Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

Will there be a side zipped suede version of the Hedi Boot which released recently on farfetch?

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

probably you tried on last season's pair, compare the two:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

3. nicksh

nicksh Active Member

you know what, it must've been last season's iteration. seems they changed the zipper again, too. was a little confused because I figured I'd be trying on the latest iteration in a flagship store, but I guess not. that's a shame, was hoping to pick up a pair relatively soon and now I may just wait to see what comes out next season or something.

4. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

why would you wait?

you can go back and get the originals. or you can get the new version online/elsewhere.

5. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

ah man the exposed chunky zip was one of my fav parts of the original wyatt design. wtf.

6. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

Why did they even change the Wyatt so much? Can't really imagine the more chunky iteration being so much more appealing to the masses.

Personally I've turned to the classic jodhpurs as my go to. Love the sleek look. Would like to get my hands on the AW13 Wyatt harness, but I think the price would be beyond reason.

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I personally feel that the original version of the classic jodhpurs was also much better. Both the 2013 ones and the blake 30 one from SS 14. They had a much narrower ankle and a more elongated look. The London ones are still really cool though. I'd like them with the Hedi 30 sole construction myself - hopefully they'll do them at some point.

As for the Wyatts, an SA told me that many customers were struggling to get them on over their (I presume fat) ankles hence the change.

It really seems to be a question of needing to get stuff when it first appears, before they start dumbing it all down (the main runway models of the French for example have reasonably slim shafts and are all around nicely produced (excluding the lazy side zip 4.5 which has huuuge ankle shafts). It's happening all over the place unfortunately with clothes too (see the low waisted skinny jeans for example), although some things have returned to their original form this season - hoodies are back to being cropped and slim fitting for example.

My advice would be if something is good then get it while you can.

8. nicksh

nicksh Active Member

...because I just said I didn't like the new version? and I could scour online for the originals, but I would like the chance to try on the exact ones I want to buy in store so I know the exact pair I'm getting I love (I'm picky this way sometimes), which I would've had the chance to do if they hadn't changed them.

the ankle shafts were slim, yes, but they stretch out pretty nicely if you sized correctly. shame. hopefully this doesn't last.

9. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

but you said you tried the old version on?

10. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

What happened there?

11. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

^ The classic black raws now have massive knees and thighs compared to the 2013 ones. My advice to anybody that likes the skinny jeans would be to grab the mid waist while you can as they are very close to the AW 13 ones (I actually slightly prefer them). Be sure to size down though.

12. Ali Mir

Ali Mir Member

Just got my hands on a pair of barely used AW13 Wyatts.

Do you guys know if it's possible to send the boots in for repair at my own cost to YSL when the soles are worn out?

[​IMG]

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

If they look looser to you in the photos, trust your eyes, but Ssense product copy is not a credible basis for much of anything -- for years they described almost every pair of trousers as "pleated," including flat-front pants, which don't have any pleats.

15. nicksh

nicksh Active Member

yeah, a few weeks ago when I wasn't monetarily ready to purchase them. tried them on for size to see what I'd need when I was ready, probably sometime in the fall, but I'm not as interested in the most recent iteration. wasn't expecting it to change so much. maybe I just need to head back to the store and see them in person, idk.

@Ali Mir , any good cobbler should be able to repair worn soles. where'd you come up on those?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015