cheap by any means....i know everyone says they look like ASOS boots etc....but TRUST me, up close or even 10-20 meters away you wont think they look cheap

i live in LA so i see a lot of ASOS/Topman chelsea boots and the typical "SLP" look that everyone tries to portray, whether successfully or not, that's in the eye of the wearer hehe and these are anything but "cheap" looking

11. therattler

therattler Senior member

a dude at selfridges london wears the cropped chelsea and looks awesome. he's over 6 feet and super skinny, and as far as i can tell, thats the only way to make them look cool.

12. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

over 6 feet damn

as far as I can tell he can prolly put on some tank top shorts sandals and still look cool

2 people like this.
  13. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

I know specifically for these that the first pair is ss16 d02 and the second pair is fw15 d02. I get 40% there so I buy from them a lot but wouldn't recommend using them otherwise because mixups do tend to happen with the same items from different seasons there.

Like other people are saying, use ssense or mr porter - anywhere that has measurements and free returns.

14. $aam

$aam Well-Known Member

Any difference between the ss16 and ss15 d02s?

15. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

It comes down to what specific pairs because they don't all fit the same but as far as like standard black d02 lw I've stayed the same size.

16. $aam

$aam Well-Known Member

Thanks. I have a pair of SS14 D02 black raws. Should I get the same size or size down one?

17. echau

echau Senior member

Black suede Hedi 30 Chelseas

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. snafu

snafu Active Member

new here been reading up and following just never joined in.. Many knowlegable people on here...I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get baby cat skate sneakers in 43? thanks

19. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I'm hoping to pick up another piece of outerwear from the Palladium show, but I'm not sure which. Maybe the black teddy with gold military-style embroidery. I also like the overcoat with the silver spots, but I'm not sure how I'll wear it casually.

Aside from that, off the top of my head, I want the striped turtleneck, some boots, patent derbies, a silk scarf, and possibly a silk western shirt. I'll probably stock up on black mid-waist jeans as well.

I wish I could pull off those wide-brimmed hats, because they looked great in the show.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  20. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

I think I get what you mean by the transition from washed blue to black now
    I personally don't see a problem with it and it's definitely something that not a lotta people would do/like

btw I think I'm just gonna pass on the black suede boots after thinking. Been thinking about what I really want, I'm still waiting for them to restock the wyatt 40 Chelsea in tan suede in my size
    and I think I want to grab the cropped jods in black leather and tan suede too. I will probably post my whole collection after I copped all those 3 boots

I'll just wait and if I have the $$ in the future and the black suede boots are still available in the styles I want I'll get them then... :p
    just wanna cop all my grails before thinking about the things that I might not need

I think it's more about how do you wear those hat on a casual occasion

but i agree that they look really nice, just can't see anyone walking on the street with those unless you're harry styles lol

Last edited: May 6, 2016