Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

2. bennyy

bennyy Well-Known Member

Even the 15cm fit over them, they hug the ankle area appropriately especially with the adjustable buckle in the right size. You will be good in 40

3. SaintLaurent

Sweet thanks for the help man.

4. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Plus the slope of the shaft means the 15.5 fall over just as easy/easier than wyatts. Btw I managed to size down a half to 42, vs 42.5 in my wyatts. So true to size with wyatts should be good.

By the way what colour is that? Might just be ssense lighting but it's got that ochre vibe going off .. Looks different to my cigare... Is that a fw15 release - anybody know?

5. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ bomber looks good on

6. SaintLaurent

I think it's their lighting throwing off the colour a bit, but when I get them I can post a picture of them.

7. 0JSIMPS0N

0JSIMPS0N Senior member

Yeah the SLP footwear in my experience always fits perfectly under some 15.5cm. Even the 11-hole combats fit no problem.

8. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Hi guys

Now that I know a 43 Wyatt from AW13 fits me well, what size should I go for the following? Just trying to get my sizes right when I see something up for sale

Cowboy boots from AW13

Jodhpur from AW13/14 or current season

Combats

SLP high tops

I heard the SLP high tops fit larger than tag and been told to size down?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  9. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@Prudy out of curiosity did you tailor yours? I had the hem on mine brought in from the 15cm to about 13cm but they are still more loose around the ankle compared to all my SS15 denim.

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

lots of boots and sneaker just dropped on SSENSE, including FW15 stuff

11. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Crazy, no - I haven't altered them at all. The raw hem denim from SS15 have quite a narrow hem IME but I feel like the 5 zips are essentially the same. I will compare them again tomorrow...

Edit: I also have biggish calves as i am a runner so 14cm hem is the smallest I can go.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  12. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

Has anyone had the chance to try on or buy FW15 suede wyatt's? Did they go back to the FW13 fit or is the sizing the same as FW14/SS15?

13. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@Prudy no worries, I was just curious. I'm sure after they take off a little length I'll get the fit of my SS15 denim. Thanks!

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Went to London today. I was intending to pick up the 4.5 cm French side zip boots, but unfortunately the ankle shafts were pretty massive and I had that look where the jeans are being pulled forward an inch or so out from my leg by the boots. Rather disappointing. I'm hoping that the snap closure might be better when that arrives, but even if they're not then I'll still probably pick them up as I want at least one pair of French (I was intending to get both).

Also tried the caban that I've pre-ordered online and that Prudy recently bought - perfect. Really nice quality all round and an exceptional fit. Perhaps not quite as slim as my AW13 one but very close, but with the advantage of a sleeker more elongated fit (narrower less boxy shoulders, much slimmer and shorter arms, a bit longer). I can't wait to get mine now (didn't buy as can't be arsed to cancel my pre-order in case something goes wrong).

I also tried the navy one button blazer from the runway (the one worn with the black and ivory mock neck) - also stunning. The longer length is great (it's not too much longer), and the fit with the narrow shoulders and slim waist is fantastic. I put my name down for one of the black two button ones in the longer length from the ad campaign (the one worn with the mid waist jeans and the white shirt).

It seems a lot of sizing has been improved this season so I've got high hopes for the mid waist jeans based off Prudy's reviews, hoodies have also reverted back to the slimmer fit, we just need them to do something about the ankle shafts and we'll be good!

It's a shame because with ankle shafts like the ones on the boots that have been produced (at least the ones I tried today), there's no way you can get this kind of look:

[​IMG]

15. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Interesting, Kieran! Tks for posting all that info - the duffle pea coat is fantastic, isn't it? And that one-button blazer is amazing as well.

For those interested here are 2 pics of the FW15 French 60 boots, mid rise denim and the bandana voile western shirt....way to hot for cashmere or wool stuff today.

Please ignore the stupid look on my face ;). FYI I usually take Size M or S: shirt is size M, denim size 29 and boots are TTS 43.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1797932/width/200/height/400[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1797933/width/200/height/400

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015