1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. scanner

scanner Senior Member

Wow that's a great point of view, Didn't think of it that way. Definitely makes things more exciting and interesting if that's the case.
    I think it's been mentioned before but he has pretty much covered most ground on RTW from the 50's (and maybe even 40's) up to the 90's and even mid aught's. He's already semi retired from fashion quite a few times and I'm positive Kering won't let him go anytime soon so he might have convinced them to make this move. Makes me even more curious what he has up his sleeve.

On a side note, I recently saw someone upload the 2007 Luisa Via Roma catalog and I was amazed at how much his last collection at Dior Homme influenced the darker goth ninja type stuff. While his time at Saint Laurent looks closer to 2007 Neil Barrett (aside from the obvious genre inspired collections).

2. Asian

Asian New Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@scanner ^^ I'm an optimist so take my opinion with a grain of salt :)

That sounds cool, do you happen to have a link to that 2007 catalog?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

4. scanner

scanner Senior Member

5. scanner

scanner Senior Member

Also, the pricing makes me sad haha

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@scanner thanks!

Everyone always raves about the DH stuff and it's great but I still like the overall SLP style aesthetic better. Prices are definitely better in 2007 :)

7. scanner

scanner Senior Member

I agree there are some nice pieces in DH, but it's a bit all over the place. I can see why he might have wanted to leave if they forced the brand to put out certain items that have nothing to do with the big pieces. Luckily, SLP is more consistent in that regard. I do love that second DH Leather Jacket though and can easily see it in current SLP. The pricing makes it all the more bittersweet.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

OK, I couldn't resist these any longer. If you guys don't hear from me for a week or so it's because I've fallen and injured myself trying to walk in these (a few Campari's may have been consumed), please call 911.

[​IMG]

9. golfsierra

golfsierra Member

Don't forget to tape your ankles up lol

10. ejsc421

ejsc421 Member

Random question but just wondering, how does L01 compare to L17 in terms of fit? Do they fit the same?

11. Asian

Asian New Member

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015

12. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

goth ninjas have been ripping hedi's last dh collection for almost a decade, it's pretty funny. as for couture, it's a good thing and so is the exclusivity, a very smart strategy for kerning. sl leathers and denim aren't even close in quality to the dh stuff, it's kind of a shame kerning's factories aren't as good. the cuts have changed by centimeters, but really, what he's doing is very much the same thing, just look at the old collections compared to the new.

something about that leather that looks off, i'd ask for (a lot) more pics.

looks great prudy, that yellow stripe top is such a great piece.

13. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

14. unouomedude

unouomedude Member

The reason I still love and cherish Hedi's DH over SLP is because it was Hedi's new 'modern' creation that he made from scratch. SLP currently feels like "History channel presents Rock Fashion History: Abridged by Hedi Slimane". I can't wait for Slimane to move on to "modern" clothing instead of retro-inspired clothing.

Here's a video of Hedi fitting his friend Casey Spooner for a custom DH luster suit

[​IMG]

15. samthemann

samthemann Member

This is a really bad fake. I have 2 of these up on ebay right now if you need to check pictures for comparison, but the leather and stud sizes are a dead giveaway.