1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Do yours have 2% of elastatine or something like that in it? Mine do and they have a zipper, which broke! So weird.

I think the 19 cm are selvedge and they're about $100 more.

I'm unconvinced the ones I purchased are truly raw...at least not in the traditional sense. I'm also underwhelmed.

2. bolimachine69

bolimachine69 Active Member

Yes mine have 2% elastine; and they have bottom (not zipper). I think only 16cm have zipper.

Mine have 2% elastine, like DH jakes but they fit in a different way.

Are you happy with your purchase?

I think DH quality and cut (even in KVA era) are quite betther than SLP.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I'm unhappy with my purchase of the denim. That said, I love the sneakers.

4. bolimachine69

These are the shoes I would like to buy as soon as possible

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...orColor=OTAzMA==&season=actual&seasProdID=57I

I am also unhappy with my purchase. My raw are very disappointing. When you buy a DH raw you know that you are paying an extra money for the brand but also for the quality and the cut; I don´t see why to pay an extra money for a SLP jeans (in this case nudie jeans are better both quality and cut IMO).

5. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

Honest question: what's the appeal of the sneakers for you? (did you get the high tops or the low tops?)

6. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I'm assuming you don't like them, hence, your predicating the question with "Honest question..."

Anyway, I like the sleek, low profile and that the tongue sticks out just enough so that the gold branding stands out. They've very understated, but have that touch of pop which I like. The leather is buttery soft, and they feel like slippers in terms of comfort. I, of course, like the idea behind the brand and the rock n' roll mystique; essentially, they should look cooler as they are worn. I have the black and whites both in lows (I don't do hi's as much, in general). MII is nice, and the price point is not that bad compared to what I'm used to (i.e., Lanvin, Dior, and Balenciaga). As an aside, the packaging is the best I have ever seen! haha.

7. bolimachine69

I think that regarding cut and quality SLP is very very poor.

When I bought my pair (one of the worst error in last times about purchases) I tried 16 cm version (they are as if you wear your girl friend jeans, stupily bad done, very similar to cheap monday); 17,5 cm the typical baggie jeans tight on the lower leg (similar too cool jeans model in dsquared) and the 19 cm...wtf SLP do the other models skinnier than any other similar version in another brand, and do the 19 cm version so badly.

Very very disappointed.

8. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

I was a a SL boutique and the resemblance to DH is ridiculous and nothing really interesting apart from some boots....even DH today looks better than most SL Im guessing they got hedi for direct competition with dior homme since it was doing so well?? I dk Im a little confused.

9. Nil

Nil Senior member

10. bolimachine69

It is true that both are completly white, but nothing more.

Using this reasoning; DH raw jeans look like zara raw jeans.

11. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

lol they have the same fucking patterning and profile. SLP version is admittedly nicer but I don't know if it's $550 nicer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

look at the seams ... they are the same

1 person likes this.
  12. bows1

bows1 Senior member

But you don't understand!

HEDI

3 people like this.
  13. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

The SLPs look considerably sleeker to me than the Stan Smiths, especially towards the toe. This is just a snobbier version of "CPs look just like X, why are they worth $300 more?".

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

does make you wonder though why nobody can seem to make a cheap sneaker that looks as good (in terms of design specifically) as really expensive sneakers. the design isn't that far off. i don't care about the best leather, top notch construction in a pair of sneakers that I'm going to throw on to take the dog to the park, but it would be nice if they could at least look good.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  15. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

It's all about branding; you're not the cool kid on the block unless there's a logo on it.

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I don't have a horse in this race, just saying that to say they don't look alike is dishonest.

17. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The leather on cheap white sneakers starts to look like shit really quickly. That's a big reason. That said I think there are some cheaper sneakers that look really good.

18. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Especially since so many of the 'baller' sneakers are based off of the designs of iconic mainstream sneakers. I've honestly never found the appeal of construction to be a big factor - like most here, I have 6-7 pairs of shoes I rotate through fairly regularly and minimizes the wear on any one in particular. Between that and an office job even a pair of Toms would probably last three or four years. They can be glued together so long as they're aesthetically pleasing and I'd buy them.
    No disagreement there. If I came off as snarky I apologize.

19. DLester

DLester Senior member

I find this with cheap shoes, clothes and accessories generally. Cheap stuff may look okay when brand new but quickly starts to look like garbage. Compare a fake LV bag with the real thing after 6 months of use.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013