1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. thorns

thorns Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was difficult for me to stick my phone to get a really good picture of the insole but I couldn't feel the stitches when I put my hands in there for 3 different pairs. Perhaps there is inconsistency with production of their boots. It seems obvious that your pair is Blake-stitched.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

these are the ones from fw 13 right?

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

My gateway drug into SLP

4. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

[​IMG]

these are mine from fw15

i guess they didn't do it for the ones that actually looks nicest lol

5. scanner

scanner Senior member

No Boots are perfect. I remember buying a pair of 'Indestructible' A1923 boots that would supposedly last a lifetime only to find the soles detaching and ungluing after a mere 5 months of wear.

I've owned RO boots and shoes that came apart, I've owned SLP shoes that came apart and have others that are still solid after a year or two of wear.

My experience with SLP is that for the most part, they are some of the better constructed Fashion boots as long as they are Made in Italy. The Made in Spain stuff always fell apart for me. The original Wyatts from FW13 had better construction overall with the Nails (I haven't seen the Blake Stitch and Nails in boots since FW13) but I haven't had a problem with anything after that either, and I've got some FW15 Wyatts that are holding up just fine.

The reality is that, at the end of the day, If you are dropping $1k on shoes or boots, Be prepared for them to expire or wear them out on special occasions. Personally, I have had great luck with SLP replacing and fixing shoes that have fallen apart after even a year of wear so if you are cautious about your boots falling apart, be sure to purchase them from an actual SLP location or authorized dealer. Even if you pay full retail, consider that an insurance.

2 people like this.
  6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Well said. I got my Wyatts from authorized dealer and been told if there any issues they will take care of it by sending it to SLP.

7. anonimar

anonimar Member

The welt on the exterior shelf is 100% fake, gives a nice look in my opinion (especially on the suede pairs).

Really strange that the blake stitching isn't visible on FW13, `15 and `16 they are. I found a review with jodhpurs on reddit where they are visible as well.

I wonder if they put the insole over the stitching? (as opposed to the typical method of stitching through the insole)

8. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

my 85cm chelseas are the only sl boots i have where i can't feel the stitching inside the shoe

9. echau

echau Senior member

10. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

So you have to wait 5 months for a pair of shoes which may not fit, and which you cannot return, and have to be specifically made in a custom makeup, for the exact same price (ordering from EU with VAT deducted) as the SLP jodhpurs. I personally cannot see the point, especially because the colour of the suede isn't that great

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Lady Gaga celebrated her B'day in LA yesterday, Hedi was tehre

12. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. needhelp123

He looks like Loki from Avengers

What is Hedi's height? Cause Gaga is 1.55m :eek:

14. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

This is what bothers me. In some boots like the cropped jodhpurs, goodyear welt is not an option if you want to keep the look, and blake stitch is the only option. But in wyatts, regular jodhpurs, etc. goodyear welt is perfectly possible, and not only that, they put a fake one on it because it looks good.

Quote:
    Wait times and the risk that something doesn't fit will always be there (unless you already have a pair of shoes in the same last) in case of MTO. I haven't got into any MTO for shoes but when I've done it for other stuff (Falcon/TOJ, Luxire) it has worked for me, it's no rocket science and if you follow the advice it shouldn't be an issue. Lead times are not an issue for me either.

What you get in exchange is a pair of boots that is miles ahead of SLP in terms of construction, so I get the point but I can see that some others might not if they only care about style (perfectly legit).

Also, there's many other shades of suede: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0...b2-8e7d-4a7f-8dfd-43b3d247f109_large.jpg?3759

15. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I'm curious...are the blue raws discontinued indefinitely or only available in store?

16. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

if you're asking about d02 then they are discontinued

they were only available for f/w 13 I believe

1 person likes this.
  17. needhelp123

Which is a shame cause they had the 2% stretch unlike my DH's. Dye looked good though admittedly not as deep as the DH's

18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Indigo raw D02 were only stocked for SS and AW 13, two different style IDs but pretty similar. I'd imagine they're still in the line list but just not stocked anywhere. I have both but prefer the AW ones as they are lower waisted and a little skinnier. I'm surprised at the lack of popularity with them as the indigo was always more popular with DH and APC. I was able to buy two more pairs of the AW 13 ones during SS 15 as the stores still had stock surprisingly. I actually prefer them slightly to the black, although I have some clothes that I prefer to wear with black jeans (black knits for example).

On shoe construction, I couldn't care less. I've had a load of Goodyear welted shoes over the years and they didn't last any better than those that were Blake constructed or even just cemented. I even have some crappy glued Chelseas that I used to wear for day to day use and they still have life in them, whereas some of my Jil Sander Church produced Goodyear welted boots and shoes have long had to be thrown out. I really only care about looks, and that they don't fall apart after a few wears. I know some people have had issues with Saint Laurent shoes falling apart, but all of mine have held up to wear amazingly well, and I'm not careful at all other than getting half soles added (wear them to gigs, raves, festivals, and in all weather).

19. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Thanks, all. Was curious in the slim cut (D01) but since I'm here, can someone confirm the seasons for them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think they're FW13 & SS14, respectively?

I think DH offers stretch raws now:
    [​IMG]

20. overdoz

overdoz Member

dam I have the combat boots that are made in Spain I wear them to work they feel like they can go through a beating but now Im scared they going to fall apart on me.