1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

My main issue is the length. I don't mind it oversized otherwise

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by slann01 [​IMG]

Hi guys, I'm selling my second pairs of all my saint laurent tees - Put them all in one pic. Grey one is fluid silk version. All in size S except for mr X one which is a extra small but fits like small. All new except the red striped linen one from fw13 and the grey striped one from fw13. Hit me up if you want any of them :)
    [​IMG]
    Looks cool

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Here's fit 1 in the same size as I can fit smallest in d02 Don't think I can do fit 0 but then again I do have big thighs!! Just posting for reference tho [​IMG] [​IMG] SLP Same size [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Send me a private message man!

5. mcking

mcking Senior member

Page 666 - The devil is making all this talk about Rag & Bone and Acne...

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Thanks. I'm generally between sizes and need 50 in blazers with some waist suppression and the sleeves taken up a little. I tend to take L in t shirts and knitwear, and 40 in new shirts (39 in the older ones).

I remember trying the stand collar coat in 48 and it being very slightly small. I should really be able to fit 48 at 6'1 and about 147 lbs, so I think part of it is that I have quite a chest up shoulders back posture, and when buttoned the 48 kind of curved slightly going over the chest area. I haven't had the opportunity to try a 50, but based on the caban I tried in 50, I imagine it would be far too big. I'm caught between going slightly small or having pretty serious alterations done on the 50 (I don't really like the idea of that as it's a risk of it not coming out well enough).

On jeans, if acne don't work out then I'll go with the D02s and alterations. Again though, I don't like the risk of them not coming out right. It's also hard to determine just how skinny to go in the knee area (don't want to end up with them being too tight when sitting etc.). I thought about having them altered to be the same as my AW 13 pairs, but I think the denim isn't as stretchy so there's a good chance that might not work out right.

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

I hear you man. I'm between a 46 and 48 in everything and in general don't like getting things altered too much. Especially Blazers. wouldnt risk the coat.

8. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Eh to be fair, I remain deeply disappointed with my SLP D02s, bought from the FW15 collection. The knees are very baggy and the leg opening stretched so much that the whole point of a skinny fit was lost. I got it tailored down and continue to wear it, but I can recommend R&B's Fit 1 or 0 (if one wants an even slimmer fit) over SLP simply because I've worn them harder and they haven't lost all shape like the SLP denim. It's too bad they aren't waxed, or I'd stop wearing the SLP altogether.

I regularly wear my Hedi 30s with the R&B and it actually looks even better than with D02.

1 person likes this.
  9. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

wait what how did you stretch the leg opening

10. needhelp123

it is too loose on the inner thighs

11. shibafku

shibafku Active Member

When you're saying you prefer your R&B over D02s, are you talking about R&B Fit 1 jeans?

12. needhelp123

this my fw15 jean d02 wish i size down one
    [​IMG]

notice the thighs are so damn loose

2 people like this.
  13. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Is the version of the Santiags circled here available anywhere?

[​IMG]

14. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

Agreed.. Fit 0 and 30's ftw all day

The slp denim has fallen off a bit. 13/14 was best.. the frayed button d01 aren't bad tho.. similar to old, but sized down 1 to get the thighs right

the fucking raw destroyed fucking sucks.. i wanna burn them. the rips don't match the knees etc

15. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

My legs aren't as twiggy so I've really enjoyed all my 15 denim

16. SpencerA

SpencerA Active Member

I actually think this looks great, skinny without looking painted on.

Have any of you guys noticed much fading/wear marks on your SLP denim? I washed mine recently and noticed some fades which I wasn't expecting...subtle though

2 people like this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I think these made it to outlet.

18. needhelp123

This is normal and unavoidable.

19. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

these slp denim look dope.. i havent seen these anywhere online.. new shipment?

20. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

I can wear Fit 0 comfortably (after wearing it a week or so) so I go with that. I'm sure Fit 1 will be easier for more "built" men.

And the leg opening just kind of got a lot looser over time on the SLP FW15 D02s. I wore them over the Hedi 30s and they used to stack pretty nicely. Then it just got looser until it looked terrible so I got it taken in and tapered.

But I also don't like the problem that is visible in @needhelp123 's photo: the thighs get baggy. And the knees kind of sag so it looks weird and spoils the silhouette line.