Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. therattler

therattler Senior member

@neonrider that's my biggest question re: couture - who will hedi dress? I don't doubt he'll retain his integrity, but it's hard to imagine who will be the legit people wearing YSL on red carpets etc. It's not like the libertines ever made it to the grammys. Also, i'm jealous of those python santiags. I was hoping a 42 would pop up in the sale, but they didn't.

looking good oak. I have one of the long babycat scarves, but i find it damn hard to wear. so much so that its basically my girl's now. plus it whips around in the wind so much is a pain in the ass. i much prefer my cashmere/silk bandada scarf, which looks real good just draped under a leather/blazer/coat.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  2. mugatu

mugatu Senior member

^ The Libertines?!! LOL.. this ain't 2006 anymore.. Beck won best 2015 album at the Grammies this year.. personal friend/muse of Hedi.. he's even appeared in SLP campaigns... same thing with Daft Punk.. they won best album last year. You can't pick up any magazine or check any fashion blog without a celeb in SLP. I seriously wouldn't worry about who hedi will dress. you can be sure there will be way higher demand then offer. It's probably going to end up mainly a Friends & Family thing. Couture is not even about making sales. Most houses don't profit from it. it is purely about prestige and pushing the limit creative wise. Anyways pretty sure the SLP atelier remains in LA. The YSL Couture is a separate entity, just like other houses that do RTW + HC..

3. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@needhelp123 unfortunately I did no try the sweater...just the black and red scarf . The sweater looks really nice in person though.

@therattler thanks. I bet your gf is ok with getting to rock the baby cat haha. I'm thinking about a baby cat as well but think it may be a pain in the ass with the length to.

4. therattler

therattler Senior member

The point about the libertines was to refer to that sort of underground scene that hedi drew inspiration from. obviously that won't be who he's dressing now. Even now his musical references are pretty obscure: Corners, Ty Segall, that Sam Flax dude - are they going to be wearing numbered YSL pieces? If it's going to be Daft Punk and Josh Homme, it's less interesting than dressing Pete Doherty was back in 2005.

5. TRICK20

TRICK20 Member

[​IMG]

IMO Carl Barat is still a friend of Hedi :) he visited the SLP runway shows and wore this leather jacket at Glastonbury 2015

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Got the mid-waist. From the knee down they are great - no ridiculous looseness in the knees like on the low waist this season, and I would say they're as skinny as the AW13 ones. However above the knee they're really loose on me so I'm going to send back the 29 and grab a 28 instead - hopefully they'll be perfect then. The mid waist isn't much different looking to the regular low waist. I can barely see a difference but they're nicely cut so worth having.

7. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

[​IMG]

Taken from the FB Page:

JONNY PIERCE FROM THE DRUMS IN SAINT LAURENT "SUNSET" COUTURE MADE TEDDY JACKET / LISBON JULY 2015

Obviously Jonny can't afford a couture jacket, so maybe Hedi will hand them out to those he deems worthy?

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

People say that like its a problem, but I'd rather have Hedi deeming people worthy than insiders and critics (aka money). Why should some brainless celebutante or worse war criminal's trophy mistress have access to couture instead of a musician or actor or writer who actually inspires and does truly interesting things? It loses money either way, so.

Frankly I think it's very revealing of money-obsessed the fashion industry became that this is seen as a threat that fashion types are outraged about rather than a return to the point of an atelier.

The new blue rips are also big at the waist.

9. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@kieran84 cool glad you like 'em. I considered a 28 as well but I think i am about 2cm wider than you in the thighs/hips/waist so I stuck w/ 29s and will shrink them down a half size in the wash if needed. I always have this problem, I am usually right in between sizes...

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah they're really cool.

I can't usually manage a 28, but in these I'm pretty sure it will be possible. Will probably need to be careful not to wash them hot though.

11. therattler

therattler Senior member

This is exactly what I'm hoping for and suggests good things.

12. slann01

slann01 Senior member

That's really awesome. I hope he will provide these couture garments especially to the members of rock bands/indie rock scene.

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It seems that Hedi is going to do the same thing that he did in his Dior Homme days, which is to style specific celebrities, and that this will be used as marketing to actually sell the clothes. After all, he was not hired to do a vanity project. He is at SLP because he brings cachet and $$$ to the company. I could easily see the couture pieces going to extremely wealth patrons, as has always been the case with Couture, and then RTW version being made to sell to the general public.

14. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

How did people size for the red snap flannel?

Size M fits me perfectly bar across the chest where it snags and because of the vertical line pattern in the fabric its pretty obvious. I figured maybe it would stretch over time but even then it will probably look off.

So do people recommend I size up to L? I don't mind it having an 'oversized' look but I'm not sure whether it will look shit if the shoulders are completely off, or whether that is part of the look (ref neonrider saying the top block even in oversized is cut precisely).

Part of me thinks sizing up one will look OK because it will be compensated with 15.5 skin tight-ish jeans and wyatts/jodhpurs.

Any advice?

15. therattler

therattler Senior member

I tried both a S and a M, the M didn't look good oversized, i thought especially because it was meant to be slim. I hear you about the pulling across the chest, but I just do as hedi does on the runway and unbutton a few buttons and it's all good.