• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neonrider

Reaction score
that's very true unouomedude, my fav hedi leather is probably still my aviator jacket from navigate. it's much more 'hedi thought this up' than 'here's a perfecto jacket slimmed down by hedi'. it looks better after almost ten years than my sl leathers do after one. frankly i wish he'd do a pair of waxed jeans like the classic dh waxed clawmarks.

sepp

Reaction score
The SLP in my area has wound up, I believed SLP terminated the agency ship. Went in on the second last day to see if there are anything worthwhile to grab on high discount.

Nothing much actually. They didn't carry any of the destroyed jeans that I am looking for. The moto leather jeans was like in size 36 and a big guy bought it. LOL!

Still looking for light blue destroyed. Do let me know if any of you guys wanna sell or find a genuine item on the net.

Prudy

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested I just learned that Nordstrom will be, as of SS16, carrying SLP and is actually building out an SLP 'store within Nordstrom' complete with correct branding, etc. and that they will carry a large selection of RTW. This would put them in line with a place like Selfridges, for example.

Prudy

Reaction score

The reason I still love and cherish Hedi's DH over SLP is because it was Hedi's new 'modern' creation that he made from scratch. SLP currently feels like "History channel presents Rock Fashion History: Abridged by Hedi Slimane". I can't wait for Slimane to move on to "modern" clothing instead of retro-inspired clothing. Here's a video of Hedi fitting his friend Casey Spooner for a custom DH luster suit
I think we're just splitting on aesthetics/style preferences, here. I agree that what Hedi created was newish at Dior and there was definitely a lot of experimentation (hence the unevenness of it IMO). I guess I appreciate the Dior stuff for the time/circumstances in which it was created but at the end of the day I just don't actually want to wear much of it. IMO I also think that it is much more dated-looking than the Hedi-era SLP stuff in a lot of ways. Anyway, in 60 years someone will be making classic 90s/2000-era Dior Homme-influenced clothing that everyone will be saying is either 1) revisionist or 2) brilliant, finally someone's making the clothes I want to wear again.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree.

It's pretty similar to DH AW 2004 - SS 2006 anyway, but with better cuts (jeans for example were not skinny enough at DH). I know everyone raves about the early DH, but for me that stuff doesn't interest me as it just looks stupid like a costume. The later stuff and today's SLP actually looks cool. And it wasn't all new really as he was taking a lot of influence from Berlin's electronic scene at that time.

tkss

Reaction score
What size should i get for the mid waisted jeans if im a 30 in the black knee rips?

PS: anyone saw any SS15 black fedora hat in stores? I lost mine last night.
angry.gif

neonrider

Reaction score
I think you really had to kind of be there for Dior in the golden days. It's hard to express what a wasteland fashion was at the time. Especially men's fashion. The idea of youthful luxe for this generation (bikers, raw denim, etc) didnt really exist. Luxe then was basically old man power suits and campy costume. It was really a revelation for those of who'd grown up wearing this stuff, and could finally have beautifully made versions of it, instead of having to look like our boring uncles slash bosses. Watching Luster go down the runway if you'd grown up remotely cool was electrifying.

What is interesting is that the more sophisticated and powerful Hedi's vision got, the more he got viciously panned by critics and fashion types. As scanner pointed out, a big chunk of men's fashion is essentially just still playing off his last Dior collection. To the point where he just said **** this noise.

Last edited:

therattler

Reaction score
I totally agree neon. I was a bit late to the party around 2005, but DH was the only stuff that was remotely cool.

By the way, neon, what do you think of the couture move?

neonrider

Reaction score
i think it's a great idea. i'd think of it partly as a move to disempower the stylist industry that's killing taste in fashion. this way hedi can design pieces for people that are actually cool, interesting, etc, the way they're meant to be worn. thus it will prevent sl from becoming a brand that people with too much money and too little taste destroy, like happened to gucci, or lv. which is really the main danger in luxury these days. there's no surer signal of a luxe brand's imminent demise than oversaturation with celebs and stylists. i'n pretty impressed by kering actually as a company, their strategy's pretty smart on many levels. they should just make hedi creative director for the whole thing and be done with it, their other designers can't compete already (i.e. alexander wang).

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys gonna pretend Helmut Lang, Raf, Jil, etc weren't doing interesting things?

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
sure, but they stopped.

fw14 biker
blood luster
destroyed
python santiag

Last edited:

OakGhost

Reaction score
Went and grabbed the Nashville shirt which I am really happy with and got to try on some new items. Was really liking the velvet blazer and while it was fun trying the 85mm French I would get serious use of the 60mm ankle strap. Pics do little justice... But they are very comfortable and easy to walk in. I also like the the shaft is slimmer than my Wyatt's as I tailor all my denim down to 13cm.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deally want a babycat or black and red stripe long scarve but so expensive!

I see you tried the red blak sweat mine should cone 1 or.2 more days how is it?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads