Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

They're both the smallest size (XS, 44), although now that you say it, I didn't check if SLP has an XXS (42 Italian). May not be worth the hassle though!

2. linstar

linstar Senior member

The SLP pea coat we were talking about earlier (the runway one from this season) comes in a 42. It is really slim though. I didn't have enough room to layer under it at 5'7 125lbs.

3. stphnpn

stphnpn Member

So I was browsing ebay and I found this listing for a SLP teddy jacket, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Saint-Laure...omber-Sz-48-/181886667394?hash=item2a594a4a82

When I went thru the pics I thought this is definitely genuine, but the item description said it was fake and on a closer look I noticed that on the composition tag the N and T aren't connected, so it was a fake.

this is kind of alarming and suprising to me because I didn't know reps have come this far, I mean, this is basically indistinguishable from the real thing.

4. samthemann

samthemann Member

Fakes of the classic teddy have been out on the market for a little while now. Although it does look pretty convincing in the pictures, the actual fabric in real life on the fakes are still very rough and almost burlap feeling. The black tag fabric on this jacket is the dead giveaway though. They still use a woven rougher fabric tag. Either way, always be careful when shopping on eBay. Always buy from a reputable seller!

5. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

You can put lotion on the tongue but I doubt the noise will stop forever

6. nicksh

nicksh Active Member

to be honest, the noise just goes away with a lot of wear. it really does, once they get really broken in. I've thrashed my common projects (I know they aren't the same, similar concept) over the past 3+ years. they squeaked at least for the first year, if not quietly for a while longer. but they look so good when they stop squeaking cause they're a little roughed-up/worn-in, so it's worth it really.

7. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

leather lotion

do not use actual lotion

8. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Actual lotion works as well [​IMG][​IMG]

Didn't see any damage. Just sneakers

Unless leather lotion stops it forever

9. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

The noise from the SL01H goes away when you wear it more. It's just the leather breaking in.

10. thorns

thorns Senior member

Be careful that the chemicals in the lotion does not react with the leather and cause premature deterioration.

11. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

exactly

leather lotion ain't for the human skin same as how regular lotion ain't for your shoes

12. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

Just purchased it in Milan boutique. It looks and fits amazing. Fabric is soft due the 10% of cashmere. I'm a 46 in SLP and this coat in my size fits perfect on me. On the website the pic of the back is wrong cos the real coat produced has the belt with 2 buttons.

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Thanks man, do you know if they had the 44 there by any chance? (and btw, are you italian?)

14. agorman2

agorman2 Member

@Jbidwal The Nut(last season) and the Tan(current season) are in fact different colors. I owned the Nut and I have Tan now. This seasons feel like much better quality than previous. Except of course for the orcher from 2013. Cheers

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

15. agorman2

agorman2 Member

@Jbidwal the nut is the one on the left
    [​IMG]