Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks Ryan. Will try to take another fit pic soon with proper sneakers and all. [​IMG]

Gotta say these thrashed jeans are darker in color than those crashed or destroyed from past seasons and from camera view, looks pretty "new".

Up close inspection will reveal the lighter washed parts are done in dirtier shades and doesn't resemble a "new" pair of jeans slashed everywhere; of course in reality, they are newly made. LOL!

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

3. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Ok, I usually come in this thread to look at the car-crash looks of awkward users but this is pretty sharp, those boots are much better than other SLP I've seen and the jeans have a great tint. :slayer:

4. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Those boots look fucking incredible but not so much with those jeans

5. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

looks like he's sat on the toliet and got the jeans round his knees.

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Leather shoes maintenance is pretty simple. 1) Put trees after use for at least one hour. It won't alter the shape of your boots unless the trees are too big or something of the sort. A company like SLP should give free trees with their boots but they apparently don't give a fuck. Trees have to be wood and they'll absorb moisture and minimize creasing. 2) Shine boots from time to time (also good for protection) using saphir products. No need to attempt mirror shining or anything of the sort. You need an old tee shirt to buff and some quality brush and you're good to go. 3) Use saphir renovateur to maintain the longevity of the leather, no need to do it often but this can be a crucial step. 4) Adding a rubber sole will make them last a lot longer and it doesn't need to be a thick one so it doesn't really alter the look of the shoe. If you don't want to do that just add heel and toe taps. Any fucking cobbler can do this btw, this isn't rocket science and SLP boots aren't Lobbs anyway. Just make sure you choose the rubber sole yourself and explain that you don't want the boots to gain half an inch, just to be discreetly protected.

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

^ Those brown suede boots with the light blue jeans -- are they a suede version of Hedi 30s?

Also: who actually makes SLP's footwear? Brooks Brothers sometimes uses Edward Green, Rancourt, etc. Anyone know about SLP?

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

Thx fuuma. Those who know what they're talking about will appreciate the blue trash have a similar tint to the original blue claw marks.

Sepp, those jeans look just right, ignore the wannabes. that's the right size for you and just how they're meant to fit. how you choose to destroy the rips even more is of course up to you :)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015

9. bennyy

bennyy Well-Known Member

10. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

I'm not gonna lie the jeans look terrible on you.
    You should return them. Just looks odd IMO

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I'm not really a fan of the wash of those destroyed jeans, fit is not bad, but I still think even AW14 reissue destroyed jeans looks better the effect

12. stphnpn

stphnpn Member

quick question, should I size down on d02's? how much do they stretch over time

13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Guys if you need to get your heel taps replaced for boots, do the cobbler usually leave the nails from the previous one in or are they supposed to take them out?

14. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Absolutely size down one since they stretch a lot in the waist.

15. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

I know I'm a little late to this conversation, but I tried on the cashmere blend double breasted coat and found it to fit very slim, while the two button top collar coat was noticeably baggier. Curious to try on the camel coat and see how it fits, hopefully it will be fitted enough for me to consider a purchase. I do wonder tho, if I just tailored in the arms on these coats, if they would fit like the runway versions do.