Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I think since I got into Hedi Slimane vision, it has changed my mind and the way I think when I see peoples outfits...

Sometimes I admire peoples jeans or outfit and think I could wear it too, but then I look up to the face and its a women.

2. AB77

AB77 Senior member

Stacks only work in skinny jeans, any other cut will make you look sloppy, especially loose fitting jeans.

I agree with Thom Browne / Nick Wooster...they do that for their slim & straight cut or in Nick's case mainly loose fitting pants. I used to wear my pants with my ankle showing all the time.
    I used to hate stacks but recently when I started getting into Julius & SLP the assistant actually told me about it & I must say it does make me look taller. Again ONLY work for skinny jeans IMO.

3. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Nah man, I'm 1.73 cm and stacks make me look like a midget. They are a must in avantgarde clothing like julius but with SLP or any other skinny denim cropped skinny with low shafted boots or creepers and hemmed without stacks skinny denim with high shafted boots are the way to go imo. It is the same exact thing women do with skinny jeans to look taller - pinrolling the hems, making them cropped,etc

4. youngnirvana

youngnirvana Member

lol

5. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

This is what my thinking was, as well. Even with skinny jeans, stacks are stacks--seems inevitable they'll make it look like the jeans are too long.

EDIT: On that note: anyone know if the SLP store in Paris will do complimentary hemming? Really don't want to ask that question in-store--just seems too gauche.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

6. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

hedi's a genius, reading the recent interviews confirms it. he thinks about this stuff in a way most designers don't.

stacks are going to help you if you're short, they make your legs look longer.

the d01's look great. underrated jeans that work way better for short/built people. many people don't understand that proportionally you'll get the skinny sl look better with d01's than d02's if you don't have a super skinny build.

hey look, sl effed up the chain wyatts.

http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

7. AB77

AB77 Senior member

BTW if you are 5'5 & stacking your jeans with inseams of 34" which is the standard length of most SLP jeans then its way too long.
    If you hem your jeans barefoot & one inch off the ground, you will have stacks when you are wearing your boots.

I had another skinny jeans hemmed to my boots & its makes me look stumpier & I'm 5'8. Remember women generally have longer legs to torso ratio anyway.

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Great interview. Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Chain boots looks shit - massive shaft and two piece construction. Looks like all the wyatts are fucked now (chelsea is too and the regular harness). Shame as the original designs were perfect.

10. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

I LOVE all the Nashville fit pics in this thread... Are these readily stocked at the Rodeo store? Thinking I may have to bite the bullet on one of my cards and snag one.

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ good god those wyatts look awful.

12. Asian

Asian New Member

Before I offer up on it, there aren't Hawaiian Shirt fakes are there? If there are ill just post a LC.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

13. Asian

Asian New Member

Looks really nice man. Good pickup

14. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

My favourite part was when he said he use to get bullied cause of his frame, but instead of wearing baggy clothes to hide it, he took inspiration from a few rock stars and started to wear even more tighter.

I think he conveys this in his collections both from Dior and his full vision at SLP, and i think its very respectful so many fans of the two labels and he was somehow able to transfer this way of thinking through his clothing lines into the true wearers head (the Saint Laurent boy is a girl etc), even us fans here we love to wear exaggerated cut that Hedi is known for and the tighter the better, not caring about what others think, its like a mirror image of his childhood put upon the millions of SLP wearers.

15. nicksh

nicksh Active Member

I don't know, I tried on the wyatts a couple of weeks ago and they seemed amazing. shaft was still nice and slim and everything, hugged the ankle. maybe I tried a previous season pair, idk, but I think it could just be those LVR pics that are off?