Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Ah, thanks so much!

2. slann01

slann01 Senior member

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

Sweet write up and making me want to get one too! Anyone got some good fit pics with this belt? It feels like a big attention grabber so would it be suitable for only pairing with more monochromic or classic looking outfits?

4. scanner

scanner Senior member

in Dave1 of Chromeo's defense, he's...

A) A Rock Star, probably just going for a younger, Lenny Kravitz look
    B) 6'5 or so.. He's Taaaaallll.
    C) Is very clued into the fashion scene and i'd say he's indistinguishable from any of the hand picked SA's at any of the stores.

I think his look pretty much sums up SLP, cropped sleeves and all, but again, he is super tall and skinny.

[​IMG]

Also, this is from 2011 so its not like the guy doesnt know what he's doing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015

5. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Yeah, that's obvious, and he's also a great style inspiration for me, I was just criticizing the fact that in those new york fashion week pics he just pushed that "cropped sleeves thing" to the max, while usually, in their videos, concert pics etc. he rocks leather jackets flawlessly.

6. seedy

seedy Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

If any of you is interested by the mohair hooded jacket from FW13, i have it in size S brand new with tags
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

That Mr. Porter video proves @neonrider 's point that prior to Hedi (either at Dior or YSL) getting your hands on things that were cool at the luxury level was pretty much impossible. The difference between that video and his more recent feature says it all:

[​IMG]

link: http://www.mrporter.com/journal/journal_issue141/1#1

8. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

I'd rock this outfit minus the flannel,... the incongruent shopping bag..., and as mentioned having the jacket slightly less cropped. I absolutely LOVE those knee blowout jeans (if only I could still get them at retail or below - sigh) rocked with the thrashed boots.

Ref. people saying it looks contrived - I agree, the tipping point for me though being the flannel tied around the waist when he already has a tee + jacket, funny considering the blurb on the image above says ""You can't let the effort show - the minute you do, it's game over"" :).

(having said all of that though I'd still take the whole outfit over being dead - Kieran !)

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Not looking like you tried too hard is good advice in general but it applies mostly to casual looks, aka, ripped jeans and leather jackets IMO. If you move outside the box a bit or are interested in more formal/dressier looks that advice becomes more relative, or at least it changes quite a bit. If you don't look like you tried when you get 'dressed up' then you're missing something and/or probably don't look very good. Of course you can dress down formal looks to be more casual/spontaneous as well but there's a difference...maybe that's obvious :)

10. therattler

therattler Senior member

I wear my belt all the time - whenever I'm wearing black I guess. I disagree that it's an attention grabber, though I do keep things pretty simple. That it's so slim means it's not as flashy as it might otherwise be.

11. therattler

therattler Senior member

@Prudy good to have you back. Quick question, what's your go to SLP blazer?

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@therattler thanks man, been buried in work for a month, now. Hope all are well.

I have 3 blazers that I wear weekly, a permanent collection cropped black blazer w/ gold buttons, a SS14 TB style that's essentially an elongated smoking jacket, and a more casual blazer from SS15 that is essentially a Beatles-style jacket w/ some cool embroidery on the velvet collar...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. therattler

therattler Senior member

@Prudy thanks man. I'm thinking of getting the permanent collection standard peaked lapel to replace my (almost) daily work blazer. Do you find you're able to wear yours (the center picture) no problem, on top of and to complete most day-to-day looks?

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

$650 for a pin? fk that shit who do they think i am? a millionaire?

15. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Yes.

It was funny to watch the different types who came in and bought stuff at SLP in Paris (I forget which one I'd gone to). Some were clearly nouveau riche types, probably attracted to SLP because of Justin Bieber or random celebrities. Some looked more established. But if you're young (ish) and have decent disposable income, SLP wants you.