• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score

FW15 Nashville
FW13 waxed
FW15 French cracked leather chelsea

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is really great. Lots of good looks and tres active.

Prudy how tall are you, 6'7"?

:)

Last edited:

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Prudy, that looks really good. You have the perfect shape and proportions for SLP. How tall are the french boots and how comfortable would you consider them?

Edit: I'm silly. A quick google would show their 85mm. But are they comfortable!? :)

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
Hey, thanks - they are actually very comfortable. Way more comfortable leather than my santiags or wyatts. The heel height is still something I need to get familiar with, however - as expected, I don't normally wear 3" heels.

But, yeah - all the French boots I've tried on from FW15 have been very comfortable and fit TTS.

@SirGrotius Hey, I wish :)

Last edited:

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering the beret, I'm a little worried I'll look dorkish in it but all the photos I've seen of it look so cool. Has anyone tried one on yet?

AB77

Reaction score
All -

How do you clean/wash your waxed/coated denim?

I just washed mine inside out, cold & hand wash/ gentle setting in washing machine.
All turn out good, however its removed most of the wrinkling on my FW15 crinkle waxed jeans.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@AB77 I'm really wanting to try those boots. How is the fit? I'm hoping the shaft is slimmer than my newer Wyatt's

AB77

Reaction score
@AB77 I'm really wanting to try those boots. How is the fit? I'm hoping the shaft is slimmer than my newer Wyatt's

They fit true to size & you can see from the photo the shaft fits nicely into 15.5 cm leg opening. You can actually unzip them down & gives it more room if you want to tuck in your jeans.

slann01

Reaction score
Feedback appreciated. Still trying to figure out a way to diminish the tie length to make it hit above the waist while wearing mid-waisted jeans.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feedback appreciated. Still trying to figure out a way to diminish the tie length to make it hit above the waist while wearing mid-waisted jeans.

Not related to tie length but I think cropped 2013 leather jacket would look really good on you and really show off your leg:torso ratio

slann01

Reaction score
uh, just tie it shorter? =/

How does a student afford this much SLP though ;o

If I try to tie it shorter the slimmer piece of the tie (the one that's concealed, don't know if there's a specific word for it) will pop out from the bottom.

Not related to tie length but I think cropped 2013 leather jacket would look really good on you and really show off your leg:torso ratio

Thanks man, but what's this biker you're thinking of? from fall winter 2013? or spring summer capsule collection

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads