Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

my pics are blown out, so the true color is not as bright. its probably close to scanner's pic above. it's hard to pin down though, it looks different in different lights. the same is true for the red flannels. i think the only way to know for sure is via color codes.

2. creepinatshirt

creepinatshirt Well-Known Member

Anybody have fit pics of the knee rips? Not the destroyed. Thinking about getting a pair.

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Then they might all be the same. I was hoping for the bright blue they had on ysl. The fabric also felt a bit too light for the price point. If the Barneys one is the same blue I saw today prob won't keep it. This collection so far has become a dud for me. Really disappointed in the things I was interested in.

4. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

hey, i'd say that the color is pretty true to the ysl pic...in sunlight or studio light. in low light it's duller. it's a complex color way, i'd try it. that said i find myself buying way more perm collection than seasonal stuff these days.

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The color I saw was drastically different. It was a totally different shade. I'm ok with it being duller but the color I saw was closer to a sky blue

6. Gustave

Gustave Member

they're the same, it just look diff under diff level of light. I think the red plaid and grey plaid this season the color will look slightly diff than fw13 as well.
    take a look of "icvcss" post at page 365, the plaid shirt looks royal blue but in fact it looks more neon in real item.
    look at the receipt "icvcss" posted it has the same fabric code and color code as the one in ysl website. --392945 Y972 I8473
    I personally like the color in fw13 more but i think they changed it for reason.
    may be due to a diff material used in this season?
    or may be the 13fw blue are hard to be without certain level of light? like the blue part do not show a big contrast with the black color part?

by the way if i'm wearing a 38 or 39 in fw13 oversized cut plaid shirt, what size should I choose for this season ?
    since they've changed the size from number to SML I'm not sure which size should I go for when i want to make order from online shop...

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Thanks for your help. I only saw it under their light. Saw it on the show room and then tried it on. Didn't really impress me enough to drop 760 on it.

Also on the sizing, I tried a medium and the sleeves felt a bit big. I could have worn a small but I wasn't sure if the intended look was to have longer sleeves since its oversized. I normally can't fit into size small items that aren't oversized.

8. scanner

scanner Senior member

The fabric on the blue one Neon and I, I think have is not light, but substantially thicker than the red plaid but not as thick by a mile as the wool from last season. Not as soft / cashmere feeling as the red either which is slightly lighter. From what I saw, the red oversized I have wasn't picked up by YSL Stores and was only sent to independent stores. The Nashville is the one SL Boutiques got and is the same material as the Blue. I'm guessing there will be a blue with lighter fabric similar to the red one that is only sent to independent stores. The color should be the same though, maybe differing ever so slightly because of a tweak in the pattern. These shirts also have slight details that create a moire effect so the shirts will look different to everyone.

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'll post once my Barneys shirt comes in. Maybe it will look different in natural light. Wish I took pics now at the store. Was in a hurry and didn't really like it all too much to bother taking pics. Are the sleeves supposed to be a bit baggy and bunch a bit at the wrists? Trying to figure out if I want my real size of M or downsize to a S

10. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

The arms have always been a bit blowsey on the OS flannels. The blue I got from the YSL store looks the same as all the others posted other than the darker looking one on barneys website.

11. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

At least a lot skinnier than the SS15 grey D02s I picked up yesterday. Will have to take them in knee down. Anyone done this before? How much is "too much"? Advice will be much appreciated.

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@neonrider that looks great, man. I love the way the color pops out from the jacket. I saw the blue at Ave Montaigne, it's vibrant. Hoping the nashville is great as well, was planning on wearing it under a blazer or leather just like that.

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

my barneys order shipped so these have reached other retailers by now. Will post pics once it comes in. I'm assuming its the same as what I saw in the store. I'm hoping the neon / sky blue color was just due to the stores lighting. I want that royal blue hue vs a sky blue. Went with my true size, want that oversized look.

15. therattler

therattler Senior member

Guys, I bought the Nashville shirt today - it's really beautiful. The material is a bit thicker than I thought it would be, but the red looks great. Tried on the blue flannel, but OS isn't my thing I guess.

Also, got to try on a pair of the 85 French zips. Too cool. I could never wear em, nor would my girl let me. But I felt like king pimp.