Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. scanner

scanner Senior member

and above, sorry to be bad news bear but it looks like you're wearing john elliott sweats..

2. AB77

AB77 Senior member

Hey no problem at all, thanks for your honest feedback. I do actually like john elliott sweats :)
    BTW is it because its too tight, too loose? I'm open to feedback.

3. thorns

thorns Senior member

The SLP/Slimane look ain't that serious. From his recent interview it feels like it is all about looking effortless and making it seem like it is a normal part of who you are and not some costume.

Most important thing is probably proportions and low body fat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ 100%

Unless you are on the stage the full runway looks are archetypal and everyone will distil them somewhat (or a lot) from there. Everything is relative it's more about a feeling, and as you said it's not that serious or even technical, for that matter.

As for fit, IMO those zip detail jeans are at least one size too big for you based on the upper portion in the pic. Everyone's body is different, tho - if the calves are too tight while the rest remains a bit loose I would suggest trying another style as they all tend to be cut a bit differently based on style + season.

Don't worry too much about the size on the tag, there's not always a lot of rhyme or reason w/ SLP denim in that regard.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015

5. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

Is there any pics?

We talking about the guy who just said he's 5 foot 6 ?

6. sepp

sepp Senior member

I am lusting after a Blood Luster bomber.

7. Ricey67

Ricey67 New Member

[​IMG]

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Silk pocket T shirt
    D01 LW
    Y3

Love the drape and fit of the silk T's and I know there isn't a lot of love on here for D01 17.5 but they are the only SLP denims I can wear. My ass, thighs and calves are too big for skinny jeans unfortunately.

Ps-don't judge me on the footwear, I can imagine some people on here having a shit fit over Y3 withYSL

8. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Took some pics of my new shirt - the allover hearts print silk one - with cropped and non cropped, stacked denim to add up to the discussion we made the past days: what do you think of the fit? and is it better cropped or not?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    In my opinion cropped looks sleeker, less sloppy and makes a bit taller. Cheers

9. AB77

AB77 Senior member

IMO your legs looks longer stacked.

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Exactly. I'm just mentioning what looks nice to me, on my frame and height. I'm 5-7 so I can relate to the 5-6 person. And tbh, I don't even know or care what the intended look is. I buy the items that fit me based on what I like.

11. Spaceman333

Spaceman333 Member

how does a suede belt hold up compared to a leather one over time? considering a black leather or brown suede western.

12. Miyavikira

Miyavikira Active Member

Didn't think I would had such an interesting discussion from the hemming and stacking question. In the end, got my 5zip jeans hemmed and liking it at the moment. Can post a pic if you guys want another pic of a 5"7 or 175cm guy with hemmed jeans.

Also, a question regarding to belts... Never bought a sl belt before. How are they in terms of durability (tightening stress) or do they differ from belt to belt? I am looking at the:

http://www.ysl.com/au/shop-product/...ck-leather_cod46333702vf.html#dept=belts_men_

or the

http://www.ysl.com/au/shop-product/...oned-brass_cod22000417jb.html#dept=belts_men_

Thanks

13. slann01

slann01 Senior member

I have a three passant belt with the same leather of the western buckle one - leather is great and very durable. The bigger one you linke had an "antique" treatment so it is pre-distressed; unfortunately I have never tried one on so I can't comment on its durability.

14. mcking

mcking Senior member

I know you mean no offense but most people including Hedi himself don't look like the models on the runway. Unless it's fashion week in Paris or NY or you don't have a 9-5, I don't have time to dress like a runway model 24/7.

If everyone wore Rick Owens like his models do in his show then we'd all be fucked (i'm a huge fan of Rick btw).

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ not a huge difference in the pic above but shorter length makes your torso appear longer/legs shorter. Stacks give you a more 1:1 proportional ratio IMO.

Also, those boots elongate your legs as well - if you did the same comparison with a pair of lowtop white sneakers the differences would be more pronounced, I think.