1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@slann01 Ah, thanks man!! Don't know how I missed that info on your blog...

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I haven't picked up the polka dot shirt yet but I plan on it in the next few days. The short sleeve looks nice to me now as well. Anyone have thoughts on the short sleeve shirts this season? The cropped boxy fit gives them a casual look but I like the raw hem on the full sleeve

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

True and luckily not much of a problem here in the bay area. All things being equal, rough uneven pavement like most of San Francisco etc. isn't ideal for leather soles.

I wear mine in wet weather sometimes, but not on back to back days (same with any of my shoes).

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I wore my wyatts yesterday and noticed they were someone soft. Only reason I noticed rain could be a no no. I don't luckily have to deal with too much uneven pavement in the east bay.

5. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

yeah the boob area...

6. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

it's not the boob area it's the fact that women's tops are usually cut in a way that it tapers down from below the sleeves to the waist and then flares out to the bottom

that's why when guys go for women's top beware of that taper because too much of it will look really weird on guys

just person opinion btw

1 person likes this.
  7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah as far as I can remember the womenswear shirt I tried was too narrow at the shoulders, and had too much of a waist. I know Milanese designers will cut menswear shirts with all sorts of darts and almost hourglass waists sometimes, but it's not to my tastes.

8. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

yeah dude. I can't see any guys pulling off the hourglass shape waist

too feminine for guys to pull off

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  9. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Want to grab 3 passants belt. I wear size 31 across SLP denim, what is recommended size to get?

cheers.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  11. echau

echau Senior member

Black suedes today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@onlyslp I only do the front area of the sole and make sure they leave the Saint Laurent logo. They did a really nice job on my Hedi 30's recently and I'll post up a pic. Dropped my phone last night and need to get a new one today then I can take a pic. I just do the heel as its worn out. What I posted was the 1st after a long time and heavy use.

@Nivaze na, mine are the newer wider shaft older ones. My feet are tiny and the shaft thing really isn't a problem even with lucacrisly skinny denim haha.

@echau look great! Im dying for some black swedes. I recently passed on rare black suede Heidi's and am kicking myself haha. Luckily FW16 seems to have some coming

13. therattler

therattler Senior member

i just passed on a pair of black suedes recently, but @echau those look pretty cool. i don't normally do black with blue denim, but suede and blue denim looks real fresh.

and someone mentioned something about sizing down on the suede hedi 30's. i can confirm that a half size down would've been ideal for me, but it's not so much that i'm going to take them back etc etc

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Those black suede Chelseas are interesting. I'm kind of tempted. As OakGhost mentioned next season has some nice looking suede boots coming, but I'm not yet sure if I like thin soled suede boots as much as the thicker Hedi ones.

Rattler I think you mentioned that you have the black leather Hedi 30 Chelseas too right? They're fast becoming one of my favourite boots along with the original Wyatt Chelseas in black leather. Just got a second pair from the online store to keep for future use (had to send one back because the ankles were big, this next pair that arrived is good but has a large discoloured mark on the elastic gore on one boot which I think is probably glue residue or something - annoying but I'm not too much of a perfectionist so I'll just keep them anyway).

15. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Hi guys, selling some sterling silver jewelry as I don't have much occasions to wear them, if you are interested in any of these, hit me up :)
    [​IMG]

EDIT - collar tips sold
    EDIT2 - hey @Prudy , copped from vestiaire? if you did, damn you lucky, i will never find one in my size 44 for so low ahah! Cheers!

16. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

Hi, I need some info asap. If anyone can let me know from their experience. I have the destroyed black d02 from surf sound in size 28(which is a bit loose on the waist and thighs, just a bit), however, the composition in this pair is 98%cotton 2% poly. I want the destroyed d02 in blue but this one has the composition of 98%cotton2%elastane. Can anyone tell me should I stick with a 28 or go down to 27 to get the skinny fit(in a long term because I heard these stretch a lot with time)
    Thank you!!!

17. Enigma1

Enigma1 Senior member

I definitely would go down, for the past year or two I go down 1–2 sizes compared to my 2013/14 sizing, especially in black. I have 3 pairs... 31, 30, 29. 29 fits absolutely perfect. Just push it out some, sit for a few minutes and you'll see they fit perfectly. Purely my experience. FYI I don't wash them to shrink as hey just stretch out quickly and don't feel the same after washing, hence I had to try going down one size at a time

18. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

^ that transition from blue denim to black suede boots is too much for me (personally) but i really do love the black suede. also i'm afraid that with black suede if it gets scuffed/marked/water stained it's much more apparent then in comparison to tan boots which look nicer after wear.

about the whole hedi 30 high sizing down.... i am a 42.5 in wyatts and last year i did size down for the ss15 hedi 30s (to 42). i too thought it was safe to size down however i think my feet must be a little wider cos even tho i cained them they still are a little tight and in retrospect i think actually my hedi 30 size is the same as my wyatt size.

so in this year's version i got 42.5 - ratified especially by what kieran has been repeating and what i've read about initial heel slip not being an issue once the leather breaks in.

19. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

trying to add more boots to my rotation but can't decide..... i already have black leather and tobacco suede wyatt....

hedi 30 Chelsea, hedi 40 Chelsea, or jodhpurs?

20. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Tarrago Nano Protector. Makes suede material bullet-proof as far as water or other stains are concerned. That, and use a brush+eraser when required. I have a pair of J Crew Kenton suede oxfords and wear them very often--daily beaters--and they still look great. Nicely worn in but otherwise so clean.

1 person likes this.