• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sargeinaz

Reaction score

I am considering purchasing the L01 leather jacket but am unsure what size to get. I had the opportunity to visit the King of Prussia store, and I tried on a size 46 that I thought seemed to fit pretty well. . Unfortunately, the only other size that was available in store was 50. Further complicating matters is that I cannot find size 44 available anywhere online, but 46+ is available at multiple stores. Otherwise, I own a sweater and blazer from SLP in size 44 that both fit pretty well in addition to D01 jeans in size 28. In other brands, I wear a mix of 44 and 46 and I am about 5' 6" and 125-130 lbs. Overall, while it seems that the 46 would likely be fine, I am left wondering if the unavailable 44 could possibly be slightly better, especially with respect to arm length.

I'm 5'7.5" tall and wear a 38 in Blazers. I weigh 140-145 and the L01 in the size 46 fits me best. 48 is doable, but the sleeves are too long so it's a no go. I doubt I can fit into the 44. You seem slightly smaller than me, so you may need the 44. I wouldn't buy the 46 until you can try on a 44. Spending that kind of money, it needs to fit. Plus from what I understand the leather stretches a little as you break it in.

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score
I've never tried thrift/vintage stuff bc I find it hard to believe stuff is going to fit me as well as SL off the rack being a 44 top 28 jeans

creepinatshirt

Reaction score
Vintage is the way to go for tops and jackets. But its way way way too hard(at least for myself) to find any bottoms that will actually fit me at thrift stores.

If anything, id suggest learning how to sew. Thats what i personally do, just thrift shirts and jackets and take up arm holes, hem shirts, etc. best way to do it imo, plus its insanely rewarding.

Also you can save $$$ by doing that and then you can spend the money you save on a pair of SL boots or a big ticket item like a leather or maybe a blazer/smoking jacket.

Thats what id suggest. Good luck man!

newera90

Reaction score
What is the smallest size teddy jacket come ? 44 or 42? Im around 5'6, 116lb, which size should i get?

SaintLaurent

Reaction score

What is the smallest size teddy jacket come ? 44 or 42? Im around 5'6, 116lb, which size should i get?
I'm pretty sure they do have 42s which would probably be better for you as I hear they run large, I don't own a teddy though so can't say for certain. If you can't find a 42 you could just get one from the women's collection.

newera90

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they do have 42s which would probably be better for you as I hear they run large, I don't own a teddy though so can't say for certain. If you can't find a 42 you could just get one from the women's collection.
Thx for your help! hvn't really seen a size 42...what size in women's collection is equivalent to a men 42?

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something a tailor can fix? They fit me good in the waist, any smaller and i wouldn't be able to button them up. 

The thigh seems too loose. Not sure if you want to pay to fix all that. Waist generally stretches. Maybe try a size down

Miyavikira

Reaction score
Do you guys maintain or do anything to your leather belts after wearing for a while? I have a habit of wearing my belt quite tight and it usually would leave a line mark after each wear from the buckle... Do you guys put any products to moisturize the leather or anything? or just leave it how it is?

SpencerA

Reaction score
I am considering purchasing the L01 leather jacket but am unsure what size to get. I had the opportunity to visit the King of Prussia store, and I tried on a size 46 that I thought seemed to fit pretty well. . Unfortunately, the only other size that was available in store was 50. Further complicating matters is that I cannot find size 44 available anywhere online, but 46+ is available at multiple stores. Otherwise, I own a sweater and blazer from SLP in size 44 that both fit pretty well in addition to D01 jeans in size 28. In other brands, I wear a mix of 44 and 46 and I am about 5' 6" and 125-130 lbs. Overall, while it seems that the 46 would likely be fine, I am left wondering if the unavailable 44 could possibly be slightly better, especially with respect to arm length.

I've got the fringed biker jacket from ss15, in a size 44 and I am 5' 8" 135. I'm not sure how the sizing compares to the L01 but I imagine it's similar, and the arm length hits right on the end of my wrist.

linstar

Reaction score
Debating between the chain wyatts in black leather or suede brown wyatts. Those who own, which would you recommend and why?

itsernist

Reaction score
Debating between the chain wyatts in black leather or suede brown wyatts. Those who own, which would you recommend and why?

I tend to wear the black leather a bit more because it can better handle a night out. Just a quick wipe down and its clean. The suede looks great with a bit of grim, but too much would look unpresentable. I'd recommend the black leather for a day to day beater.

chipskylurk

Reaction score
What SA did you have? They've always been really good with finding/ordering stuff for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads