1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@echau ya, I've seen some that are crazy yellow and some that are less..only a few that looked close to that top pic.

@onlyslp ya, I like light as well but didn't see any washes I was crazy about...sounds like you got a good pair

2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

On belts, I also agree that a black leather belt is fine with suede boots in colours ranging right from beige, cigare, ocher and even right up to the dark chocolate brown, especially with black jeans. The whole matching rule is one that I don't agree with at all, and in fact, I think a belt in the same colour as the shoes would chop the body in half and just look odd. That goes for textures too (it's rare that Hedi matches shoes with different textures, for example suede or python, with belts in the same leather, even though sometimes there will be belts of that texture elsewhere in the show (see AW 15 and SS 15 for example). This mis-matching and rule breaking is really something Hedi does extremely well.

Some examples:

Black belt ocher shoes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black calf leather belt chocolate suede boots:

[​IMG]

Black calf leather belt black suede shoes:

[​IMG]

Then of course there was the SS 15 ones that were generally mis-matched, although I preferred the darker brown belts with the black boots personally like below, as the lighter ones looked a little disjointed to me:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

That fit! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Well written man, I agree with you. But i do also love the crazy combos between belts and shoes offered during ss14, like this one, awesome in my opinion:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yes Slann I agree that those almost trashy looking combinations from SS 14 were amazing. SS 14 is actually my favourite collection from him (AW 15 is most my tastes and what I wear though). Speaking of belts and SS 14, I have the western belt, but I rarely wear it as I tend to opt for the three passant, original geometric, or saint germain, and I'm not really sure how to fit it into my style - maybe with some raw hem and pointy boots from next season. One thing I'd say is that I really wish they didn't put the tip from the women's show on it when it went into production as I prefer the way it looks without the tip in the menswear show.

6. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I feel you but I actually like the tip as it differentiate even more the ss14 belt from the rest of the other collections. Which is the original geometric? I'm still on the hunt for one of the ss14 with triangle buckle, never found one in my size :'(

7. echau

echau Senior member

Thanks @OakGhost, @onlyslp, and @cloonz for your thoughts. I'm thinking about trying a pair out because the shade is different than the other blue denim I have from SLP and my other pairs are 100% cotton and these have 2% elastane. Just something different I guess. Will report back if I do pick up a pair!

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I mean this shape one:

[​IMG]

The triangle buckle SS 14 one is amazing - retail was like £790 though so I didn't get one. I'd remake it with a plain strap and 2 cm width if I could and it would look amazing. I also really liked the plainer western shaped buckle used on the double strap belts. Definitely more me than the western belt I have:

[​IMG]

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

Awesome thanks dudes. I'll start rocking my belts with suede. To complicate things further, what about black leather belt, brown suede boots and blue jeans?

Kieran, do you have any extra of the original belt from aw13?

10. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Nice. I've been eyeing this one for the past few days. What I like most is that it's not distressed so I can wear it 5 years from now.

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Picked up the lips jacquard shirt. :satisfied: Anyway, last call to proxy the coats.

12. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Unfortunately I don't have any back ups of the old belt. The one I have was released for both SS13 and AW13, and is slightly different to the one in the photo I posted in that it is a high shine silver like the classic 3 passant, rather than the aged metal in the photo (that one never went into production).

Therattler, I think that complicates it a little but I don't see any reason why not, especially if you're wearing black on top. If it doesn't look right then I'd prefer to go beltless rather than wear a matching brown suede belt though.

13. therattler

therattler Senior member

damn re: the belt. I'm happy with my saint germain one, but prefer the look of the original like you posted. hoping one shows up for resale one day.

i'm also weird about wearing black with light wash blue jeans. i never wear black boots with them. oak does and looks awesome so i don't know what my problem is. in the summer i like to wear a pair of ss15 light wash (no rips) denim, with suede boots and a white shirt to work. i agree with you that a suede belt would be stupid overkill. but i still tend not to put on a belt and untuck the shirt. what do you think? probably with a blazer the back belt would be fine.

14. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

@therattler

I'm the same way, I never wear blue jeans with black shoes or even black jackets and forgo a belt

1 person likes this.
  15. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

anyone familiar with current d10 sizing? Am I fine going with my size 30 fw2014 d02 size, or should I size down to a 29?

16. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I don't mind black shoes with blue jeans at all. I love the bleached SS14 jeans with black boots. I also think the light jeans on the AW 13 runway look decent with the black boots. These days though I only wear black or dark indigo raws. Wish I had the bleached from SS 14, but the sizing was weird (couldn't get my foot through the 28s, and the 29s had huge baggy knees).

17. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I think you should be good with same size of fw14 D02. Keep in mind though that the d10 have higher rise so they will probably be a bit large since they hit over the waist, unless you wear them with something tucked in.

18. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

yh personally i'm not into the black boots light blue jeans especially, dark indigo raw is passable at best

19. slann01

slann01 Senior member

2 people like this.
  20. scanner

scanner Senior member

FWIW regarding black suede boots, I saw Hedi the other day and he was wearing low suede boots in black - Couldn't really tell if they were cropped jodhpurs or the FW16 side zips, the profile was really low - along with a pair of black jeans and a light blue Lee denim jacket. Looked pretty bad ass.