1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

dont wash any of your clothes! it'll fall apart quicker!

when you wear the clothes just walk really really slowly so you don't risk perspiring in them

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    2 people like this.
  2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I dry clean my washed denim and just make a point of it being a special garment, although my cleaners know I'm a fussy client so it's not a problem. i don't wash my raw denim except maybe once a year (I have a broad rotation, so it's not as though I'm perspiring in them). When I do, I go the Woolite dark in lukewarm bath water trick, although at age 36 I'm a lot less motivated to go through this trouble than I was years ago!

1 person likes this.
  3. niyengar

niyengar Well-Known Member

Just got my SS16 Wyatts in Nut Suede today. These are my first Wyatts so I don't know anything about how the shaft of these compares to past pairs, but I figured I'd share a pic for anyone who might be interested. I was worried they'd be too similar to my Segaro Hedi Chelseas, but the differences in texture make these completely different for me.

[​IMG]

Also, here's a family shot with my chelseas and some Story et Fall side zips.

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  4. onlyslp

onlyslp Well-Known Member

Because in order for me to get my slp to fit like that I always have to take a size where the waistband is too small and needs to be stretched out to fit?

I mean, I'm not saying it as in everyone needs to do what I do word of wisdom kinda thing but why does every comment that I make have to be criticized like I'm telling everyone to do it?

I'm not mad and I'm probably dumb. But I just don't get it

@echau nice dude those jeans look really nice with the black suede. are they grey or blue?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. niyengar

niyengar Well-Known Member

@echau awesome combos! I love those Hedi Chelseas

6. filcol

filcol Well-Known Member

Really want a L01/L17 right now but can't pull the trigger. It's just a lot of money for a piece of clothing, thinking of getting the Acne Gibson instead. But it doesn't feel like a real alternative

7. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

there ARE no alternatives, SLP biker is the best in the world, just drop the cash knowing that if you have the dough ready don't hesitate.

the only time anyone should get alternative is to wear while saving for the grail of all grails.

8. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this. Having owned an L01, L17 and a few other of the classic riders and twists, I think what I love most about SLP is that I've learned to appreciate many of the original classics like Schott and especially the more recent Japanese repro brands.
    Sure, SLP is grail worthy, but it's no different from what Raf did when he tweaked Fostex and military grade jackets and added some patches on top.

My L01 didn't last as long as I hoped it would. It's a delicate item. Most of my SLP items have gone to repair, even their $375 T-Shirts have holes in them after about 5 wears in under a year. Not something I was thrilled about, but the point is that Hedi is just re-creating a foundation of which most other brands are following. He simply took a luxury brand and gave it the youthful attitude high fashion needed. Even Rick Owens is cutting his jackets and t-shirts closer to the hip. I used to think Full SLP was the way to go, but there are so many other great brands and finds available now everywhere that it's a bit obnoxious to say that there are no other alternatives, considering SLP is comprised of reproductions and inspirations in general.

Lastly, My personal and very skewed viewpoint experience is that most of the sick biker jackets that i see out in the wild I assume are Hedi and end up being just simple Schott jackets maybe tweaked and tailored. Hedi makes a great jacket, but it would be a naive and juvenile to think that his design is the best in the world. And i think this is also a big problem with fashion. Why can't we just enjoy the plethora of options available to us?

5 people like this.
  9. edwardh123

edwardh123 Well-Known Member

which brands? I really like blackmeans so am on the look out for others

10. echau

echau Well-Known Member

@onlyslp, they are washed black.

On the jacket debate, I find that if you really want something, you'll buy it eventually, even if you buy an alternative in the meantime. Why not just get what you really want to begin with?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    2 people like this.
  11. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Well-Known Member

Don't get an Acne jacket if what you want is a SLP. Especially since an Acne jacket is a quite expensive alernative already. Also Fok said once that he had to return an Acne jacket once because the leather was so bad, and I think it was a Gibson.

Whenever I've tried to get a cheaper alternative of something I really liked, I've ended up spending more money as I bought the alternative and ended up buying the real deal.

It depends on how badly you want something, though. For example I kinda like suede jodhpurs but I don't really want a pair at all cost and I'm not sure if I'd pull them off, so I'll probably get some SeF even though the design on SLP is better. If that were the case with jackets you have Falcon or the upcoming SF x Luxire collab. They're like 50% cheaper than Acne and very probably higher quality. And MTM, if you need it, you could even get the measurements of a SLP.

2 people like this.
  12. OakGhost

OakGhost Well-Known Member

@filcol I highly recommend looking into the John Elliott riders jacket. I have worn back to back with a size 44 01 and the fit is exactly the same. Leather is incredible, RIRi hardware and looks incredible layered, zipped or worn open. People people stop me all time asking about it and a client asked to try it on last week hahah.I'm still getting an 01 but am very glad I have it in my collection

@scanner when you have a sec can you elaborate a bit about the 01 not lasting long? Just curious before I buy .

13. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

i have had my L01 for 2 years now, it seems to still be almost the same way as it was 2 years back except for all the general leather stuff like stretch and leather creasing marks. The shine of the L01 is still there. All these things maybe because I haven't worn it as much unlike @scanner and I also take pretty good care of it. FYI: I am 5'8" I wear the size 44.

14. slann01

slann01 Well-Known Member

Always wanted to try the John Elliott one as it looks really sturdy and well fitting, but in Europe I think no stores stock it :(

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

Highly recommended the John Elliott rider myself. It's great quality and great fit. The summer version just came out and they have this out in the fall.
    [​IMG]

16. echau

echau Well-Known Member

Jodhpurs today:

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. shibafku

shibafku Active Member

+1 for falcon garments

also, selling a sz 31 d02, very good condition, lmk if you're interested!

18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

What kind of jeans are those? Looking for a nice light bleached wash. My 2014 pair is just about done

19. Prudy

Prudy Well-Known Member

Some observations on the leathers, others may disagree...IMO the standard SLP L01 is often a bit flimsy for the price tag, though I understand the quality this season is better. My favorite leathers they've put out the past few years have been the seasonal offerings, usually in calf leather. Overall I think it's the nature of the material, though - calf is generally going to wear tougher/better over time and probably look better (lamb looks good off the rack but doesn't usually wear as well over time).

If you're after a beater/everyday leather I would also suggest the vintage or schott, etc. route or find a SLP calf leather second hand. Also, SLP cuts aren't for everybody (cropped) and it's more important to get the fit right in the long run. In my case, the L01 has never fit me all that well, I usually have to size down to get the right fit the the shoulders/arms and then the jacket ends up being way too short for me in the body (I'm 6'). The seasonal calf leathers tend to be cropped as well but are proportional and fit TTS so they look good.

Just my .02 cents. Also, this thread has way too much suede and not enough animal print.