Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. sepp

sepp Senior member

Same situation here. I find Lad Musician stuff interesting but the sizing from the sites are like 42, 44...wondering if it's the same as Euro scale then will be ridiculously small for me.

2. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Nah its not, its similar to the 0-5 sizing thom brown uses, the thing is some stuff fit large even I see on grailed etc..its confusing

I really want one of their cropped blazers and creepers

3. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

26 is smallest menswear size but stores here and the online store don't carry it (LVR does however).

On cropped jodhpurs I find them to be true to size and take 45, although I can wear 44.5 without discomfort.

4. AmirDoma

AmirDoma New Member

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I'm 5'6" and when I hem I always regret it. As long as the leg opening is slim and you pay attention to your stacking so that it doesn't look sloppy, it still can be cool.

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Exactly. Let them hug you calves and below knee. It looks really nice then. Opening should be 5.5 or less imo

7. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

there's no rule for hemming, but generally, if you're tall, you can get away with hems, if you're short, you're better off stacking (no, not ridiculously so, just proportionally so). stacks will give your legs the illusion of length, and hemming will make it look as if they're shorter. stacks will also give rounder guys the illusion of being thinner, and hems will give skinny guys more of a v-shaped profile.

so it depends on the length of your legs and your build. but generally speaking, i wouldn't crop much unless you're (actually) pretty tall and skinny. like prudy could get away with it, but i definitely can't as much :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I prefer to get them hemmed as I'm super skinny so the stacking looks terrible on me, I'm considering getting some of my pairs of jeans tailored slimmer but then it'd be a problem trying to get them over some of my boots. I think I'm going to get one pair tailored very slim to sit just above my jodhpurs and leave the others as is. Personally I think having them hemmed looks a lot cleaner and smarter as well.

9. sepp

sepp Senior member

I have this feeling that if you hemmed your pants, it should be tapered as well. Shortened length will distort the overall silhouette of the pants, no?

Silhouette - in this case, the original fit and cut intended by the designer.

Any thoughts?

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I agree with you. You need to taper them if the hem is extreme

11. flowen

flowen Member

Can anyone comment on the alleged decline in quality in recent seasons? I keep hearing about this but not much has been explained.

I'll be heading to a nearby store soon to try some Wyatts/Jodhpurs on, but I'm especially discouraged seeing the widened shaft on the Wyatts now.

12. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this, for shorter guy stacks are good but too much stacks looks silly. I always hem to my barefoot so when I wear my shoes, especially boots, there will be stacks. Remember the stacks is not just around your ankle, its behind your knee as well.

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

If you're chopping loads of length off then maybe, but for a few inches or so it's not necessary. Doesn't look like Hedi is tapering the runway jeans as the jeans being wider than boots is part of the cropped look - so that they kind of just hang:

[​IMG]

14. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

So I bit the bullet & bought the 5 Zip DO2. It’s interesting in term of sizing consistency compared to my size 30 FW15 Waxed D02.
    Just want to share this info, keen to hear your feedback & experience as well

5 Zip D02
    size 31
    Waist: 43 cm
    Rise: 25 cm
    Thigh: 31 cm
    Inseam: 86.5 cm
    Hem: 16 cm

Waxed D02
    size 30
    Waist: 43 cm
    Rise: 25 cm
    Thigh: 30 cm
    Inseam: 85.5 cm
    Hem: 15.5 cm

Waist & Rise is the same, but I can pinched the fabric around the thigh with the 5Zip D02 but calf section is tight.
    I can’t imagine it tighter since the fabric stiff & not as elastic as the Waxed D02.
    I’m not sure if the photo came up that well, the 5 Zip fabric is still super stuff while the Waxed is smooth & soft.
    Last pic is Julius which is like wearing leggings, tight everywhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

15. scanner

scanner Senior member

I have to say, Not to diss anyone, but no one here, with the exception of sirgrotius, has pulled off the SLP / Slimane look. Everyone has looked ok.. normal.. maybe just typical jeans and band tee rocker, but no one should really be giving advice.