Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. icvcss

icvcss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Just received my size 29 mid-waist raw from YSL.com
    Comparing with my size 29 black destroyed also from YSL.com (14FW version, currently restocked)
    When I try them on, I think both are TTS while the mid-waist is a little bit, but not obvious at all, tighter. However, considering mid-waist is raw jeans so I believe they will ultimately fit the same.
    FYI, I have the 14FW version black destroyed in size 28 bought when they first released last year which I cannot fit in now (sadly because I get fatter), so I can say my 29 black destroyed is TTS.

2. sepp

sepp Senior member

The black destroyed is raw or washed material?

3. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

it's like a raw but it's also lightly distressed/washed in the back i believe

4. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Pretty important question (IMO): how do you guys care for the sole of SLP boots/shoes? The Hedi 30s I bought are showing some sole wear already (been walking around Paris a bit). I hope to put Topy on them soon after I get back to the US. What do you people do/what have your experiences been?

I'm not even sure if they can be resoled (i.e. are Goodyear welted). The sole appears to be a 270 welt stitch?

5. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I just put a rubber sole on them, the leather soles are nice and the worn in look is cool but they can wear down pretty fast.

6. Spaceman333

Spaceman333 Member

anyone with one of the silver cuff bracelets, what size did you go for? my wrist circumference hovers a little below 7", not sure if I should go with Medium or Large

[​IMG]

7. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Thanks--my thinking as well. Any names you can share? Can this be done by any competent cobbler?

8. SaintLaurent

Any competent cobbler should be able to do it, it's a pretty basic thing to do.

9. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Either topy or Vibram should do the trick.

10. youngnirvana

youngnirvana Member

Hey guys I did a review on the Saint Laurent Bikers for if anyone needs a close up look to spot fakes

[​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

nope!

not true at all

I personally would not trust just any cobbler to work on my shoes

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

honestly what can go wrong with putting on simple topy..its pretty equivalent to getting your jeans taken up

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

shipped mine to b. nelson. they did an impeccable job.

My Guidis and Augustas get sent to FJ shoes out West though

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Umm the cobbler could just put a layer of rubber on top of the leather, they could use cheap glue, leave glue stains all over the shoes, leave a gap between the leather and rubber, do not shave off the rubber to even it out, not repaint the mid-sole, polish the shoes when it doesn't need it (if shoe is distressed or meant to be matte), they do not balance the shoes on the heels, they could lop off a piece of your leather sole the incorrect way (or too much) and stick a layer of rubber in there and mess up the shoes for good, mes sup the stitch, etc...

It is not at all like getting jeans taken up because more things could go wrong. Hell, even getting jeans taken up can be easily done wrong if the tailor doesn't know jack.

There is a reason many here pays extra and ships out their shoes to get properly topy'd.

15. SaintLaurent

Hence why I said competent. I just go to some small shop that's been around for ages, costs about 20 kiwi bucks and he does a great job. Also did a good job of covering up the scratch in the leather of my wyatts.