Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah Prudy the peacoat is perfection. Highly recommended to anyone considering one. And yeah that blazer is awesome. I'll definitely take one of the black notch two buttons from the campaign if it's as good.

I'm expecting that the chesterfields from the runway (both the camel and the black with velvet collar) will also be perfect based on what I've tried so far. I'm not sure I can stretch to a chesterfield as well because I'm planning to buy a bag, a couple of pairs of boots, and a load of stuff from permanent collection. I'll be tempted though if they're good on me.

On the French boots, the cracked shiny leather is really nice (will age and crease up beautifully), and the shape of the toe is perfect. The ankle circumference on the side zips just isn't going to work for me though with my jeans unfortunately (doesn't help that I'm a 45 I'm sure). The sales assistant said that during the early seasons they had a lot of customers that couldn't fit the boots on their (I presume fat) ankles.

Those mid waist jeans look good and skinny - and knees don't look all bagged out like the low waist MIJ ones I got from LVR did. I've got high hopes for those based on your opinion and photos now. I'm going to try and buy as much of the stuff I like this season as I can as you never know what changes next year will bring.

Edited to add - I'm still 99% going to take a pair of the snap closure french as I like them too much to miss out on. I also suspect that the two piece construction might make the way jeans hang with them a little different (and better). I definitely like how they look in the look book (kind of wider and flatter than the chelsea or side zip versions):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  2. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ one thing about the mid rise is that they are long as hell...i might hem mine after wearing/washing but I think the fit and stacking on them is great.

The cracked leather looks awesome I will have to get a pair in some version...

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

prudy you look dope as fuck. but i gotta say, the french boots in 6cm don't do it for me like the 8.5s do. I just bought my girl a pair of the hedi boots. but she was staring down the new 3 buckle french boots - they're beautiful and we're probably going back to buy em next week.

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hey man, thanks. Yeah, the 85s are really cool but as great as they look, actually wearing them is something else entirely. I loved them on but walking in them was....crazy. Since I don't spend my life getting chauffeured around in limos and only walking in 10 meter spurts I opted for the 60s :)

I think one of the big differences between the two besides the additional 2cm is the heel aka the 85s have a more slender and concave heel which accentuates the height as well. The 60s are different but I like the 6cm height which still achieves the desired effect but is more stable. Also, I think the 60s look great from the side, honestly...they are kind of a much sleeker Wyatt with a 6cm heel.

[​IMG]

All that said, if I felt comfortable walking in the 85s I would absolutely wear them, they're fantastic.

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Tthe 5 zip denim is raw denim?

6. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

7. scanner

scanner Senior member

Yes, it is. I picked up the stained destroyed denim rerelease this weekend. Very nice details. Not sure why they didn't do the same with the new destroyed's. Nylon bomber is very cool, but very limited. I think most boutiques were only sent 2 in each size of 46 and 48 and the 48 is pretty tiny. I think most of the clothes this season are super tiny actually. The bandana shirt is great, love the sheer cotton, but the XL was about a womens medium.. Super small.
    Picked up the blue and red plaid flannels. Red is much lighter, less oversized (but quite long), feels like cashmere. Blue is a bit thicker, oversized but still fitted. Love both of them, I think they're the best iteration yet. Also picked up the perforated high tops, Great design. I was told they were a very limited run. The sizing is a bit more unique than the rest of the line. much slimmer.

8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Can you post some pics of the flannels. Curious to see what they actually look like.

9. needhelp123

should i swap my 17cm for 15.5cm plain black jeans? is the fit noticeably tighter or only little bit

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  10. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

great stuff prudy. looking forward to grabbing a pair. i love the cracked shiny leather myself, reminiscent of the glitter wyatt finish irl.

needhelp the jeans are pretty different, the 17s usually have a lower rise, a tighter waist and thigh, and obviously a bigger leg.

11. Slpbaby808

Slpbaby808 Senior member

What's up guys??
    I just got these in the mail off Ysl site
    Digging the red especially in low top.. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Are the red flannels floating around far fetch and other sites the red Nashville shirt on ysl or is it a totally different shirt? Not sure if everyone has sample pics vs the actual thing?

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ The one on FF looks different, no western details or snaps. The Nashville has two snap buttons on the breast pockets, I believe. Not sure about other retailers...

14. bennyy

bennyy Well-Known Member

Post some pics! Would love to see the peforated high tops and the rereleased stained destroyed.

15. needhelp123

Red too loud for me but damn those look good. Bout to pickup white ones myself