1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ExAngel

ExAngel Well-Known Member

and wow.. that looks ALMOST identical to this -

[​IMG]
    Silent Damir Doma Jesve - Right down to the zipper with a different pull. The leather varies on the Damir and SLP looks to have a few extra panels sewn in, but its made in italy / 100% lambskin and costs about $1000. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes straight out of the same factory. The silent looks longer in Farfetches pictures so it's possible that SLP's has a shorter cropped cut.

As far as comparing to Rick, you can't compare. Rick is a much more aggressive cut, the leather is much heavier and untreated and doesn't have ribbed cuffs and neck, as well as includes 2 massive inside pockets big enough to hold an iPad and a 22 ouncer.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

3. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on the Doma. All sold out in my size, unfortunately. I think the SLP looks a bit trimmer in the body. But I can't really tell.

I didn't know that about the heaviness of the RO leathers. I do like the aggressive cuts. Plenty of his stuff I'd never be able to pull off. But some of the simpler moto or Mollinos I might.

Cheers.

4. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

most guys here seem to have the L17 jacket (perfecto) does anyone have the L01 ?
    they have it on luisavioroma but i dont like the model they use at all... is the L01 a lot slimmer than the L17?

5. iroq

iroq Member

hows SL's leather quality? some of it looks really nice but havnt had the chance to handle any of it.

6. AlexanderTG

I'm having a real hard time trying to talk myself out of that lambskin bomber.

I wouldn't be afraid to wear it, it would probably be my favorite jacket. But, man, it would be a drag if it turned out to be a fragile piece. The biker jackets seem to be a different case but I just don't think It's me.

Looking for some rational rationalizations. ;)

Oh, and anyone ever get follow ups for after-purchase fees dealing with Far Fetch in the US?

7. LoganH

LoganH New Member

Currently on the hunt for Saint Laurent glitter ankle boots. If anyone knows where I could find these used/new it would be greatly appreciated .

8. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

SLP appreciation. Basically what I wear when I do not want to put thought into my outfit.

[​IMG]

SLP Classic Biker Leather
    SLP Jeans
    Random Baller Hi Tops

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Alexander, the SLP leather bomber looks amazing! I would be all over that if it were in 44. I'm assuming you're looking at the 48?

Anyway, i think the SLP leather looks better than the RO leather, call me crazy. It looks perfect if you want to mix it up between business, elegant evenings out, and then more bad-ass with a t-shirt underneath for the weekend.

The RO wouldn't be something you could wear in certain situations, but maybe you don't care. It is much more aggressive, obviously and the skinny arms are great.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Post more often again please.

11. AlexanderTG

Thanks for your post, Sir G.

I think I would need a 44/54. Not 100% certain how the sizing runs. But I'm hesitant right at the moment because I carry a messenger most days and would feel pretty bummed if I ruined a 3.5k jacket from the wear of the strap. That leather looks pretty fragile. I like the RO exactly because the leather is thicker (so I've heard). But man, the SLP is a beauty.

12. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

Are those 15.5 cm or 17.5 cm?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  13. ExAngel

I don't think the leather on the SLP is going to be that thin to be honest. RO leather varies from thin and flimsy (what you find on my habit) to on par with SLP moto/riders, really your best bet is to buy it and try it out and if it doesn't work out, return it and bite the $30-$50 shipping fee. Small price to pay on a $3k jacket anyway.

A lot of people have said SLP leather's aren't very impressive but I don't agree, I think most of their offerings are about as good as you can get.

14. Ariiam

Ariiam Well-Known Member

I've handled SLP leathers quite a few times.

The Classic lamb leather to me is actually quite thick (as far as lamb goes), very soft and beautifully made.

It might not take scruffs very well (they will stay and show), but that's what gives leathers their characteristics. But it will definitely not be damaged in the sense of being torn

15. AlexanderTG

1. Very cool. Thanks. I may bite the bullet and grab it when Far Fetch gets back to me regarding their "French Sizing." Can a French 50 really equal a US 44? If so I may have found my new favorite jacket. Will post pics. Gotta talk my wallet into opening that wide first. ;)

16. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

17.5cm

17. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

Check out the measurements on Mr Porter more reliable than Farfetch I find.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/410858

18. Ariiam

Ariiam Well-Known Member

Do you guys think the classic biker (L01) is a true classic, or so cropped as to become a seasonal, trendy item?

19. ExAngel

Your answer can be found in the last 60 - 80 years of film and music culture