• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question I'm 6ft3 and weigh 173. What do you guys think would be the best size for slp leather jackets since I have some slp cotton jackets in size 50 and 52. When I tried some leathers on my arms are usually to long
1f615.png

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even knowing your height and weight, your proportions could be anywhere within a large range, so nobody is going to be able to say anything that will help you, least of all if you don't specify which jacket(s) you're looking at.

However, if you can't try on the object of your desire, a 52 should usually have longer arms than a 50. And a garment that's too big can often be taken in, but other than trousers with extra fabric left in the seat, most clothes are not constructed so that they can be let out. So if you are forced to make a blind decision, too big is almost always better than too small.

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
@ohyehhh looks killer man, the Nashville is such a great piece.

cahomme

Reaction score
Could anyone help me with sizing about the wyatt harness boots? My feet are quite wide for my size, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with sizing. I wear a margom sole that has a length of 29.2? cm and i can fit into that. If anyone has the wyatt harness boots in either 41 or 42, could you measure the widest part of the shoe? id greatly appreciate it

Miyavikira

Reaction score
Big dilemma and need some advice from you guys. I brought up the topic of wanting to narrow down the shaft of my 2 piece construction wyatt (as the huge chunk that the shoe pokes out of my jeans is getting more noticeable the more I look at it) to a staff of a shoe repair store that I go oftenly to buy products and get rubber soles applied. They said they can narrow it down like woman's boot (ones that go to their knees) but due to the thickness of the leather and the region of the leg the alteration is, it would not be possible to retain the original shape of the shaft as the cut will be around 1 inch from the top of the shaft to around half of the boot while gradually reducing the inch cut (to make it look more natural I guess). They also told me that they can only do single stitching compared to the original double stitching on wyatt and that the alteration will be at the inseam that runs down the boot of outside. A part of me says no to this due to wanting to keep the boot its original shape but the other part of me wants to do it due to the fact that the alteration region will always be covered by my jeans all the time. What do you guys think? Should I do it here (Brisbane) or do it when I go to Japan/Taiwan? or dont do it at all?

slann01

Reaction score
I'm considering getting a pair of jeans, I might hit you up later.

With taxes where I live, that would be saving around $100. I may take you up on your proxy offer in the future.

Yeah guys no problem, best thing would be if you have a whatsapp number to communicate with me since messages here aren't the best, otherwise add me on facebook! let me know, and cheers.
Big dilemma and need some advice from you guys. I brought up the topic of wanting to narrow down the shaft of my 2 piece construction wyatt (as the huge chunk that the shoe pokes out of my jeans is getting more noticeable the more I look at it) to a staff of a shoe repair store that I go oftenly to buy products and get rubber soles applied. They said they can narrow it down like woman's boot (ones that go to their knees) but due to the thickness of the leather and the region of the leg the alteration is, it would not be possible to retain the original shape of the shaft as the cut will be around 1 inch from the top of the shaft to around half of the boot while gradually reducing the inch cut (to make it look more natural I guess). They also told me that they can only do single stitching compared to the original double stitching on wyatt and that the alteration will be at the inseam that runs down the boot of outside. A part of me says no to this due to wanting to keep the boot its original shape but the other part of me wants to do it due to the fact that the alteration region will always be covered by my jeans all the time. What do you guys think? Should I do it here (Brisbane) or do it when I go to Japan/Taiwan? or dont do it at all?

In my opinion if you don't plan on selling them you should go for that shaft-reducing operation, especially if you hate how they look underneath skinny jeans.

Miyavikira

Reaction score
In my opinion if you don't plan on selling them you should go for that shaft-reducing operation, especially if you hate how they look underneath skinny jeans.

Yeah, I dont plan on selling them. I am bringing them in tomorrow to the store to let the boss of the store see how the shoe is constructed (only one of the staffs inspected and gave me a general idea of how the operation is going to turn out). Operation may change after the boss inspects it.

But yeah, thanks for your opinion slann01, and I may also take up to your proxy offer as well in the future!
Also, usually how does the 13 wyatts wrap around the leg? how much room should be left for the leg in terms of an ideal shaft size?

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, how's this peacoat fit on me? It's a size 44, and very thick, durable wool. I haven't gotten it tailored yet, but not sure it's worth slimming down or is this how they're supposed to fit...I'm wearing a t-shirt underneath, but could easily pull off a sweater, etc. Thanks

sh0ebox

Reaction score
@SirGrotius - looks too big in the shoulders IMO. Try it on with a sweater first though as that may help. But if you plan to wear over light clothing I'd say no

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Could anyone help me with sizing about the wyatt harness boots? My feet are quite wide for my size, and i was wondering if anyone could help me with sizing. I wear a margom sole that has a length of 29.2? cm and i can fit into that. If anyone has the wyatt harness boots in either 41 or 42, could you measure the widest part of the shoe? id greatly appreciate it

AW13 Wyatt Harness boots in 42
4.25" wide, ~11.6" long

My Margom-soled CPs are 41, and my Wyatts are 42, although the CPs are more snug than I would like them to be and 42 would be way too big.

linstar

Reaction score

Hey guys, how's this peacoat fit on me? It's a size 44, and very thick, durable wool. I haven't gotten it tailored yet, but not sure it's worth slimming down or is this how they're supposed to fit...I'm wearing a t-shirt underneath, but could easily pull off a sweater, etc. Thanks

It looks to me that the shoulders and sleeves fit kind of awkward. It looks like there is an indent too between the shoulders of the jacket and where your shoulders are causing the fabric to fold in. I tried on that jacket in both a 42 and 44 and this happened on both of them. For me the armholes were just cut too high and that gap ruined the jacket for me and I returned them.

I also don't like where the jacket hits you lengthwise. It doesnt hit that oversized length like intended on the runway.

In my opinion it just doesn't fit you right (and unfortunately me as well). I really liked the jacket on the runway but it just was cut oddly in the production version. To me it just looks like a regular pea coat on you and don't think it's worth the price tag as a result.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to advise, that's not the one from the runway, it has more buttons and is shorter. Contrary to others, I actually think that fits you pretty well. Shoulders look slightly wide but I think that's being accentuated by the angle.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very helpful. I'm torn between this one and one from DH which I have not tried. The SLP is beefy and probably a real-deal peacoat, whereas the DH is cashmere so luxe.

Didn't get to try on the Dior yet.

Prudy

Reaction score
@SirGrotius I think I agree it is hitting you a bit high up and those arms/shoulders are a bit off as well. I bought this coat but It fit me differently (tho I'm a size 48), see below. It is a real-deal pea coat, seems like it will be a workhorse. I think you need the length in this coat for it to work correctly, it needs to hit you mid thigh or so as it flairs out a bit. Maybe it's the angle but it looks like it's hitting you right at the fly?

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Different coat Prudy, your one is the longer one with 6 buttons from the runway whereas the one in his photo is the shorter one with 8 buttons. I also prefer the longer one, but both are nice I think. I actually slightly prefer my plainer AW 13 one to both of this season's ones though but that's just my taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads