• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did my presenation today, ill post the powerpoint slides soon lol

It was so awesome cause i was in SLP suiting with black jodhpur and silk tee after the speech people including the teacher just looked at me up and down i felt so happy. It was really brief cause of the time limit wanted to do it longer :(

I did brief intro of YSL, how he put out the Le Smoking and then i talk about Hedis second tenure the rebranding and the uniquness of the silhouette, i showed runway pics mostly fw14 and 15 and ysl archives.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was so awesome cause i was in SLP suiting with black jodhpur and silk tee after the speech people including the teacher just looked at me up and down i felt so happy.

Post a fit and let us see that nice combo!

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was so awesome cause i was in SLP suiting with black jodhpur and silk tee after the speech people including the teacher just looked at me up and down i felt so happy. It was really brief cause of the time limit wanted to do it longer :(

I did brief intro of YSL, how he put out the Le Smoking and then i talk about Hedis second tenure the rebranding and the uniquness of the silhouette, i showed runway pics mostly fw14 and 15 and ysl archives.

:embar:

fatboyslim

Reaction score

It was so awesome cause i was in SLP suiting with black jodhpur and silk tee after the speech people including the teacher just looked at me up and down i felt so happy.

Hands down the best read this site has given me.

youwhat

Reaction score
do you mean the original shape / 1 piece leather / chunky exposed zip etc?

have seen a celeb wearing what looked like the 13 ocher suede with chunky exposed zip recently and doubt they would have been saving them for 2 years...

Last edited:

BruceWayne91

Reaction score
I was just excited that the seam was gone and the original shape is back. Have the fw13 ocher and probably have to pick these up now to complete them as a set.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful trusting YSL's pictures as sometimes they use old photos. The style ID is the same as the suede ones with the dodgy seam and thick collar apart from the leather and colour code, so they may well be the same (especially considering that every other retailer has the ones with the seam).

dtolo

Reaction score
I'd be careful trusting YSL's pictures as sometimes they use old photos. The style ID is the same as the suede ones with the dodgy seam and thick collar apart from the leather and colour code, so they may well be the same (especially considering that every other retailer has the ones with the seam).

Yes, you're correct - They used the wrong photo.

I ordered these when they appeared on the site last week, just arrived today and (as I expected) they are the wider shaft version that are available at all the other stores now.

Just a heads up for any one else who was going to order these...

mnikitow

Reaction score
Hey man, what season are your jeans from? I've seen a couple recent ones that are similar, but I've been trying to get the ones you have for a while. I'd really appreciate the help.

Cheers

mnikitow

Reaction score
So I succumbed to getting the Nashville shirt - went with size L in the end as size M was way too fitted/pulled obviously at the chest area. I asked whether they thought I should get the back tapered but the SA said it looks fine as is.. (P.s. Don't you just love SLP dressing rooms
smile.gif
)

I also tried the FW15 iteration of the hedi jodphur - difference being tonal stitching and a more worn looking buckle (instead of gold looking).. So tempting to get the almost exact boot cos they look so frickkng beautiful
foo.gif

So I succumbed to getting the Nashville shirt - went with size L in the end as size M was way too fitted/pulled obviously at the chest area. I asked whether they thought I should get the back tapered but the SA said it looks fine as is.. (P.s. Don't you just love SLP dressing rooms
smile.gif
)

I also tried the FW15 iteration of the hedi jodphur - difference being tonal stitching and a more worn looking buckle (instead of gold looking).. So tempting to get the almost exact boot cos they look so frickkng beautiful
foo.gif
Hey man, what season are your jeans from? I've seen a couple recent ones that are similar, but I've been trying to get the ones you have for a while. I'd really appreciate the help.

Cheers

mnikitow

Reaction score
FW15 blue destroyed jeans, one pair is my true size 30 and the other pair is down size 29, just want to hear your options on the fit and what you prefer. One pair is from YSL store and the other one is from Saks, even the wash seems to be a little different.

I like the fit and color of the ones on the right. I don't know if it's cause the color looks better on those ones as well. Did you get those ones at the actual SLP store? And are they really labeled as the same exact jean, color and all? Or do they have a different code?

kevineg6

Reaction score
Thanks, appreciate it. I see. From your photos it looked like two different washes, with the one on the right being a lot lighter/more washed. Could just be lighting discrepancies though.
Sorry for the late reply stphnpn, the style number of the right pair is 391659 (from Saks) and I don't have the number for the left pair (YSL store). I'm pretty sure both are the same pair, just different sizes.

I like the fit and color of the ones on the right. I don't know if it's cause the color looks better on those ones as well. Did you get those ones at the actual SLP store? And are they really labeled as the same exact jean, color and all? Or do they have a different code?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads