1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. b19pen15

b19pen15 Senior member

That's interesting to hear.

From my experience I've always felt like care labels are overly cautious to protect the brand from any responsibility if a garment shrinks/bleeds/ect. I mean, when it says dry clean only on a blank 100% cotton t-shirts, you know it's getting a little out of hand. I've also never dry cleaned denim (and would never), for the reasons mentioned above.

1 person likes this.
  2. Petitfroid

Petitfroid Active Member

I'd like your guy's opinions if you don't mind. The Jungle print teddy is obviously in with this whole Sukajan trend but I'm a pretty classic guy. I have an L01 and a couple of the wool Teddy's and I'm usually all about the "buy what you like, wear it" mantra but I'm wondering if this really is a piece to be invested in and worn for some years. It seems pretty delicate between the viscose/silk and the light colored sleeves? I'm careful but I feel those sleeve are an accident waiting to happen. Am I overthinking it? Anyone handled it in real life?

Side note should any of you actually be on the hunt for it according to the Vegas store a 52 and 54 are available (I know that's bigger than most are probably looking for, but just in case I figured I'd throw it out there.)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  3. GeneralNegative

GeneralNegative Active Member

Yeah, that's a good point, I could see that as a possibility. If you've machined washed/hand washed your stuff and it still turns out fine, then I guess there's your proof that it works just as well. Like you said though, you just risk shrinking/bleeding/etc. so that's the trade-off.

4. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

let's be honest ss is always more 'experimental' i don't think it'll still be cool 2 years later, maybe ss15 is an exception

half the ss16 stuff if it didn't have the tag and it was shown to us like 2 years ago no one would think it is cool.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. therattler

therattler Senior member

sure SS tends to be more fun, but I disagree that none of would've thought it was cool. and in any event you can't undo the influence the collection has had or will continue to have. so yeah, the souvenir jacket is trending right now, but in a few years time, you'll have a sick throwback slp jacket--or if you don't dig it anymore, sell it.

1 person likes this.
  6. Eyealt

Eyealt Member

-

7. Eyealt

Eyealt Member

Nope, still have them! PM me if you'd like.

8. newera90

newera90 Well-Known Member

pmed

9. calbear95

calbear95 Member

Are people still interested in the SL Moon Jacket? Have a size 48 that I haven't worn, tags attached. It's been chilling in my LA house while I've been up in NorCal. Deciding if I should keep it or sell it since I wanna get my hands on a souvenir jacket instead.

10. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@shibafku my barber accidentally spilled some of a raw juice shot on my destroyed. I spot clean which worked well but dropped them at an "all green" dry cleaner and wore em yesterday...flawless. No color change etc and the waist feels a bit tighter again. Dropped my older patch knee off yesterday.

@cyc wid it dude I didn't know you got the suede Hedi's too, so dope. You use Jason mark?

11. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I use Tarrago suede nano protector.

12. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Tarrago and Jason Markk doesn't seem to have much difference as far as their leather protectors go.

I'm using JM's solution for cleaning my CP sneakers on occasion, however. Works well.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

[​IMG]

Well worn wyatts

1 person likes this.
  14. scanner

scanner Senior member

Shawn, stop pretending like you have insider scoop just because your girlfriend works at the boston Barneys, you are just further confusing people.

15. Spaceman333

Spaceman333 Member

who cares where the info comes from? why do you have to be such a cock about it?

16. dieseltheory

dieseltheory Well-Known Member

hey guys, have a brand new pair of "sigaro" cropped Jodhpur's size 41 available if anyone interested? also have Black trash denim size 28 which i put in the buy/sell area

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Probably because it's not necessarily correct or comprehensive.

18. jdemotion

jdemotion Well-Known Member

?? My girlfriend is a pharmacist...

Why would I make up that the aged L01 is going to be offered for men? I tried it on in the showroom, I saw multiple stores placing orders for it. I was only trying to help inform people of the upcoming season.

19. scanner

scanner Senior member

I don't know, but I can assure you there is no AgedL01 being released for mens unless it is being offered for FW16 (it's not). The aged tint is womens only (it might fit mens, or stores may be placing orders to sell to men as they do with the sunglasses).

Lastly, there are many instances of you stating things as fact when you are just assuming and guesstimating. I'm not trying to stir up shit, because its all in good fun to get the rumor mill going, but stop acting like you have insider information. At this point all you have to do is stop by the boutique and look at the Buy Book. You will even see the amount of numbers each piece is produced in. If there were an Aged L01 being released we would have known about it months ago.

20. jdemotion

jdemotion Well-Known Member

@scanner I'm not spreading rumors about anything? Feel free to not believe me, but the aged L01 will be around for AW16, not really sure what else to say.

All I've stated is that I saw the pieces in the Paris showroom that were offered to buyers for AW16. I don't want to clog up the thread with this stuff, if it would help you feel better I can PM you my flight info and correspondence with the men's wholesale manager.