1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior Member

Thanks guys :) makes the price easier to swallow [​IMG] I agree SirGrotius it's a tad longer but the way I rationalised it to myself is I'd half get the look of the oversized flannel for free heheh.

kevineg6 - the jodphurs are exact same colour as the SS15 iteration - 'cigare'.

The most accurate representation of the colour being on the official website (bear in mind this links to SS15 with white stitching and gold coloured buckle):

http://www.ysl.com/gb/shop-product/...odhpur-boot-in-cigar-suede_cod44764572pg.html

With the less accurate representations that makes it look darker/more ocher coloured elsewhere:

http://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/saint_laurent/cigar-suede-jodhpur-boots/591696
    http://www.matchesfashion.com/products/Saint-Laurent-Suede-chelsea-boots-1023104
    https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/saint-laurent/tan-suede-hedi-ankle-boots/1251803

2. AB77

AB77 Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Recently purchased the FW15 waxed creased low waisted jeans. To my surprise, I fit size 30. Usually I wear 31-32 in SL Skinny. There's plenty of stretch in the fabric & its very lightweight.

[​IMG]

3. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior Member

@ohyehhh Nashville looks great man. I got one as well but haven't worn it yet.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

All -

How do you clean/wash your waxed/coated denim?

5. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Handwash in the sink with cold water. I heard that other people wash them reversed in the washer, but i never had the courage to do that.
    Today I put a fit with my fw14 teddy blazer - i think it would have looked better with the creepers but they were at the cobbler so i chose the wyatts instead:
    [​IMG]

6. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

pout game skrrrrong(love the wyatts tho!)

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ love the plaid. Always wanted to find that in the hunter green size 48 but never did...

8. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior Member

@slann: This is gonna sound creep and weird, but you're incredibly good looking :p

blazer does look 2 sizes too large though

9. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Ahaha man i needed to search what that word meant, sorry for the strange face but i wasn't making that up lol, it's my normal expression.
    Thanks man - you are speaking of the green one with velvet inserts at the end of the sleeves or my exact one but with green tartan plaid? never seen that version around
    Thanks for the compliments man :) As for the jacket, i think the fit is perfect, as it is tagged as a size 42(!) but fits oversized and my shoulders are exactly in the same place of other blazers i own. On the other side, the length of the sleeves is definitely too much but that's just because i'm pretty short, still on the fence about tailoring them to be a bit shorter.

10. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior Member

Are you sure its EU42 (XXS)? Because I think Saint Laurent doesnt make smaller than 44 =/ I might be wrong though. The sides look fine, but I think you should defo shorten the sleeves. The length of the blazer is also a tad too long :p SLP is all about that crop, crop, crop :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015

11. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Yes, saint laurent makes some garments in 42, like some leather jackets and sometimes oversized items like this blazer. As for the lenght, it is intended to be longer than a normal blazer to achieve the teddy boy look from the end of the 50's: https://cdna.lystit.com/photos/73de...et-product-1-20563081-4-471274668-normal.jpeg
    and here's the other that was probably mentioned by https://cdnb.lystit.com/photos/6cf1...1-21914258-4-161352713-normal_large_flex.jpeg@Prudy

12. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior Member

Ah. It looks beautiful, maybe you should wear it open :p

Im having so much trouble hunting down slim fit items in XS, nobody ever seems to stock them....

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

yeah, the solid green one not plaid...

14. therattler

therattler Senior Member

@slann01 what is the site you're using for those pics? do you have AW13? if so, I'd love to have a look through em

15. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Just got them through Google images, they are old stock photos from Mr. Porter and luisaviaroma listings.