1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bows1

bows1 Senior member

You don't understand man! Hedi's genius is present in all of these items, he's rejecting design and now just producing un-embellished standard products as a rebellion to todays norms.

4 people like this.
  2. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

I don't think we're really Hedi's target audience here... prices seem to be directed solely toward big timers.

3. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

The SLP stuff is aimed squarely at the tumblr hypeboys and I think it will do well there. It's pretty disappointing though, I know it's not cool to like Dior Homme anymore but this whole collection is really terrible in comparison.

The jeans look impossibly skinny on the ssense model.

4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

A lot of this stuff sold wayyy early (October) on the website for pre-order somehow.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  6. Mesta

Mesta Senior member

The fit is indeed terrible but none of the jeans fit on ssense are good on that model... Dude has a flat ass.

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

He is actually an amputee with broomsticks for calves.

More seriously, I'm pretty sure he has modelled shorts for Ssense and I can't say his legs were memorably creepy looking, so I guess the jeans are just brutally slim and he's not quite filling them out. 16cm hem is going to be a disaster on sizes above 31-32.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

The F/W runway show was a bit too much for me, but as an aside when I went to their website I saw new items available for this season and like them A LOT. For instance,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. colabear

colabear Senior member

I like this show.

old colapic
    [​IMG]

Saint Laurent Fall 2013 look
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

So I picked up those black "raw" skinny jeans. They're MIJ and have a 16cm leg opening. That said, they seem to have a little stretch in them, so no problem getting them on. I went with my normal size 28, as I didn't see a 27 available anywhere and didn't feel the need to size down. Will post some pics later. I love 'em. Very rock n' roll, but in a dressier sense.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  11. bolimachine69

bolimachine69 Active Member

Hello:

I am new in the forum.

Sorry for my poor english. I have just picked up a pair of raw SLP jeans on a boutique in Madrid.

They are as long as DH raw but completly different about tone (when I bought the jeans I was wearing my MIJ raw and the colour is different).

I have picked up raw 19 cm (you can see on the tag of the jeans) and I have bought the same size than on my MIJ raw (29).

I think they are thinner than DH. I didn´t see raw on 17,5 or 16 but I prefer in 19cm; 17,5 could be thinner but also baggier and 16 cm is too skinny for me.

12. jcep

jcep Senior member

Hi,

I hope everyone is well. I wanted to join this thread with a question. Many of you have voiced that this collection is overhyped and something that has been done before. Truthfully I am someone that doesn't much follow the trends but when I consume "fashion brands" it is in hopes that the pricetag will match the quality of the garment both in terms of material and in quality control (i.e. nothing will fall apart without abuse and zippers, etc which fail will be of YKK or riri quality, etc.) and because I also like a garment in particular.

I am a fan of the more conservative and found this jacket to my liking (wont attached as I don't own it) but after hearing your comments, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a similar jacket that you like or have experience this or if this is one of those cases where I should just buy what I like since other things won't really get close to it.

thanks

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

PC makes a very similar jacket that's a quarter of the price

Search for "Varsity jackets"

14. Teger

Teger Senior member

saint laurent is basically spurr with higher prices and worse quality

2 people like this.
  15. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Yes, so I went to the NYC store and checked out some of the suits. I wasn't quite impressed with the quality and the guy was telling me they fit slimmer than DH, but I did not find that to be so (I think he was trying to sell me a size higher than my normal because that's what they had in stock, which I found pretty low brow). Quality of the overall pieces doesn't scream DH to me at all, although the leathers SLP uses seems very supple. The sneakers are definitely what seems to be selling best.

16. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

SLP is apparently made at the same factory Balenciaga has its men's suiting made so if you like the later I think it is made to about the same standard.

17. jcep

jcep Senior member

Thanks for the report SirGrotius and Fuuma. SirGrotius, any opinion on how these compared to Common Projects? Same thing higher price just about?

18. bows1

bows1 Senior member

^^ and worse design

19. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I'd say about the same although SLP leather seems a touch better to me.

Are Balenciaga suits half canvassed? I suspected the SLP suit I tried was half canvassed, but the SA assured me it was full (he kept on saying "lined" so I don't think he knew what I was referencing). Dior still does fully canvassed, seemed to have much more hand stitching, and better fabrics, hence my previous comment.

That said, i think Balenciaga suits have an insane cut and are going to be less expensive than Dior by a grand.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  20. bolimachine69

bolimachine69 Active Member

After a few days wearing the jeans I have to say that I am very dissappointing with them.

I bought a raw model in the 19 cm version (I am 1,82 cm and weight 74 kg, so I am slim, but I prefer not to go for skinny version; and 17,5cm have a rise bigger and tend to be baggier for me).

But after a week wearing the jeans I don´t like how they fit; the material is completly different to DH mij raw (not 100% cotton). I bought the same size than MIJ raw but they are tighter on the thighs, and wider on the hem (something I hate).

So if anyone is thinking between DH or SLP (because Hedi slimane is in SLP) i have to recommend to go to DH.

Anyone knows if the 19 cm version is selvage version?