Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ that's a different code than the mid rise I bought at Ave Montaigne - can you post a pic of the inside tag? My product code is 388965 Y8691.

Edit: also, no D02 stamp on waistband it is D10 and pricing is not the same - ysl.com has the mid rise listed at $590.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015

2. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

the mid waist are labelled "mw" (or at least the pair i saw were).

there are usually two kinds of waxed jeans released, soft and hard waxed. it gets confusing because rarely does a single place order both kinds. hard is raw with reflective coating (like hedi's old sharp notations) and soft is washed and lightly coated. hard is usually mij and soft is mii. i prefer the hard waxed personally, but that's just me :)

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

^^ yep D10 M/SK-MW

4. therattler

therattler Senior member

hard wax are dope - my favourite jeans i own for sure. but damn they're stiff.

5. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

I probably wouldn't wear suede in heavy rain but I wear my black leather boots all the time in the rain. As leclutchjames said they do look better beaten up.

6. therattler

therattler Senior member

I have serious anxiety when it comes to suede and rain. That said, I have a pair of chelseas that have become my rain boots even if it just looks like it's going to rain.

7. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

lol, me too. the suede actually will get pretty wasted by rain. i just wear my chain wyatts or rangers in the rain and they're fine, a good leather protector helps too.

i really like the hard waxed, i always end up selling the soft waxed for some reason. i think it's because the hard waxed break in like raws. but of course to each their own.

love to see some fit pics with the mw's prudy, i like them but i'm not sure i can pull them off like you probably can! :)

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

ha, I'm sure you can, man :)

I have been meaning to post a pic, will do this weekend...i like the mid rise a lot so far.

9. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

I never wear my wyatts or hedi jodphurs in the rain and make an intentional effort to not get caught out in it either. With leather boots I wouldn't mind though as much I reckon.

Incidentally on the topic I go out of my way to try and avoid and predict other people's dumb behaviour on the london tube when they're sat next to me with their pret coffee - one time i luckily managed to avoid the splashback when someone dropped their coffee (I've learned it if CAN happen it WILL).

But this morning.. a yuppie with his open can of red bull half heartedly held in hand, standing up on the distict line - knew it was trouble and he somehow managed to swing the drink enough in his hand to get drops over my jodphurs ;(. luckily it rubbed up/out nicely enough to look like natural distressing - i didn't make a big deal of it cos I figured a 'sane' person wouldn't get so worked up about it cos (a) they wouldn't spend that kinda money on shoes and (b) i can't be getting worked up over minor blemishes when i'm rocking them with intentionally destroyed jeans.. not so congruent heh ±_± but fuckkk i knew it was going to happen.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015

10. silvrbullett

silvrbullett Member

I need sizing help on this sweatshirt. I normally wear 36-38 and prefer a fitted cut on sweatshirts. Various sites describe this tiger appliqué one as relaxed, fitted, and true to size. Does anyone have it and know what the real fit is like? I can't decide if I should order small or medium. [​IMG]

11. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i don't wear any leather in rain, if it rains i just wear my nike runners

not SLP but one time i wore my white Lanvin Captoe new ones for the second time only and this guy dropped a whole bottle of soy sauce and it shattered and spilled everywhere, it was literally inches away from my foot far out, i would have pressed charges on his ass

12. slann01

slann01 Senior member

ahahah that would've been an epic story to tell!

Today i tried my best for a ss15/ss14 look, do you think I succeeded?
    [​IMG]

13. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

just my opinion but i don't love the socks, pants need to be an inch longer (or maybe just black socks instead) and this look needs a blazer/leather or hat/scarf or something :)

14. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Yeah, probably pants need to be longer, those jeans are what i usually wear with prada creepers and maybe they are a bit too much for duckies. As for blazer/leather/scarf etc, the weather here in Rome doesn't permit any of that stuff during the summer ahaha. Thanks for the feedback Prudy!

15. therattler

therattler Senior member

this may be a long shot, but does anyone have the red hawaiian shirt in a 38? been trying to track one down for awhile