1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

All depends on what you ask the cobbler to do.

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

hm true, i think they do sand it down a little actually, forgot about that

3. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Yes all cobblers will sand the sole of the shoe before sticking a half sole on so the glue has something to grip too. A lot of cobblers will tell you just to wear them a few times to break them in and remove the top layer anyway.

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. chipskylurk

chipskylurk Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with adding insoles to SLP boots? I would love it if my jodhpurs fit a half size smaller.

6. needhelp123

thinking of selling my fw13 black low studded sl/01s not sure yet 8/10 cond just not wearing them as much shoulda just stuck with plains

7. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

yea i use insoles in my jodhs.... but whats the big deal to ask in the forum? just buy an insole put it in and try it on, if you don't like the fit just take it off. simple as that.

2 people like this.
  8. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I noticed the leather on my current pair of white lows is beginning to crack whereas the pair I've owned since the first season doesn't have any. I don't know if it's a defective pair I have, but thought I'd share anyway.

9. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Remember people were talking about Acne jeans a few pages back so figured I'd share my experience. I was in the Acne Archive outlet store today and tried some Ace "eighties black" washed jeans. Ended up going two sizes down from my D02 size, because they didn't have the next size down. These were 95% cotton, 4% elastane and 1% polyester. They're still not quite as tight through the leg as my D02s, especially my FW15 midwaist raws, but they're still pretty tight. Nice denim too, and made in Italy. I'd still go for the SLP, given the choice, but these aren't a bad option either.

I got them primarily because I couldn't find the gray washed D02s, and I got a really great deal on them.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  10. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

does anyone know where i can get this FW15 tie at? or if anyone has for sale?

[​IMG]

11. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

also finally copped my grail piece.

black suede wyatts

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  12. therattler

therattler Senior member

there is no grail piece. only pieces and refocused desire.

suedes look great though.

13. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

my (/mī/)
    determiner
    1. belonging to or associated with the speaker.

grail (/ɡrāl/)
    noun
    2. a thing that is being earnestly pursued or sought after.

1 person likes this.
  14. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

My acne aces just don't fit me right compared to d02s, I think they are too loose in the thigh and then taper too much compared to sl.

I've been doing only black for a while but just took the plunge on 3 blue washes and 1 pair of white denim from this season.

15. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

LOL ty 4 duh English lessen fren

lern lots

16. Gabujabu

Gabujabu Well-Known Member

I thought this might be relevant to people in the US. Obama recently signed a law that increased the amount that people can import in a given day without paying a customs fee from $200 to $800 as of 3/10/16. What is funny is that the $200 limit had not changed since the Tariff Act of 1930. The United States prices for many Saint Laurent items are 30% greater than they are in Europe because the price difference is based upon the 2013 dollar:euro conversion rate. I think this is the reason why Matchesfashion lowered the prices of many of its goods for US customers.

17. Vuhoo

Vuhoo Member

[​IMG]
    What slp jeans are these?

18. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Heh. Literally nobody ever made torn/ripped jeans look anything more than--if we're being charitable--"hobo chic."

19. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

I can see that. I think I may have gotten lucky with these. I don't have a ton of experience with Acne otherwise, but this pair fits me better than any other Acne pair I've tried. Maybe because I sized down considerably. I'll be sticking with SL regardless, but it's nice to have some washed gray denim in the rotation.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  20. needhelp123

i tried to play football/soccer in my d02s, was not comfortable

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016