1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

38 is not 44.

38=15=46

37=14.5=44

3 people like this.
  2. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Now i'm confused on what sizing everyone is going by.

Anyway, I have about 6 SLP button ups, all size 16 1/2 Size 42 which is essentially XL and I wear size 50/52 in Jackets and XXL in t-shirts lol.

3. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Sigh.

EU44 = 34 (jackets) = 14.5 (Shirt collar) = XS
    EU46=36=15=S

2 people like this.
  4. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

Is the perfecto jacket still available somewhere?

5. filcol

filcol Senior member

To increase the confusion, if you come across the numbers 37 - 42 concerning shirts, it's the collar in cm, a 14.5 collar equals a 37, labled by most brands as XS. This isn't the same as the numberical jacket sizing though, so someone who wears a 37 in shirts, will most likely wear a 34 in jackets.

The confusion often happens if you have a shirt in say 38, this doesn't mean you're an 38 in jackets (M), but more 36 (S) or 34 (XS).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Yes, including the official SLP website. It's part of the permanent collection, so it should always be available.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Barney's SF still had a few last time I was in there - I'm sure other locations do too.

What's the deal with the black/indigo court high tops. They're "not available" on the website. Not released yet?

8. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually hang their denim on a daily basis from the chain near the inner tag? Curious of it's actual durability.

Picked up my second pair of designer denim with the acquisition of these SLP black MIJ 15.5s. Very excited to wear them in. A whole lot softer than my APC PS upon first wear, I'll say that much.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  9. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

It's not durable enough.
    :)

10. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

I got to try it on in Vegas last week. They had a two or three left. I tried the 48, which was surprisingly close to being perfect. I'd still probably go for the 46 though, and I would have to try both on before knowing for sure. It is just as awesome as everybody says it is. Wish I had 4k laying around.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  11. BruceWayne91

BruceWayne91 Well-Known Member

it looks awesome. how tall are you and whats your normal sweater size? was it 4k in store? online its like 5,300? :eek:

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It's the new seasons plonge lambskin, not as stiff as the older season and yes it is cheaper than the past seasons leathers.

13. filcol

filcol Senior member

Afaik the "cheapest" is the permanent collection one? It's around 3K € in EU store, while the SS14 ones are 4K €

14. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

Pretty certain that RFX is right. I was surprised to see the price on it as well. I'm fairly positive it was this one (I was at Barneys):

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...t/Product-Show?pid=503173188&cgid=men&index=0

I am 5'8" and I wear a small in sweaters. I have this one, and the small is perfect:

[​IMG]

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

There is a more expensive version leather this season (it has a bunch of extra zippers) that cost $6450 USD iirc and then there's that $4k version, which is the cheapest leather jacket I've seen from SLP so far.

16. kelice

kelice Well-Known Member

I placed a pre-order for an item on ysl.com. Today I notice the item has disappeared from the website.... Has this happened to anyone before? Do you think I will still get the item, and that they just made some mistake while updating the site, or can I forget it? Guess I won't get a definite answer before monday when the support opens again, if nobody here knows anything.... hmm hmm....

17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Maybes it's the last item in stock, plenty of webstores removes the item once it sells out.

1 person likes this.
  18. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Eh they changed their sizing scheme for shirts on their website and added pluses to everything, kinda confusing

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  19. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Hi guys,

Anybody have an opinion on this SLP bomber?

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/saint-laurent-bomber-jacket-item-10634927.aspx

I've never invested in a proper leather (for shame) and I know this will sound crazy but I can't decide between that or this Rick Owens number.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/409446

I don't know if I could ever get used to the freakishly long sleeves I see on most RO jackets.

That said, it's got some flair whereas the SLP is as understated as it gets (for upwards of 3.5k).

Thanks for your time, gents.

20. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Just so you know, there's only one person that runs the entire YSL.com operations and she handles customer service phones, email and sends out shipping info. The website automatically deletes inventory when it sells, but it takes a few days for it to confirm. I wouldn't worry about it.

This is at least as of last summer, it's possible they've hired more people to help out, but she was the only one there in a new york office. Poor girl even has to deal with complaints from the boutiques.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014