Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

Hey guys, I've been searching this thread for an answer, but have had difficulty finding exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering how you all find the sizing of the Wyatt's/Wyatt Jod's. Should I go TTS? Or do they fit a bit narrow/small?

2. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

I take the same size in Wyatts as I take in CP. I'm a true U.S. 9 and wear a 41 in Wyatts and Chelseas

3. JackoDo

JackoDo Senior member

So you've sized down a whole size? I wear 42.5 in the SLP derbies I own, but it's good to have heard your opinion. I'm currently debating between sizing down half to a 42, or attempting a TTS, so that helps.

4. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Senior member

I think I would lean towards sizing down half personally. I have the SL18H sneakers whichare TTS and they fit pretty well but I probably could size down half. I got the Hedi 30 Chelseas in TTS originally but they ended up being very loose fitting so I sized down one for both my FW13 Chelseas and SS15 Wyatts

5. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@kieran84 all of my slp boots/shoes are 39.5 except for the suede Wyatt's I just got which I went 39. I get all of my denim brought in to the 14cm and they fit perfectly over the shaft of the Wyatt's. Hope that helps.

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

That explains it. My lower legs are as skinny as yours but I'm a size 43 so it's impossible for me to get the look I want. I'm trying to see if a tailor can do something else to make it taper but also fit.

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Cheers Oakghost.

@ Jbidwal, I'm a 45 with pretty skinny legs so the new styles of boots are terrible for me. Probably explains why I seem to be complaining about it one of the most.

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Please post photos when they come in :slayer:

9. therattler

therattler Senior member

Thinking about one last purchase this season. Not sure about the jeans, I might hold out for ss16 destroyed denim.

Thoughts on the shirt? Fits great, material is quite thin - almost sheer on the White. But is it worth it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I really liked the look of that shirt in the ad campaign and think it looks pretty decent there (although I would wear it tucked in with black jeans myself). What's the sizing like? Think I might give one a go from the online store as I would also like to make more purchases this season.

Speaking of which, I actually set aside quite a bit of money for this season as I had high hopes, but have actually hardly managed to spend any of it. Thinking I might take a trip to Paris and see what they have left from old seasons / permanent collection and have a bit of a spree.

11. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I like the look without the jacket. You should get the jeans and the shirt.

12. therattler

therattler Senior member

That's the plan. Wear it to work: tucked in, black jeans, and either a blazer or peacoat.

My girl's opinion is that I should get the jeans because only SLP does dope ripped up jeans, whereas the shirt isn't that special. When I said yeah but previous season's destroyed denim was so much better, she rolled her eyes and told me to shut up in no uncertain terms.

Also, @Adamdraps , everything has to look good with the jacket. Spent so much damn money on it I have to wear it everyday to justify via price per wear.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

13. thorns

thorns Senior member

Buy what you think is dope, not what someone else thinks.

14. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I completely understand

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Both look fit wise. I agree the shirt can be found elsewhere and its somewhat overpriced (i have the blue one, liked the color but cost way too much for what I got). The jeans also aren't their best work. Maybe you can add too the cuts and make them more personal