• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
So now that I'm back in NYC and stuck with higher prices here--has anyone here ordered SLP from Paris and run it through a proxy service? Would anyone in Paris be willing to do so? The Hedi 30 boots are $1095 here compared to 795 euros ($886) if shipped to France.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@Jbidwal @kieran84 duh, that makes total sense that the larger sizes have an even wider shaft...I have such small feet and didn't realize what the big deal is but the shaft is pretty slim on my Wyatt's. The French's for sure felt slimmer when I tried them though.

@bawlin will do, my guy texted me today and said the fives are done so i'll post when I pick them up. He said they look super skinny...hopefully I can get em off haha

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to taper my jeans more but I can hardly get the new black denim (y869i) over my feet in 15 cm as it is (it seems to have less give than the old denim). I also bought a 28 in the bleached SS 14 jeans as 29 was too big (the 1% elastane ones LVR had, not the 2% poly ones YSL online and stores had which didn't even look like skinny jeans), and the 14.5 - 15 cm hems on those went on just about okay, but took me about an hour (no exaggeration) to get off so obviously I had to send them back. They looked pretty amazing though.

Oak ghost 14 cm hems wouldn't really go over the new Wyatt Chelsea in size 45. 15.5 goes over but doesn't leave any room for stacking. And you get a big gap at the front between ankle and boot that pulls the jeans forward.

local

Reaction score
Thinking about one last purchase this season. Not sure about the jeans, I might hold out for ss16 destroyed denim.

Thoughts on the shirt? Fits great, material is quite thin - almost sheer on the White. But is it worth it?

Everything looks great! I really like the denim - I would choose it over the shirt.

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score
So now that I'm back in NYC and stuck with higher prices here--has anyone here ordered SLP from Paris and run it through a proxy service? Would anyone in Paris be willing to do so? The Hedi 30 boots are $1095 here compared to 795 euros ($886) if shipped to France.

I've done proxy of slp stuff for guys in the US and Canada before, if you are interested you can hit me up through a PM!

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rattler how is the sizing on that shirt? I always used to take a 39 first 3 seasons, but recently some of the shirts I've tried seem to be coming up much smaller, especially in the shoulder seams (and I don't even have wide shoulders).

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd like to be able to taper my jeans more but I can hardly get the new black denim (y869i) over my feet in 15 cm as it is (it seems to have less give than the old denim). I also bought a 28 in the bleached SS 14 jeans as 29 was too big (the 1% elastane ones LVR had, not the 2% poly ones YSL online and stores had which didn't even look like skinny jeans), and the 14.5 - 15 cm hems on those went on just about okay, but took me about an hour (no exaggeration) to get off so obviously I had to send them back. They looked pretty amazing though.

Oak ghost 14 cm hems wouldn't really go over the new Wyatt Chelsea in size 45. 15.5 goes over but doesn't leave any room for stacking. And you get a big gap at the front between ankle and boot that pulls the jeans forward.

Exact same issue. I have the jeans you are talking about and it's a pain to get them off and on. Stretch is a must for me as nothing else gets over my ankles. My issue is always getting the right fit below the knee. It's a balance that's hard to find and on top of it I'm not that tall

youngnirvana

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know these sunglasses are Saint Laurent and if so are they looking to release next season? thanks

Lebron James

Reaction score
Question for the experts. What's the difference between the Seville and London 20 chelsea boots? I'm looking for the model that has an almond toe shape (rather than pointed).
I have a pair of the tan suede Classique 25 chelseas and was looking for a shape similar to this. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
london (i believe, but keiran's the expert).

thanks slann. a europe proxy here would be super useful, buying sl in the states has gotten so relatively overpriced i pretty much only buy in europe. esp for leathers the difference is crazy.

the new skinny fit shirts are a lot skinner than the regular shirts, that's probably the difference, skinny fit only released from ss15 onwards i believe.

therattler that outfit looks good. whether or not a flannel is worth that much is hard to say though, personally unless wore them a lot (which i do) i probably wouldn't buy them.

Randeep

Reaction score
Personally therattler if the shirt is as thin as you say it is then I would leave it. Instead I would get the red and black Nashville with the poppers (unless you got it already) as I reckon the more substantial weight of the fabric is going to pair nicer with the thick leather jacket - would look sick with black jeans+boots to match,,

Randeep

Reaction score

Hey man, what season are your jeans from? I've seen a couple recent ones that are similar, but I've been trying to get the ones you have for a while. I'd really appreciate the help.

Cheers

SS15 super destroyed (re-release of AW14)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads