• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BarcodeLink

Reaction score

On shortening belts, maybe contact your local Saint Laurent store and find out who they use for shoe and bag repairs, and then try them. If in London, Classic Shoe Repairs do work for the Bond Street store and I've had nothing but good results from them.

Thanks kieran84! I will give them a call and see what they have. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I contacted slp about the stud on my harness that fell off and was told to contact local boutique. I'm assuming they'll refer me to a local cobbler. Anyone else got experience on this?

nicksh

Reaction score

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wanted to get all your guy's opinions and thoughts on this. So I really love the Saint Laurent look, but I am definitely not skinny. Do you guys think it's still acceptable to go for the SLP aesthetic, like skinny jeans, fitted jackets and boots etc?

it can definitely work, it's all about proportions. I'd suggest checking out the 17.5/19cm denim, ranger boots, etc. as these will (generally) look more proportional on a larger build than the super skinny denim, slim boots, etc. and will still give you the SL/rocker look.

it's tough to give a definitive answer. best advice I can give would be to try all the different options SL has to offer and see what you think works best for your body type :)

jok52

Reaction score

Anyone know which season this is from? Cotton bomber with rubber? coating on arms
I think it was SS15, not sure though

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a day. I'm in love with SLP.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the blake 30 high jodhpur?

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nightriders :fistbump:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love them!  I must have!

How is the color compared to nut? Looking to pick up a pair but not sure if I want this color or the older lighter tan version. Hopefully the valley fair store has these in stock. Will go take a look

cloonz

Reaction score

New cigar next to nut from earlier this year. I don't have any tan pairs yet to compare.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New cigar next to nut from earlier this year. I don't have any tan pairs yet to compare.

The new season seems darker than yours. Might have to go take a look at the ss16's

DocJimbo

Reaction score

it can definitely work, it's all about proportions. I'd suggest checking out the 17.5/19cm denim, ranger boots, etc. as these will (generally) look more proportional on a larger build than the super skinny denim, slim boots, etc. and will still give you the SL/rocker look.

it's tough to give a definitive answer. best advice I can give would be to try all the different options SL has to offer and see what you think works best for your body type :)

I'm not exactly skinny but wear plenty off SLP. The sales associates have been really helpful for me both in suggesting directions and pushing me a bit beyond my comfort zone to get a look. The bigger sweater or shirt on top seems to balance the narrow jeans. The overall silhouette is slimming and my SLP jeans are the only ones I ever get compliments on.

One of things that pushes up the price of SLP is how each piece is cut for size and fabric. The less stretchy denim tends to be cut with more ease and works better on me. My thighs always end up dictating what I can wear. You've got to try across sizes, fabric and cuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads