Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

I did a pre order for the blue check flannel. I suppose it will be shipped out soon as the boutiques already have them?

2. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i think shipped today.
    have you logged in and checked order details?

3. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Finally got around to trying the low waisted 15 cm jeans from LVR - these ones: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.a...&SizeChart=false&ItemTag=true&NoContext=false

From below the knee down they are good and skinny - hem is a true 15.5 (not 15 as listed), although it felt a bit tighter coming off my foot than others I have so that is good. From the knee up though they are much bigger than the AW 13 versions; from the knee up there's pretty much a full 1 cm on the double difference. Waist and seat is also much bigger and they look a bit big on me in my AW 13 size (29). The top block is really nice though and they look more low waisted than how the SS14 and AW14 ones sit.

They still look pretty good, but not all that skinny. I showed my friend, and he said they don't really look like skinny jeans - more like slim jeans. I got 29, could almost definitely manage 28, but the lower leg might be too tight. Really don't know what I can do with jeans anymore, might have to look elsewhere as these aren't going to work for me. Also, even if I wanted to keep these ones, I couldn't as the left knee is way tighter than the right - measured them and there was .5cm on the double which is a fair amount of difference and noticeable to the eye when worn.

I'm glad I held off on selling my spare AW13 ones now (sorry Prudy), but really wish I could get more of them. Hopefully the mid waist will still be good - tempted to pre-order a 28 as well now.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Hmmm, that sucks Kieran. I think these zip detail denim must be skinnier than the regular d02, then. I will definitely say the mid rise are way skinnier than what you just described.

5. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

Just checked and it's shipped, great

6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Prudy I think they are probably different as in both of your photos you don't have all the excess pooling at the knee that I have in these. Do you have or did you try 29 in either SS 14 or AW 14 raw black D02s at all, and if so did you find them to be big from the knee up? I'm kind of wondering if I might need to drop down to 28 for jeans.

7. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Yeah, I did - I had the same experience where they fit as desired below the knee but big in the upper thigh and butt, essentially.

Out of curiosity do you have thinner legs or average or muscular? We all take about waste size here but I wonder about all the variance in the leg, you know? 1 or even .5cm can make a big difference...

In general, though, I feel like they have been making the standard d02 both roomier in the butt/thigh and also longer (aka more pooling at the ankle) than the '13s.

8. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

One other thought, the SLP raws, being 2% elastane and sanforized makes them a bit tricky. Really, they are pretty much like the 'washed' jeans SLP sells but not yet washed. The composition is the same, though - so you can count on a .5cm or 1cm shrink depending on how you wash/dry them. This also makes them more skin tight and less structured than other raws, of course...

I find that they never really fit me right until I wash them (and sometimes dry them, depending on how much I want them to shrink). So it is a bit of a crap shoot as I have to kind of guess how they are going to perform after washing - I wish they would just produce a standard AW '13 spec version as a permanent collection item and then do all the variations season to season. It would be great to have a standard to follow and use as a guide for all the other jeans. It's funny because they seem to have reached this nirvana (IMO) with suiting and blazers, and even some shirts, aka, most of the permanent collection items. Chain Wyatts is another example.

Anyway...without being able to try this stuff on it is an ever-evolving guessing game of sorts as we all already know.

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Would probably pick up chain wyatts... wyatts been have been my favorite SLP pickup, more than any jeans/sneakers/etc. Most of the tailoring doesn't fit me very well.

10. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'd say I have somewhat skinny legs, but they look kind of muscular because I have very low body fat. I measure about 91 cm around my hips (butt) at the biggest part. A 29 in the AW 13 raws fits me perfectly from top to bottom. I even have a pair of indigo raws that I washed too hot and then dried on a radiator which caused them to shrink quite a lot, and they still fit pretty well, albeit quite tight (look something like the ones in this campaign photo below but not quite as tight):

[​IMG]

I just had a good comparison of the AW 13 ones against these new ones - the top block is very similar (waist is slightly bigger in the new ones, and seat, but not massively), but then the thigh is far bigger (1.7 cm bigger, which equals 3.4 cm all the way around which is a huge difference). The knee and calf is about 0.7 cm bigger (1.4 cm all the way around), and the hem is 0.5 cm bigger (actually measures 16 cm vs the 15.5 for AW 13). However the lower leg doesn't feel much different around the calf because these don't seem to stretch as much (they are apparently 2% elastane, but hardly have any stretch to them, whereas the AW 13 ones are 2% poly and have a good bit of stretch - quite hard to get the new ones off my feet, even though the hem is 0.5 cm bigger).

I wish they'd produce them too and I know quite a lot of people that experienced them do too. They really are the best jeans I've ever had (the first batch of SS 13 ones were good too, but the sizing was messed up on the second batch and they were too big). I wish that it was possible to have access to everything in the archive, produced to original spec - I'd buy so much then. It's a real shame it's going this way. I'm still sticking with the brand though because nothing else compares, but it's getting harder and harder to find pieces that still work well enough to bother spending the money on (I can't afford to spend all that much, so I try to use it on items that are really good).

From what you've said about the mid waist jeans they sound like they should be good - they're made in Italy I think so should be completely different to these that turned up. The coat sounds like it should be good too - if I can get those and the French boots then I'll still be pretty happy.

Another thing I don't like is the shallow pockets (I know that's been the case since AW 14), and on these the back pockets are over a full cm narrower - I can't even get my hands in them - put something in them when I was trying them on and couldn't get it out!

11. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

I'm thinking about the last size small flannel on ysl.com but I've already preordered the one from barneys. Not sure why the only non-western flannels are both a blue/black color way.

12. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

@kieran84 yeah, OK - I am about 92.5cm at the widest point. We're about the same, then.

Interesting about the measurement weirdness around the knee and hem - both the mid rise and zip detail denim I just got are more in the 14.5 - 15cm range, they are definitely smaller than my other SLPs (aside from some '13 pairs I have).

13. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yeah we are a similar size I think based on the knits we both have had success with.

14.5 - 15 sounds good! I just checked LVR and it seems that your zip ones, like the mid-waist ones, are made in Italy, whereas these black raws I have are made in Japan, and so that might have something to do with the variation.

14. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Too bad about the jeans being bigger. My AW13 ones fit perfectly, but I did find the SS14 ones to be a size large. I wear a size 27 but find that I get major ball-camel toe (some real SS14 shit) and was hoping I could size up to a 28 to avoid that. I have wondered about sizing up and getting them tailored, but am worried that the 1cm difference is so marginal that a tailor would fuck it up.

15. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I think a good tailor could probably do it, especially if you have a template to work from with you already having some AW13 ones. But yeah, in some parts of the leg the difference is very small which might make things difficult. I'd also be concerned about tailoring the new ones to be the same as the AW 13 ones because as I mentioned above, they don't seem to be as stretchy (even though they are 2% elastane).

I found the same thing as you with the SS 14 ones, but stayed with my regular size 29 because the waist band was a bit too tight in the 28, and the 28 was still pretty loose through the leg anyway. I thought I'd like having a slightly looser fit, but ended up selling them in the end because the fit just didn't really work for me.