1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. anonimar

anonimar Member

I still have my pair. I haven't altered mine at all, seems like such a bitch to do. People have altered knee-down to be a smaller opening successfully though (I'm pretty sure OakGhost did?)

IMO only buy them if you won't need to do much alteration (be tall) otherwise you'll have problems with knee placement too.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  2. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Had to sign up to the forum just to say that L17 looks so good there and fits you really well. Don't know how you walked away away without it if you had the cash to cop it.

3. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@OakGhost I can understand if you want to switch it up with the L01 when you already have the JE, but I gotta say that L17 looks seriously good on you. I just bought the SS16 one too, and it is just perfect. The leather is amazing and it fits really well. I was debating between the 01 and 17 as well, but I'm glad I went for the 17 (granted I don't have any other biker jackets).

Of course, if you're on this forum you'll probably end up getting both eventually anyway.

4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Ahh, that is sad news indeed. I do not expect the quality to hold up if that transition is made; I suppose we'll see. I wonder if Hedi will go to another house, lay low for a while, etc.

Kieran based on your fits and styles, I truly see you as a Prorsum/SLP guy in the pure. The only other things that come to mind is Jil and DH, but neither is quite to your aesthetic. if you're ever in the states the DH boutique in SoHo is edgier than all the others and closer to the original (Hedi) vision. the others are dressier and minimalist through and through.

1 person likes this.
  5. therattler

therattler Senior member

I've been told that rumour as well.

6. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

what was all the other stuff everyone was saying then?

is all this from the same shop boy who does the sandwich runs?

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

SirGrotius, I imagine you're right that quality would decline, as I'd imagine Vaccarello wouldn't have the leverage to be able to keep the corporate side from squeezing out all the profits they can at the expense of fit and quality. I still hope it won't come to that though, and no matter what we still have another season to come.

Funny you should mention Jil Sander as I was a fan of Raf Simons' first few years there. He was also producing my favourite work from his own label at the time (I'd say AW 2007 was my favourite season for both the Jil Sander and Raf Simons labels).

I do still think that it's possible to dress very well from DH, but maybe the styling and futuristic feel puts me off. I like the idea of the made to measure service though, and this is probably the route I'm going to go down when I get around to picking up some suits.

Christopher Bailey is definitely my second favourite designer behind Slimane, because I really like his close fitting, very English looking, tailoring. He's not close to being on Slimane's level, but does make some very flattering, easy to wear jackets and outerwear that fit very well into the kind of British indie look that I like. Some of the shoes are nice too (I had the brown washed leather boots from SS 2010 and wore them to death, also had a pair of very sleek thin soled Chelseas from SS 2013 which were made in amazingly soft black leather).

8. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

lol those John Elliot's look so much tighter than the patch knee

both look nice though

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

1.6k for the biker? wow is it indian leather?

10. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

I just hope Hedi goes back to Dior. it was so dominating when he was there.

11. Nimzerz

Nimzerz Well-Known Member

...the denim is both slp. The jacket is JE

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

it isn't happening, there is no way, i'm pretty sure corporate love Kris.

13. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

LOL ooops didn't really read the post only looked at pictures

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@mwn11 @Isolar damn guys I really appreciate your feedback! In fairness to the 01 it fit me just as well if not a tad better so it will really come to design ultimately. I could have bout it but since I have a really nice fitting jacket I was in no rush. I think I am going to grab the black and white teddy next then proxy an 01/17. Thanks again! And @mwn11 I'm glad my pic got ya posting!

@onlyslp ya they are both slp with the hem brought down a bit. The newer ones (1st pic) came with a better cut but even after tailoring are a bit looser around the ankle than the old patch knee. Both are very nice in person and the older don't look quite as tight as than pic makes me look.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  15. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@OakGhost no problem. It's definitely a tough choice. I'm curious about the fit of the L01, because it looks boxier in pictures but according to the measurements I've seen, it's actually smaller (especially in the shoulders and chest). Are you comparing the same size in both, and is that your true size or are you sizing up/down?

16. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Will be listing my brand new SS16 Wyatts in tobacco suede in size 41 with fresh topy for a great price. It pains me to do this but I have to.

Will post in B&S tonight.

17. mwn11

mwn11 Senior member

Would love to see a fit pic on the L01 to compare. I prefer the styling of the L17 personally but as said you could dress up the L01.

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hmmm after some deliberation, I think I'll pick up/alter a few pairs of jeans just for my SLP boots. Shorter inseam, maybe slightly more tapered. Still undecided what brand I'll go with. /RFT

19. BlackChiney8

BlackChiney8 Well-Known Member

Posted this on Niketalk a few weeks back but scored these at a Canadian equivalent of Marshalls/TJ Maxx. The Kooples Rider jacket (which in my opinion is very similar looking to a Saint Laurent biker) and SL17 Zipper Detail Optic White High Tops. I paid $299.99 Canadian for each item which is equivalent to $221.00 each. $442 in total for everything. One of the best come ups I've encountered...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So that's why you see all the "Kooples SIMILAR TO SAINT LAURENT" listings everywhere.