Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. calbear95

calbear95 Member

Hey y'all - I've been lurking for a while and picked these 5 zip raw denim D02's from the store in Beverly Hills in a size 31. I've been working all summer to finally fit into a pair of Saint Laurent skinny jeans and I still need sizing help...
    When I tried the 5 zip on in the store, they were pretty tight but at home, they actually look sort of loose...see pics below.
    Should I size down for my next pair of raw denim skinny fits? Or should I continue to buy size 31 for the skinny raws? I'm considering purchasing a non-raw denim, so I know to size down for those already from my size in the raws. Check out the *racy* fit pics below - I took them at the angle where you can see how much room there is around my waist. Lmk if you think I'm a size 31 in the raws (pictured) or if I should take a size 30 for raws.

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

2. sepp

sepp Senior member

I think you need to post a full body pic in order for us to tell how the jeans fit. [​IMG]

3. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

hey guys, the new destroyeds fit maybe half a size to a full size big at the waist. through the leg they're skinny (but not super skinny). i like them quite a bit, the tone of the wash is less acid than the old destroyeds, so they're more of a true blue tone. the rips are more subtle, so they begin to make the old destroyeds look a bit overdone, and they tend to give off a more euro than west coast rock vibe. according to my gf they're more sophisticated (if you can decode that :). i'll post pics later.

those jeans are (way) big. with raws (or any D02, mostly) you should be able to barely not close the top button.

4. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Which^^

@calbear95
    I size jeans based on my thigh and not my waist.

Normally I go the tightest size my thigh will fit into

5. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

They're going to be too big at least for a skinny look. On top of that, are you still losing weight? If you're still at it, definitely size down to 30.

6. calbear95

calbear95 Member

Thanks guys for the feedback. The 31's I have measure 84 cm around the waist. I just saw online that the 30's measure 80 cm, which seems like a big difference. Nonetheless, the 31's sag a bit in the back and when I sit down, the back of the jeans ride down rather than hug the hips. I have attached some better leg fit pics. Do you think I have room in the thighs to size down to 30?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. leclutchjames

Yes it seems like your thighs will be able to fit 30s

I thought you had the probably I had, waist will be a tad big like your pics, but jeans are skin tight on thighs [​IMG]

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Go by feel can you get a smaller size over your calves/thighs? Those look way too loose I think you can do it...

[​IMG]

9. calbear95

calbear95 Member

Hey guys, so I went to the YSL store and tried on the 30's...a world of difference. The waist and the thighs fit a lot better. I know this sounds stupid...but never in a million years did I think I would ever fit into a size 30 jean, yet alone a YSL skinny fit! However, I can't sit in them/it's superrrrr tight - is it worth exchanging for the 30 if it's going to be tough to sit in them? Or is it better to just keep the 31's and have the waist brought in after it stretches? Fit pic below:

[​IMG]

Also, how the heck do people wear these Saint Laurent lace-ups? Bought them in January but have never worn them because the lacing is tough/the strap is so tight! DO people tuck in jeans into these high tops or just let them fall naturally?

[​IMG]

10. leclutchjames

@calbear95You might be able to do 29 lol

As far as the shoes. Let your pants stop at the top since they have all those straps. I guess you can just let them stack or do a nice cuff or 3

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fw14 biker
    sisters
    fw16 trash denim
    bronze clous
    chain wyatt

the rule for sizing sl is pretty simple get the smallest pair you can barely just NOT button. those are waaay too big and should try to size down every further, even the 30 is big and you should try a 29 or even 28.

12. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

@calbear95 The great thing about most SL hi tops is that you can tuck jeans into the sneaker, stack jeans off the top of them or lace the sneakers all the way up and pull the jeans over them making the sneaker look like a low top. With that pair specifically I would stacked the jeans at the top to show off all the detail. Hem the length of your jeans to amount of stacking you personally prefer.

13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i tuck my jeans and lace the bottom two on the top three nice and tight

14. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

15. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

I recently bought a new pair of white lows but gosh darn it, this is mighty tempting.
    I recently bought a new pair of white lows but gosh darn it, this is mighty tempting. I hate you, but love you at the same time for sharing this. The Dries Van Noten slip-ons are a steal too. Alcohol and "window shopping" is never a good combination. #UGH